JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Costco has gallon jugs of coconut grease cheep..great to replace butter and for frying. Will likely store forever

Today picked up another box of 10 MM target ammo for my new Witness Elite Match and stocked up on Canadian whiskey

With our grandson over for the weekend we bought two new board games. Played one and put the other in the storage room. There is a new type of Monopoly game that only takes 1/2 hr to play. It's fun too!

We have the Dr Who version. I'm the Monotony Master and my wife hates playing against me, now :s0112:

Costco has gallon jugs of coconut grease cheep..great to replace butter and for frying. Will likely store forever

Today picked up another box of 10 MM target ammo for my new Witness Elite Match and stocked up on Canadian whiskey

that stuff great to sear with as well, super high smoke point on it.

I ordered some 5.56 and some Shotgun shells. Also ordered some side plates for my Carrier.

One thing about the Mosin Norm is that ammunition can still be had at reasonable prices, especially if purchased by the case. The old 54r is nothing to sneeze at either. I love shooting my old fire breathing dragon.

Yeah, I just ordered 2 440rnd Russian spam cans for... Roughly $200 shipped. Gonna keep 1 with my stores and split the other between my BoB and plinking ammo. Excited to get this thing out and put some rounds down range.

Made a quick trip to the Portland Bishop's Storehouse. Picked up some flour (cheap price for 3 bags) and some non-fat milk. Made a trip to Bob's Red Mill and picked up some oat groats and wheat berries. Oh and did 55 lbs of chicken in the pressure canner -- chicken from Zaycon.com.

I cleaned my carry pistol and the bedside twelve gauge tonight.

I ordered five boxes of CCI Blazer .45ACP from Natchez on sale for $19.95 a box yesterday. (limit 5 boxes) It's good practice ammo and the price was decent, even with shipping costs.

Prepping today consisted of putting my boot in both my friends butt and my realtor's butt- the realtor does the paperwork and the friend keeps her honest. Since I'm in Lakewood, and they're in Mena, Arkansas it's really hard to look long distance. Been packing for my move to the country, updated my med list from the VA, confirmed doctors appointment for next Wednesday, confirmed I'm pis sed that Doomsday Prepper's isn't on Wednesday right now.

Prepping is a lifestyle- and as Jennifer James says on her TV show, Success is the quality of your journey..

You make the garden to attract the rabbits. You skin the rabbits to attract other critters like coyotes, wolves, bobcats, etc. Or you get a rabbit call and learn how to sing those "dyin' rabbit blues".

Besides gardens are easy- if you do it right, the Good Books I've purchased said a 10 by 20 plot per person if done right will feed one person per year. Cripes you can rip a 60 by 60 plot with a good rototiller in a day! Have the wife and kids plant and weed and make sure you use Heirloom seeds ONLY. This gives you food, extra seed, and some trade bait. You could do it on a full weekend and make it much larger right?

Consider yourself lucky you learned about it here, first rather than dying! ;)

I was being sarcastic, lol. Thanks for the concern.
I already have the garden and orchard and I have had this breeding trio of rabbits for 2 yrs. (quite productive). Quail will be next for egg production. One thing you might be able to help with. I need to find a gluten free grain I can grow in the northwest (west of mountains) that's not quinoa or corn (Family member with celiac so they actually CAN'T have gluten). Corn uses too much irrigation water and quinoa uses a bunch of water for washing off the "soap". I understand that water is a must, however I want to try and keep my water use as low as possible.

I was being sarcastic, lol. Thanks for the concern.
I already have the garden and orchard and I have had this breeding trio of rabbits for 2 yrs. (quite productive). Quail will be next for egg production. One thing you might be able to help with. I need to find a gluten free grain I can grow in the northwest (west of mountains) that's not quinoa or corn (Family member with celiac so they actually CAN'T have gluten). Corn uses too much irrigation water and quinoa uses a bunch of water for washing off the "soap". I understand that water is a must, however I want to try and keep my water use as low as possible.

I need to provide you with beer so you can teach me some hands on gardening cause I'm clueless. As far as making soap? Not happening- my time is far more important.

I went on Ebay and purchased a case of 72 bars of United States Army Body Soap (Lightly lavender scented- Whisky Tango Foxtrot? Why the lavender stuff?) and I paid like $60. Each bar has been lasting about 3 weeks and they're relatively small.

Army or Marine Corp soap uses as little water as possible so thats an option. As far as the gluten stuff thats beyond my skill base.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top