JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Slutty indeed....

In other news....it's fishing season.
I'm reading that trolling is becoming an increasingly popular form of fishing.
Especially so with some of the newer fisherman.

Question for the day....

Will a 10/22 with a 20 round mag be considered an assault weapon?

Most informative answer will earn the respondent a sexy training bra and a delightfully invasive thong.

Flossing is still illegal.

928525.png

HOW??? Man, I thought I was doing it on the cheap. I use Tracfone and it costs me over $5 per month by buying a $5 "1,000 text" card online, then grabbing a year's service for $59.99 when they ask if I'd like to add that to the cart. I've got thousands of minutes and texts available, and more data than I'll likely ever use that carries over. Seems you have to actually turn on the phone to deplete those resources. :D

BTW, you don't need to worry about listening to messages if you don't set up your voice mail system. :s0140: Ask me how I know.
A number of years back a store chain was having a promotion.. target maybe(?)... I don't recall. With a purchase of something or other, I don't remember either and wasn't the one getting the codes, but they gave a code on your receipt for a 1 year tracfone service plan that didn't come with any talk/text/data. Retail value was $50 IIRC. By then I was like you with a triple bonus phone and had 1000's of minutes of talk, texts and GB of data that had been rolling over for years... so.... the person that was doing those code redemptions was selling them to me for $25 each... and... I put 12 of them on my account (12 years). :D I think my plan ends in 2027.

From then on I've just lived off what was accumulated and the only thing I pay for is the $5 for 1000 texts once or twice a year. I might not make it until 2027 though. I'm down to about 2600min of talk time left so.... 8yrs... I've burned through over half of what I started with.

It's not exactly that cheap. I still have to buy a phone every now and again, but usually buy used or refurbished smartphones on the cheap. Maybe one every 4-5yrs-ish(?)... and trade the old ones into amazon for amazon credit. Considering how little used and I keep them in a case (otterbox), they always look like new and could probably get more off something like ebay, but it's just not worth the hassle.

$2.25/mnth is just the phone plan.

The last phone I had to buy kind of ticked me off. I only had it for 4 years and not long ago tracfone changed the phone service protocols that my phone wouldn't support. It was no slouch either... Galaxy S9+... worthless.

Last Edited:
Assuming it is intrastate dealings, the ATF has no requirement for a FTF deal, those are state laws, so it would be State or local police trying to set you up.
But atf has many years of track record of trying to get peopel to sell to felons, employing the most outrageous techniques. Including setting up a fake smoke shop accross from the high school in Gresham, preying on mentally retarded people that don't know any better to sell to felons and then putting them in jail.

ATF works largely via sting operations, especially if they can get seller in a position where they will do most anything to not go to jail.

I've bought a few things on here, and I'll post classifieds to sell occasionally. I've never had a buyer here ask to circumvent the laws for a gun sale, maybe because the terms of the sale are listed clearly in the ad. Or maybe because I haven't really sold too much around these parts. I've had armslist conversations of the like, but even then, not many. Selling to strangers off the books is sketchy at best, especially in the gun market. I personally wouldn't take the risk or ask/expect a seller to either. I hate the regulations we've put on firearms here, I hate the bureaucratic bullsh*t we have to deal with to exercise our right, and I hate government oversight in every aspect of life, but I also want to deal with clean guns in public well lit areas. I can understand both sides of that coin, but personally, I've bought and sold everything by the book with very little complications.
As far as the ghosting goes, there are a million reasons to change your mind about a transaction. It's rude and disrespectful to ghost, so I've been annoyed by that as well, but I understand when people lose interest. I had someone change their mind on an ammo sale because they found it somewhere else for .01 less per round, then came back because they didn't want to pay shipping, then change their mind again because gas was too expensive to meet halfway, then change their mind again because they didn't want to wait a week to get it. Some folks just don't know how to make up their mind. If you want to sell stuff locally, it's a headache you have to deal with. I try to keep things as plain and simple as possible, explain any details that might make a transaction conditional, be clear and to the point, and don't muddy the water with extra drama. I prefer texting because I work weird hours, have a family life to balance, don't want to constantly check multiple sites/apps for communications, texts are immediate notifications all in one source, don't usually have time to answer phone calls during "normal" hours, and it keeps a record of the agreements between buyer/seller just in case someone says, "you told me i could have it for $xx amount!" That goes for pretty much anything you sell on any platform, whether it's here, Facebook marketplace, Craigslist, or anywhere else.

