JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Free Bags!

My local bi mart has Ziploc vacuum seal "starter kits" for free with a coupon taped to the front of them, normally 7.99. Just picked up my 6th one in a week.....saved $48 so far, we'll see how many I end up with!

I love that store!

Received and installed my Choate magazine extension for my 12ga 870 today. Now it's 6&1 of 2 3/4" and 7&1 of my Herters 2 1/4" 00buck! All that's left is shorten the barrel and replace the sight. Also, picked up some storage grub and a pack of 500L flashlights at Costco.

lets see, I ordered another 1200 rounds of good, Kosher IMI ammo for the Tavor as well as I placed a order for 3 cases of MREs. Also found some nice, cheap Sig mags for my MK 25 at the Salem gun show.

Things I realize I need to get: a gas 12 to 14" bar chainsaw with spare chain and sharpening file. I think I need to 'round out' my hand tools "just in case".

There's another thread where a guy was talking about his well in Idaho thats 330 feet down and has a 15HP motor on it. I need to think about water storage and when/if I have my own well I'm going to put on a 3500 or so gallon concrete storage tank. Make the walls thick enough- 12" or so- that should be a pretty good insulator and bullet resistance then I could even expand it for firefighting "just in case".

But the main prepping thing I've done over this weekend was fill out and mail the loan application to buy the farm.

The MOST important prepping is what I'm doing right now- drinking my morning coffee....!! =D

We went to a nursery yesterday and picked up 12 Asparagus starts. We also picked up some more seeds; heirloom veggies for me and flowers for my wife.

I've got to finish spading the garden in a while and will then add amendments. We've got rabbit and quail poop and compost that's from our compost pile.
I'm not sure if I should cover the ground with black plastic to get the soil heating or if I should let it get rained on a few times first. I'm leaning toward the latter.

We'll start our seeds indoors when the rain hits this week. We finally going all organic. :s0155:

We went to a nursery yesterday and picked up 12 Asparagus starts. We also picked up some more seeds; heirloom veggies for me and flowers for my wife.

I've got to finish spading the garden in a while and will then add amendments. We've got rabbit and quail poop and compost that's from our compost pile. I'm not sure if I should cover the ground with black plastic to get the soil heating or if I should let it get rained on a few times first. I'm leaning toward the latter.

We'll start our seeds indoors when the rain hits this week. We finally going all organic. :s0155:

Well Gog, you got me thinking on buying a green house. After seeing the prices for a decent one (I'm lazy, I'd rather build it right the first time and the best greenhouse I ever saw was made of 1/4" glass when I was about 8 years old and it was HUGE! I paced off where it was as an adult and it was STILL huge- estimated price? Around $40K) I found this online: <broken link removed> Looks totally doable- especially if the walls were shored up with rock concreted/waterproofed in place so it didn't turn into a below ground mud puddle.

Well Gog, you got me thinking on buying a green house. After seeing the prices for a decent one (I'm lazy, I'd rather build it right the first time and the best greenhouse I ever saw was made of 1/4" glass when I was about 8 years old and it was HUGE! I paced off where it was as an adult and it was STILL huge- estimated price? Around $40K) I found this online: <broken link removed> Looks totally doable- especially if the walls were shored up with rock concreted/waterproofed in place so it didn't turn into a below ground mud puddle.

That is a great Idea! Soon I will decide if I wanna sell this place and find my a little place on some land or stay here, in the hood.

**Dragging his butt on the ground like a dog with impacted anal glands AND worms at the same time***

Part of prepping is situational awareness. That is, you are consciously aware of whats going on around you.

I have been using "Identity Guard" now for about 9 months trying to clean up my credit to buy a house and I've worked my little pea picking heart out. Well they have a "Guesstimate" computer software program that takes known data, chugs out a credit report that they claim is accurate.

According to them, my score was 697, 704, and 706 from Experian, Equifax and TransUnion.

Imagine my dismay when I ordered reports from the "Big 3" and they came back as 683, 607 and 735.

OK, 683 is close to 697. 735 would be NICE compared to 706. But jeepers to slide from 704 down to 607? That's a 97 point drop!!

I can skate on the Experian and the TransUnion, but the Equifax is certainly a "no-go" for house buying.

Prepping, also means making sure your finances are healthy enough to fulfill your economic plans. I was under the impression I was "good to go" and I'm not. *Big sigh* :(

Build a $300 underground greenhouse for year-round gardening (Video)[/url] Looks totally doable- especially if the walls were shored up with rock concreted/waterproofed in place so it didn't turn into a below ground mud puddle.

All going to depend up your water table and topography. Even with suitable topography and location, water evacuation / removal is going to be needed. Any time you dig a hole in Western Oregon or Washington it turns into a pond in the winter.

All going to depend up your water table and topography. Even with suitable topography and location, water evacuation / removal is going to be needed. Any time you dig a hole in Western Oregon or Washington it turns into a pond in the winter.

Exactly- I tried sketching out a few ideas like going deeper, installing sand and crushed gravel but couldn't convince myself it'd work all the time. Kicked around the idea of curtain drain with a sump pump- meh, it'd work and I suppose could do dual duty as a water collection unit also. So yeah its a great plan but it could be improved maybe.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top