JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have done everything on that list (including help dig a grave for a human being) except sutures and set a bone. I don't mind my own blood, but I get squeamish around others blood or injuries.
*** The alcohol we made was for human consumption, not fuel usage, but that should not be more difficult, just done on a larger scale.

However, I am probably more optimistic that those skills, while good to have, will not be required due to societal collapse any time in the near future.

Actually, if I were to choose the most important skill to have on that list, it would be one that I don't have; sutures or stopping the loss of blood from an injury. Plenty of people die from loss of blood, taking training from an organization like Stop The Bleed is on my to do list.
You'd be surprised how the operational principles of those skills cross over to other skills (listed and not listed). Strive to be a "renaissance man" for all seasons.

Added bonus: Women dig it! :s0073:

I have all kinds of super manly skills, you know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

1699227618866.png

Last Edited:
Can you: Grow a garden. Yep

Wire up electronics. Yep
cut and stack firewood. Given enough time, Yep
clean a chimney. If I have to
solve plumbing problems. Yep
set a broken bone Yep
throw sutures. It won't be pretty, but Yep
make water pure. Yep
bump start a car with a dead battery. Yep
trap a rabbit or a bird or a predator. Yep
catch a fish Yep
sight in a rifle. Yep
calm an angry person. I usually am the angry person
fix a flat tire Yep
fix a leaking roof. Not anymore
tow a vehicle Yep
dig a grave. Never needed to but probably— If given enough time
know how to make alcohol for fuel. Yep
write a congress member and give them direction. Yep
feed your family and friends for a month or so. Yep

Figure it out. More often than not

Soon

So few anymore grow up being taught any of the "simple stuff" that used to be so common. One nice thing is those who do know how to do "stuff" may soon be highly sought after by those who have "means" but no know how. They will have to hire others who can do. :D
I literally have a waitlist of liberals wanting me to build, remodel, or weld for them. I had to start turning them away! I work a desk job, but know more than most of the older "educated" people I work with, haha.

I literally have a waitlist of liberals wanting me to build, remodel, or weld for them. I had to start turning them away! I work a desk job, but know more than most of the older "educated" people I work with, haha.
Mechanical skills are no longer learned by children. These days, tons of people with a masters degree cannot change a vacuum cleaner belt.

Although this very day, I attended an open house at my granddaughter's (non public) high school and talked to some lads in the Robotics Club who knew how to build things. So, this deficiency isn't universal.

You'd be surprised, some of the most skilled carpenters and builders I've met were more highly educated/had science degrees. Attention to detail and a desire to implement modern building technologies versus Joe Schmoe that's "been doing it that way for 30 years" who refuses to learn from others merely due to their younger age. On the flipside, I've met tech nerds that have never left shelter willingly and wouldn't know which end of a hammer to hold and tradesmen that have the nicest PC gaming setups I've ever seen.

Point being, people will often surprise you. Give them a chance.

I can turn a perfectly good working order something into a box of parts, normally doesn't even take me that long.
You know you're a true master when you can take something apart, put it back together exactly the way you took it apart... and always have parts left over.👍

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top