JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Uh, for a "Police State", wouldn't you need a bunch of police? Mabey they could get a bunch o' them peaceful protesters to be the police for The Police State?
That's what the federal government is for.

I'm not going to waste my time on you. Just step in line with everyone else. If you truly think it's a good idea to shoot people with non lethal rounds for only breaking curfew then we have nothing to talk about. I'm all about using force when it comes to looting, riots, and violence. But for simply being outside (not associated with any of these acts) violence in that form is not warranted. We might as well start running tasers, and beating people immediately for not surrendering their IDs, not using a turn signal or failing to stop immediately for police. Heaven forbid you tell them they aren't allowed to search your $hit. You have no concept of what policing entails.
it was the 4th night of rioting?

I'm not going to waste my time on you. Just step in line with everyone else. If you truly think it's a good idea to shoot people with non lethal rounds for only breaking curfew then we have nothing to talk about. I'm all about using force when it comes to looting, riots, and violence. But for simply being outside (not associated with any of these acts) violence in that form is not warranted. We might as well start running tasers, and beating people immediately for not surrendering their IDs, not using a turn signal or failing to stop immediately for police. Heaven forbid you tell them they aren't allowed to search your $hit. You have no concept of what policing entails.
YEP that was WAY More Nothing!

Sorry for the tone bur
t I asked an honest question, WHAT do you think the cops should do when people refuse to comply? I'm not asking you to call me names or imply I'm Immoral, What would do YOU think they should do?

Sounds to me like you want a police state. We are well on our way. You may end up getting what you want.
The Left love to cry out how the government provides roads, rails and other infrastructure. In Portland in particular, there are many no go zones. We pay taxes (I'm going there) to safely walk and travel throughout the state. In these areas there in no effort to keep the streets safe. Only a reactive report taking response

I used to work nights and would be in Portland at all hours. Never felt unsafe even near China Town or the old Voodoo donuts. We don't need a police state just do what our taxes are paying for.

The Left love to cry out how the government provides roads, rails and other infrastructure. In Portland in particular, there are many no go zones. We pay taxes (I'm going there) to safely walk and travel throughout the state. In these areas there in no effort to keep the streets safe. Only a reactive report taking response

I used to work nights and would be in Portland at all hours. Never felt unsafe even near China Town or the old Voodoo donuts. We don't need a police state just do what our taxes are paying for.
To be clear I am against a police state. I think you should allow the police to do their jobs. Unfortunately their hands are tied and criminals are being validated and not prosecuted. I work in Portland as well and have seen the effects of neutering the police force.

Sorry for the tone bur
t I asked an honest question, WHAT do you think the cops should do when people refuse to comply? I'm not asking you to call me names or imply I'm Immoral, What would do YOU think they should do?
That depends. Is it passive? Is it active? Is their force or a weapon introduced? There are a lot of context and elements that need to be clarified before I can give you an answer. Have you ever heard of the force continuum? I'll give you my opinion once you clarify the elements and the demeanor of the suspect and the crime being committed.

That depends. Is it passive? Is it active? Is their force or a weapon introduced? There are a lot of context and elements that need to be clarified before I can give you an answer. Have you ever heard of the force continuum? I'll give you my opinion once you clarify the elements and the demeanor of the suspect and the crime being committed.
how would you clear the streets after curfew in a city that had been rioting, burning and Looting? The people being shot at with less lethal munitions have already refused to comply with a curfew to end the riots?

how would you clear the streets after curfew in a city that had been rioting, burning and Looting? The people being shot at with less lethal munitions have already refused to comply with a curfew to end the riots?
Well I would handle someone who was actively participating in looting/riots/destruction/ect. differently than I would someone just standing on a sidewalk or walking down the street. If your active in violence (whether is against people or property) I'm all for the use of force. If it's someone who is walking on the street alone or standing in a small group how about making contact. Advising them. And if they refuse and resist you use whatever force necessary/warranted to put them in custody. If your last and best resort is to ride around in an unmarked vehicle it would be best to announce yourself as LE and advise of the curfew and the consequence that will be taken if they are not followed. If individual actively refuse then deploy gas, non lethal, ect. Ideally if the police force was backed by the DA and politicians they would have a force that would allow them to be on foot and arrest individuals rather than shooting them. Unfortunately we don't work in a perfect world and politicians have done a wonderful job in hindering LE and lifting up criminals to saint hood (I.e. George Floyd and all the other $hit bag antifa and BLM protesters).

With Biden's vax mandate, we already had a Police State--50 of them, in fact
Yup. You're gunna be left with a whole lot of yes-men in the police force. Not all of them but a lot. Props to the people who walked away from retirement and stood their ground. We just have to be ready to be our own response. Although we should be ready now….

Arresting to begin with. Also, crossing state lines to commit a crime should notch the penalty up a bit. From the videos I've seen, the riots are in poorer parts of town. Doubling the hit to the locals.

What would be absolutely wonderful is, DAs filing suits against CNN, FOX, or any other outlet grandstanding and outright lying leading up to these riots and lose of life.

In a court situation. Knowing it was idiots with a pellet gun is very different than not knowing.

YOU DISOBEY A LAWFUL ORDER that was enacted to stop rioting and looting. Are the police just supposed to surrender the streets to criminals? would you rather they line up with batons and beat them down? Please was ignored, the law was ignored, I Believe in ZERO tolerance for rioting or any criminal behavior not just the ones you like.
What I saw was couple dudes standing around a pickup getting shot at in a drive-by perpetrated by people in a white van -- not that much different than getting shot at by someone in a black Bronco. Seriously, anyone who goes around doing that shouldn't cry when they take fire.

What I saw was couple dudes standing around a pickup getting shot at in a drive-by perpetrated by people in a white van -- not that much different than getting shot at by someone in a black Bronco. Seriously, anyone who goes around doing that shouldn't cry when they take fire.
the people being shot by the bronco are not out after curfew was declared do to rioting,

Did you see mow many officers in tactical gear exited the white van? I counted 6, plus the driver who stayed in the vehicle. Makes me think they knew that trouble might happen as a result of their actions.

Last Edited:
the people being shot by the bronco are not out after curfew was declared do to rioting,
Does it have to be said? Standing around a truck after curfew is not a shooting offense.

You know what my biggest beef with the regressive-left is? Their authoritarian attitude. I absolutely hold the authoritarian-right to an identical level of disgust. The difference between Mao and Hitler politically is of absolutely zero interest to me. The fact that they are monsters, authoritarians, is the ONLY thing I care about.

Does it have to be said? Standing around a truck after curfew is not a shooting offense.

You know what my biggest beef with the regressive-left is? Their authoritarian attitude. I absolutely hold the authoritarian-right to an identical level of disgust. The difference between Mao and Hitler politically is of absolutely zero interest to me. The fact that they are monsters, authoritarians, is the ONLY thing I care about.
how is it authoritarian to enforce the law. again a person with no answer to how to make people obey the law. Riots+Curfew=restored law and order only if enforced. I'm not a zealot but how would you make them obey when they say no?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top