JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
one would have to have a completely inept lawyer to not be able to convince a jury a pellet gun poses a deadly threat.

View attachment 1069922
I think you grossly underestimated the level of stupidity of a major portion of the population. Just look at the Tamir Rice case and how many people believe that the police were NOT justified in shooting the kid. Those are the people that could end up on your jury.

There are tons of people who think that the only time the police are justified in firing their weapons, is AFTER they have taken rounds. I mean, assuming their still alive, of course.

Hell, for that matter, there are people who legitimately believe that the police should NEVER fire on a "citizen"...EVER.

Even the best lawyer in the world cannot fix stupid.

Police shortage here is nuts. 16 officers for 180,000 people.
969E3CBF-E625-4B89-B279-C853EB1D7157.jpeg

So there have been 3 reports of an older black bronco shooting pedestrians with either a "pellet gun" or "clay ball gun" (I assume they mean paintball but I don't know) near me.

So here is a hypothetical q, if u were walking ur young kid and they got shot by this vehicle, what would be an appropriate response?

Fwiw the latest report of kid shot was at 6pm and person reported to police and they eventually showed up in the late evening (I'm surprised they showed up at all tbh).

Also fwiw one person reported it was adults not kids doing the shooting.

Also fwiw the people getting shot sound like regular folks, not squatters or similar.
I've always been a fan of good ole mob justice, and brutal azz whippings.

they should not have beat him BUT at the END of the video they mentioned the police were enforcing curfew after 3 days of rioting...WTF was he doing out after curfew with a gun? lets quit making criminals victims!
I'm as disgusted at Antifa as anybody -- mostly because of their arbitrary and overly aggressive violence. We don't get a better society by having merely a different set of arbitrary and overly aggressive violent actors. For the life of me, I can't comprehend firing a weapon, even less than lethal but easily confused as such, at curfew violators. People starting fires or smashing windows? Have at it, but driving around in a van shooting at people is just asking to take return fire.

Police shortage here is nuts. 16 officers for 180,000 people.
View attachment 1070547
Maybe the removal of 3-4 people could fix this. Perhaps knowing there is little chance of getting caught and any repercussions if they do, spur idiots into doing these things.

Wheeler, Hardesty and their DA have managed to stay out of the news lately but they don't deserve that privilege. Anytime I go thru 1-5 or the airport it doesn't get better. Hopefully BB gun attacks don't get ramped up a notch.

I'm as disgusted at Antifa as anybody -- mostly because of their arbitrary and overly aggressive violence. We don't get a better society by having merely a different set of arbitrary and overly aggressive violent actors. For the life of me, I can't comprehend firing a weapon, even less than lethal but easily confused as such, at curfew violators. People starting fires or smashing windows? Have at it, but driving around in a van shooting at people is just asking to take return fire.
YOU DISOBEY A LAWFUL ORDER that was enacted to stop rioting and looting. Are the police just supposed to surrender the streets to criminals? would you rather they line up with batons and beat them down? Please was ignored, the law was ignored, I Believe in ZERO tolerance for rioting or any criminal behavior not just the ones you like.

YOU DISOBEY A LAWFUL ORDER that was enacted to stop rioting and looting. Are the police just supposed to surrender the streets to criminals? would you rather they line up with batons and beat them down? Please was ignored, the law was ignored, I Believe in ZERO tolerance for rioting or any criminal behavior not just the ones you like.
Non lethal being shot at someone for simply being out past curfew? You think that's a good tactic? Shooting objects at citizens without identifying yourself…. I'm in 100% support of LE but this tactic was thought out about as well as the Afghanistan withdrawal. What did you think would happen in a city that already struggles with crime, shootings, drive bys, ect. The risk assessment wasn't thought through on this plan. You're basically saying if you disobey police in any way you should have your teeth kicked in. I obey the police but i don't agree with the tactic used here. You may be being singing a different tune if it was your child being shot at simply for leaving the house past curfew and hanging out with some of his friends.

Non lethal being shot at someone for simply being out past curfew? You think that's a good tactic? Shooting objects at citizens without identifying yourself…. I'm in 100% support of LE but this tactic was thought out about as well as the Afghanistan withdrawal. What did you think would happen in a city that already struggles with crime, shootings, drive bys, ect. The risk assessment wasn't thought through on this plan. You're basically saying if you disobey police in any way you should have your teeth kicked in. I obey the police but i don't agree with the tactic used here.
Nope your right I would ask nicely again!

I would like an honest thoughtful response on what police should do after criminals refuse to comply? It only works if people comply, if they believe they don't have to officers get hurt. If you chose to be a criminal and disobey legal orders??? What would you have the police do?

Maybe the removal of 3-4 people could fix this. Perhaps knowing there is little chance of getting caught and any repercussions if they do, spur idiots into doing these things.

Wheeler, Hardesty and their DA have managed to stay out of the news lately but they don't deserve that privilege. Anytime I go thru 1-5 or the airport it doesn't get better. Hopefully BB gun attacks don't get ramped up a notch.
If you get a chance/are forced to drive around town next time, take a look at license plate tags. Not in the real nice hoods with nice lawns and no sight of homeless. but a large part of middle outer NE and SE are good places. It's amazing how many people haven't bothered license their cars. Not just the old beaters either. Nice cars, beemers and such!
There's no law, or law enforcement, in potland any more! In the retail market businesses people load their carts and walk out the door! There's no police to answer calls! We all hold our breath around here that nothing bad goes down (knocking on wood)

That feckless mayor, the crypt keeper and the rest of 'em. This is their city, they made it the way it is!

Last Edited:
I would like an honest thoughtful response on what police should do after criminals refuse to comply? It only works if people comply, if they believe they don't have to officers get hurt. If you chose to be a criminal and disobey legal orders??? What would you have the police do?
Sounds to me like you want a police state. We are well on our way. You may end up getting what you want.

Sounds to me like you want a police state. We are well on our way. You may end up getting what you want.
Uh, for a "Police State", wouldn't you need a bunch of police? Mabey they could get a bunch o' them peaceful protesters to be the police for The Police State?

you sound like a Progressive when you answer a question with a non sensical statement :rolleyes:
I'm not going to waste my time on you. Just step in line with everyone else. If you truly think it's a good idea to shoot people with non lethal rounds for only breaking curfew then we have nothing to talk about. I'm all about using force when it comes to looting, riots, and violence. But for simply being outside (not associated with any of these acts) violence in that form is not warranted. We might as well start running tasers, and beating people immediately for not surrendering their IDs, not using a turn signal or failing to stop immediately for police. Heaven forbid you tell them they aren't allowed to search your $hit. You have no concept of what policing entails.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top