I have encountered people who want to transfer under the table.
I changed the listing to say:

"ALL FIREARM TRANSFERS MUST BE COMPLETED THROUGH AN FFL, NO EXCEPTIONS!".

I have bought a couple guns and sold some things on NWFA over the years and can only relate to the "Ghosting" phenomenon. That one is bothersome for sure. I will always let someone know if I have changed my mind because it is lame to be left hanging, especially if you really need money from your sale.

I never had anyone try to get me to break the law, and as others have said, I would assume they are likely a prohibited possessor or some alphabet agency trying to trap you. Report them and move on.

I still have a stack of bills of sale from before the mandatory BGCs. Those were the days. Since then I only had to walk away once from a sale, we met at a FFL and the guy tried to change the price on gun. What a waste of time.
Same exact experience in the last 10 years. Including the change of price but ended up clearing the misunderstanding on their part up and still have the pistol.

Everything else has been great, good people, on time, good communication and everything.

So overall I'd say this place has the most stand up and salt of the earth folks.

Just my 2¢

OK, another slant that annoys me.

I place a classified listing.
I check it a few hours later.
Several said they want to purchase item.
I do the honorable thing and contact the first respondent. He says he will buy the item but cannot pick it up for a week. I agree to hold it. A week later he changed his mind and all my back up buyers have found the item somewhere else. :(

I do the honorable thing and contact the first respondent. He says he will buy the item but cannot pick it up for a week. I agree to hold it. A week later he changed his mind and all my back up buyers have found the item somewhere else. :(
Rule #1
First guy with cash IS the buyer. No holds.
I would never expect a seller to hold an item for sale, because it's for SALE.

That's the thing about honor. It's not always easy, convenient or free. Especially in this day and age when a lot of times, being honorable on your part is no guarantee the other party will be honorable, too.

"I'll take it" then later, "but not for awhile''... that's a bit low and shifty. The honorable assumption is when you say "I'll take it" means you are now, at this moment, prepared to accept the condition, price, terms and perform my part in an expedious manner.. mutually agreed by both parties.

In his case, the upfront and honorable thing would have been to say, "I want it, but it'll be a week". Under the "man's code", that gives the seller the option to choose to accept his "delayed" "I'll take it" offer or entertain others. It was big of you to accept, but after you did... you really had no other option but to wait the week. Lesson learned(?)

Too many "boys" these days that were never taught how to be men, IMHO.

Last Edited:
Rule #1
First guy with cash IS the buyer. No holds.
I would never expect a seller to hold an item for sale, because it's for SALE.
In my case, I think conditional holds are okay. For example if I'm out of town and not actually capable of meeting for another week or so, I might explain that situation to a seller and tell them I don't expect them to hold it for a week if someone else comes along weird cash sooner. It's a rare thing but I think it's generally been well-received. I've always been open to that as a seller as well. I guess a good feedback profile probably helps with that though. I could see a seller being more skeptical of a new user with 0 feedback asking for a hold.

.....either that or the OP "is" the sting trying to get people incriminating themselves saying, "Don't worry about it! I do it all the time!!" 🤣
For godsake... 🙄. Your take on this is ridiculous, however I do appreciate you taking the time to literally demonstrate the stereotype of a "gun nut" that the public loves to point at when guns are brought up. Now put your tinfoil hat back on, sit down and STFU.

+10000

Also extremely rare.
No, it's not. I at one time owned a gun store and customers asking to "make an arrangement" regarding the background check was not at all uncommon, especially if they had a conceal permit. They always seem to think that having said permit means they don't have to do a background check. I had many customers instantly turn around and walk out the second paperwork was brought out.

No, it's not. I at one time owned a gun store and customers asking to "make an arrangement" regarding the background check was not at all uncommon, especially if they had a conceal permit. They always seem to think that having said permit means they don't have to do a background check. I had many customers instantly turn around and walk out the second paperwork was brought out.
Where was this?

Sounds like Ponders corner behavior.

Xotter143:
"For godsake... 🙄. [remaining referenced post and expletive edited out since the mods deleted it]."

If you pose the question "does everyone have this happen to them... or is it just me?" and no one is reporting the same... it really may just be a you problem.

If you present yourself to potential buyers like you have in this thread... and exemplified in your above post... that would fall under my "jackholery" as a possible cause... and I certainly wouldn't do business with you either.

Just sayin.....

When all reasonable explanations fail, unreasonable explanations remain a possibility. Like... on LE's radar for "something" and running a sting to gain evidence. If you don't believe that's a viable tool for LE... how's the weather down there under your rock? 🤣

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class