JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
79 posts since 2014 is hardly a predictive sample size to cast generalized aspersions on members here, not to mention that many were for ammo/accessories that don't need an FFL.
Can't imagine a criminal would be in the market for a Sharpe's but, the ATF might ?:s0092:

Back alley deals….

IMG_2599.jpeg

I've been here over a decade too. Not super active but I have bought and sold throughout that time. In last three or four months I've been ghosted by buyers in two different transactions and once by a seller. Guess he got a better offer despite responding to my "I'll take it." And in this same time frame two different "potential" buyers inquired about purchase "without going to the FFL" of the firearm I listed...

I'm sure I encountered some issues in the bygone days of pre-Covid, but damn if I can remember them. Wish I knew if these were just a couple of blips or if this is the new normal of everything going on, online. Regardless, I understand the frustration shared by the OP.

Huh!! 4 positive feedbacks and you are condemning the whole community?? I've had over 220 transactions here, including buying and selling a number of guns, and not once have I been asked to break the law. I have been ghosted a few times, no more than half a dozen in over ten years. Only actual problem was a seller that demanded a BGC on a black powder pistol AFTER I had sent him the money. He refunded it and that was that.
Simply put, your experience has not been anywhere near my experience. It would be interesting to hear from some of the big-time sellers here.

I have sold a few things in this group, but I have to say that the number of successful transactions compared to the amount of time I have spent being strung along then ghosted by tire kicking asshats is staggering. Worse yet, about a solid 3/4 of the people who contact me interested in buying a firearm that I am selling always try some coy way of suggesting that we just meet some place and exchange gun for cash. I constantly get the "Hey, I'm a good guy, no need for a background check, everything is cool." kind of message and I am tired of it. Or worse yet, they contact me and are interested in buying something and when I suggest we meet at the FFL of their choice, I get ghosted.

Seriously, gun people need to quit spouting about how they are all about "law and order"... because it seems a huge number of you out there want to just buy a gun under the table.... but it's apparently okay, because you're "not a criminal".

Thankfully I am just about out of guns that I am looking to sell so once the Ruger 10/22 is gone I won't have to deal with it anymore. So exhausting.
Whaaa.. sell your stuff and move along.

They might also be members of the alcohol and tobacco communities.
Ha, that was my initial thought.
It's strange you are asked to break the rules so often. I have bought and sold for 10 years here on NWFA and only once did some idiot try some stupid stuff. I do get plenty of flakes and morons commenting on my posts or ghosting. Once I'm ghosted I block that member from messaging me again.
I've been buying and selling some here over the last few years and like Battery, I've have had very little issue. One guy flaked on a red dot sale and that was about it. When buying or selling a gun the question was always "what FFL can we meet at". If the question was ever "can we skip the FFL" my follow up would be "hell no! Are you ATF or a criminal?", but that has yet to happen.

I still have a stack of bills of sale from before the mandatory BGCs. Those were the days. Since then I only had to walk away once from a sale, we met at a FFL and the guy tried to change the price on gun. What a waste of time.

Is this where I say that if I have a gun and a friend wants to buy it that we circumvent the FFL because it's a bullshìt law?

Because I would never, ever do that.

P

Since you have to go through a dealer anyway to sell a gun, l found it easier to sell them on consignment, its only 15% and usually they get more for it than l can on this forum which covers their cut. For non ffl items, l have had good success on this forum.

Gotta love how people just assume you are at fault
You must be selling hi points! Ha!
That and telling you to deal with it lol
Who cares if you are. It's ridiculous for idiots to assume youd sell without a background check.
I have ran into people asking for stuff under the table. But not too many times so it's easy for me to decline nicely.
But if I were asked all the time id be annoyed and rant too.

I know many of you don't trust polls but I believe these numbers are not far off from the truth. This thread reinforces that belief.

88 percent in new poll support background checks on all gun sales.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top