JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I have sold a few things in this group, but I have to say that the number of successful transactions compared to the amount of time I have spent being strung along then ghosted by tire kicking asshats is staggering. Worse yet, about a solid 3/4 of the people who contact me interested in buying a firearm that I am selling always try some coy way of suggesting that we just meet some place and exchange gun for cash. I constantly get the "Hey, I'm a good guy, no need for a background check, everything is cool." kind of message and I am tired of it. Or worse yet, they contact me and are interested in buying something and when I suggest we meet at the FFL of their choice, I get ghosted.

Seriously, gun people need to quit spouting about how they are all about "law and order"... because it seems a huge number of you out there want to just buy a gun under the table.... but it's apparently okay, because you're "not a criminal".

Thankfully I am just about out of guns that I am looking to sell so once the Ruger 10/22 is gone I won't have to deal with it anymore. So exhausting.

Seriously, gun people need to quit spouting about how they are all about "law and order"... because it seems a huge number of you out there want to just buy a gun under the table.... but it's apparently okay, because you're "not a criminal".
why assume the ones trying to buy under the table are regulars in the gun community?

why assume the ones trying to buy under the table are regulars in the gun community?
Because I have been around the "gun community" my whole life and have seen this kind of good'o boy behavior for decades. I have never seen a group of people so consistently have the "those rules are for other people" attitude. It's staggering.

Because I have been around the "gun community" my whole life and have seen this kind of good'o boy behavior for decades. I have never seen a group of people so consistently have the "those rules are for other people" attitude. It's staggering.
Lots of people in the gun community dont want a registered gun, for themselves or for anyone.

I was just saying that its also possible that many people might not be able to buy a gun, that still want one. Either way, its no sweat off the buyer to ask, the legal burden is on the seller to get the BGC done.

They might also be members of the alcohol and tobacco communities.

I'll give you 40 bucks cash for that 10/22. Meet me behind the dumpster at 82nd and main at 3am Thursday.

:)

Bruce

Lots of people in the gun community dont want a registered gun, for themselves or for anyone.

I was just saying that its also possible that many people might not be able to buy a gun, that still want one. Either way, its no sweat off the buyer to ask, the legal burden is on the seller to get the BGC done.
You must be joking...

If you don't want to register a gun, then may I suggest you start collecting slingshots.

If you can't legally own a gun, then there is probably a very good reason for that, so go kick rocks. Asking a seller to circumvent the law is not only against the law, it SHOULD be practically a hanging offense among gun enthusiasts. That kind of thing makes us ALL look like criminals, especially when it is excused by people like yourself who are dismissive about someone trying to purchase a weapon who likely can't legally own one.

I'll give you 40 bucks cash for that 10/22. Meet me behind the dumpster at 82nd and main at 3am Thursday.

:)

Bruce
That is not far off from the kind of messages I have gotten, from this group and others.

It's strange you are asked to break the rules so often. I have bought and sold for 10 years here on NWFA and only once did some idiot try some stupid stuff. I do get plenty of flakes and morons commenting on my posts or ghosting. Once I'm ghosted I block that member from messaging me again.

Also i think it is a good idea to avoid dealing with brand new members with no sales ratings.

You must be joking...

If you don't want to register a gun, then may I suggest you start collecting slingshots.

If you can't legally own a gun, then there is probably a very good reason for that, so go kick rocks. Asking a seller to circumvent the law is not only against the law, it SHOULD be practically a hanging offense among gun enthusiasts. That kind of thing makes us ALL look like criminals, especially when it is excused by people like yourself who are dismissive about someone trying to purchase a weapon who likely can't legally own one.
to clarify I never once suggested to be dismissive about selling a gun to someone who cant or circumventing the law.

I merely pointed out that many people do not support registration schemes. And that many other people might be asking you because the cant otherwise buy.

and no, its not against the law to ask the seller anything or to buy a gun without a check. Its against the law to sell a gun without a check. Thats not suggesting anything. Certainly make them all get a background check.

Been on this forum for well over a decade and have nearly 100 in feedback score of various buy/sell/trades and haven't ever, not even once, been pressured to break any laws so I find this condemnation of the community rather strange and even difficult to believe. Sure there is odd tire kicker or someone who ghosts mid-discussion, but even then, there is far less of that than you'd encounter trying to sell a car on CL or some such thing.

to clarify I never once suggested to be dismissive about selling a gun to someone who cant or circumventing the law.

I merely pointed out that many people do not support registration schemes. And that many other people might be asking you because the cant otherwise buy.

and no, its not against the law to ask the seller anything or to buy a gun without a check. Its against the law to sell a gun without a check. Thats not suggesting anything. Certainly make them all get a background check.
No law against publicly calling out ghosting scumbags either.

What's the harm in asking? When dealing with me, an FFL is going to be involved in either direction. I don't want to buy a hot gun and I want there to be a paper trail that I sold a clean one of my own so my name isn't attached any more. It's just me covering my own butt, however I know there are some people in this forum who openly state that they never followed that BGC law in the first place. I suppose if you know the risks and find them acceptable, more power to you.

Don't we constantly say no laws keep guns out of criminal's hands anyway? So why the fuss? Just politely decline and move on.

OP's experience is drastically different than mine. Are you selling $75 Bryco's and including a free pair of disposable gloves? That might explain the crowd you've encountered.

And a hanging offense for anyone who dares question the government? Wow.

Something sounds kind of off with this. What exactly are you selling that is bringing in this kind of dark element? Maybe it's the area you are in. Or maybe the type of weapons you are offering for sale.

This is not something that we normally see around these parts.

It's strange you are asked to break the rules so often. I have bought and sold for 10 years here on NWFA and only once did some idiot try some stupid stuff. I do get plenty of flakes and morons commenting on my posts or ghosting. Once I'm ghosted I block that member from messaging me again.

Also i think it is a good idea to avoid dealing with brand new members with no sales ratings.
How do people get good ratings if no one is willing to give them a chance though?

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top