JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Riflemen prefer a 21 meter minimum, artillerymen prefer a 21 kilometer minimum.
We also preferred CAS and 3 to 1 odds in our favor. Preferably a good set of clean socks and either dip or cigs.

Bonus points if you had some wheat snack bread and jalapeno cheese spread.

Americans prefer 'Merican system of measurement.
Hear ya, I always hated the hassle of "equating" FROG numbers to manly-man numbers when I was active duty.

We also preferred CAS and 3 to 1 odds in our favor. Preferably a good set of clean socks and either dip or cigs.

Bonus points if you had some wheat snack bread and jalapeno cheese spread.

BTW- that's pronounced, "Juh-lap-en-oh"…. For those of you in Rio Linda, CA.

Hear ya, I always hated the hassle of "equating" FROG numbers
I use 6,400 mm as the guiding distance... that's a lot more distance from the threat than all y'all.

Cuz metric... there's always more of them... ;)

From my own personal combat experience I can greatly attest to you wanting a lot of distance between you and the person(s) shooting at you. The closer it gets the sketchier it gets really fast.

Engaging from atop a mountain down into a valley or along another ridge side is one thing. Being engaged from a hilltop down to you is not fun. Playing where's waldo in an urban environment from taking pot shots out of windows isn't fun either. There's a process to help confusion in a TIC for counting floors and windows but basically urban warfare is hell on steroids and meth, throw in stairwells and you've got the perfect concoction for stress induced failure and higher likely hoods of getting hit akin to being the first thru a fatal funnel.

MOUT teaches us it's really 50/50 if you will successfully repel a threat or be dropped. OPFOR always cheats too so just accept that. This is why we rely on the 3 to 1 odds in all warfare with overwhelming volume. Pretty hard for one person to do by themselves which teaches us another important thing, working in a team to "shoot, move, communicate, kill" as they said it.

Of course this was well over 10 years ago now so I'm sure there's new doctrine and teachings since we've ended the 20 years war in the ME.

tl;dr in close fightin sucks and you'll likely die tired...

guidelines.jpg

21ft is further away than you think and it takes less time to close the distance than you think. From the dickheads I know who carry, they'd be better off if knife guy started at 50ft. Gotta move that belly out of the way and make sure you don't catch your tactical upside down watch on your Batman gadget belt. In fact, maybe stick with pocket sand.

Touche`...finally a good solid explanation on more of a national level of a research experiment that unfortunately took on a perverted life of it's own.

I agree with everything except the part of how long a person can live when shot through the heart...never heard the 10-15 second thing. Research I've seen many years ago had people living up to two minutes before expiring....other than that, well done!

Thank you for posting.

Things I picked up on most in OP video.

The person shot was aiming for suicide by cop ala premeditation. This also involved the 9th circus...

Depending on locals and other conditions how do you effectively "train" to not be prosecuted by the ire of the courts which have shown to be very anti 2A?

You can train with weapons/tactics but how does one train against courts? Taking into account the above about the bad actions of the perp it seems like this was being used to weaponize a case against guns in general.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top