JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yea I'm not a lawyer but seems to me you could legally still use force to stop the attack once you know its' not a real gun, but not deadly force (In OR). The fact that they are in a moving vehicle and you are walking (in this scenario I mean) really limits your options though. It's a tough one that I'm trying to get my head around. If you could call 911 and get a response within a reasonable time frame then it would be a whole different deal but that is simply not realistic at all here (sounds like the lady did just that and eventually got a visit later that night by police).

We need to invent a vehicle-stopping EMP, or taser, that fits in your pocket and works at distance! :p
also agree, you can use the same level of force applied to/at you but the delimma here is its not like anyone carries a bb gun for self defense. Also, if they were using a real gun or not this is similar to an ambush assault where theres not really much anyone can do to respond in time if they fire a shot and continue driving on, by the time one assessed any injuries as non lethal it wouldnt be prudent to use lethal force at that point. This is a no win situation. That said, I still dont think it unreasonable to be expected to determine first if its a bb gun or similar... but im not a lawyer either.

Sadly the law protects these types of people and makes it a pure hassle for the victim to report and get justice.
And with covid and politics.. I highly doubt anything is getting followed up on.
Best one can do is get a plate number and report them in order to stay within the law.

However, some of those air guns/paintball markers "could" have high enough FPS to where a victim feels as if they have actually been shot and return fire.. in which case these idiots will mess with the wrong person and one of them will die via ventilation. Its just a matter of time.

If the police are not willing or able to do their jobs. Lawlessness prevails. Shoot and kill and disappear. Idiots that play stupid games get stupid prizes. How many unsolved murders are there in Portland this year? This is my opinion. I am not a lawyer...

...its not like anyone carries a bb gun for self defense...
I know they make a full auto beretta 92 bb pistol and a c96 full auto pistol. Don't know if they have enough power to shoot out all their windows as they drive by though. But then u are carrying another big pistol on the odd chance something like this happens and no one would ever carry it just for that chance, like u said.

My largest streamlight throws 2200 lumens.
I see a newer model in the same size now available with 3500 lumens .

safe to assume my blinding the driver of a blacked out vehicle could be almost as dangerous as paint balls in my direction. Good thing I don't wear a license plate on my a$$

Appropriate response...

Whatever helps you survive the encounter with least amount of legal issues.

Breaking contact , as we used to say in the army comes to mind here...
Focusing on and remembers as many details about the vehicle and the shooter...
Maybe placing yourself between others and the shooter / moving others to safety....
I kinda like the strong / super bright flashlight idea....with that said....
Anything that you do which could even remotely be construed as offensive in nature will be done.....
Which may lead to legal issues....

As noted by many , taking the time and having the luck to be able to identify an item as a actual pellet / paintball gun , may not be in cards for you.
Andy

It seems there are more people showing concern about this on this single blog than there is coming out of PPD. I spent over half a century being supportive of police but am starting to lose that opinion. This can go a couple ways. Maybe LE will bump into this shooter. Or an armed citizen will return fire. Or the shooter will graduate to a firearm. Either way, this is what our major cities have devolved to. I like the flashlight idea. I left Oregon because the Left declared war on our own people.

I don't believe he would call the cops and say I shot a kid with an airsoft drive by with my lights out and some guy shot my Bronco with rubber bullets :D but I would point out how wrong that could go!

blast.jpeg

they should not have beat him BUT at the END of the video they mentioned the police were enforcing curfew after 3 days of rioting...WTF was he doing out after curfew with a gun? lets quit making criminals victims!

Seems like if it were an actual priority all that Patriot Act toys that were paid for could be put to use. License plate readers alone should be of some use.

Better to have someone working on that than a few bodies later when these idiots paintball the wrong pedestrian. This isn't the Gay 20's. (1920s). A lot of people are on edge.

So there have been 3 reports of an older black bronco shooting pedestrians with either a "pellet gun" or "clay ball gun" (I assume they mean paintball but I don't know) near me.

So here is a hypothetical q, if u were walking ur young kid and they got shot by this vehicle, what would be an appropriate response?

Fwiw the latest report of kid shot was at 6pm and person reported to police and they eventually showed up in the late evening (I'm surprised they showed up at all tbh).

Also fwiw one person reported it was adults not kids doing the shooting.

Also fwiw the people getting shot sound like regular folks, not squatters or similar.
So what area exactly are we talking about? NE? SE? Cross streets would be valuable intel if you have them.

Thanks.

Just a data point; When I was a kid I had a CO2 BB pistol that would put a hole through the side of a soup can, and dent the far side pretty good. Seems to me that that kind of power COULD be fatal and surely cause serious permanent injury.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top