JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What centerfire did you acquire? Did you end up modding the trigger?
I have a G3X that kind of feels the same. Not the best but I have no complaints yet and havent done any modifications too. Its a real good gun for me to practice . The grip feels close to the Glock 19 with an extended magazine nut thats about it. I also bought a GX4 micro. I actually like that gun in some ways to fire but not really for a long duration. Its amazing for a small gun can that has 9mm with 11 round mag stock. If I use the extend 13 magazine it almost feels like a compact. I was able to put alot of round on it at one time. Some how great to shoot. but its more like a concealed type of gun due to its size.

Thank you for the follow-up. I end up getting another 2 more 16 round magazine and I filed this rebate. last week. This should help out in saving some time. The 22LR goes really fast in the range.

View attachment 1754021
I've had a bunch over the years. I had several of the old Millennium Pros, the .45 was awesome, great capacity for size. I've had the G2 and G3 guns, few others. The GX4 is pretty fantastic, that one does not have the same issue I talked about with the trigger's breaking point. Honestly, I'd put the GX4 on par with the Sig and above the Springfield Hellcat

As for modding the triggers, I never did. They're fine, just an adjustment from the stuff I usually shoot

I may need to shoot the G3X continuously. Its a good gun for its class and caliber. There are times it feels the the old school 12 volt "Makita Drill".
I just remember. I'm suppose to take the CHL tomorrow. How long is that class?

I may need to shoot the G3X continuously. Its a good gun for its class and caliber. There are times it feels the the old school 12 volt "Makita Drill".
I just remember. I'm suppose to take the CHL tomorrow. How long is that class?
I hear you. Honestly, I feel like we're pretty fortunate these days. When I was a kid, the discount row at the gun shop didn't give you the near 100% success rate we get now. Even the cheap guns these days are worthwhile firearms, god bless CNC
All the ones I've been to have been 3 hours or less. Generally interesting enough to feel pretty quick

I bought a Sig long time ago. As far as I remember it was a 225 or 226 and I paid $410 back in 1987. I probably fired it once or twice and I sold it. It was a great but I wasn't really involve in shooting.
I just bought one again. Not even too long ago like 2019 just for protection and home defense. From 1 it rapidly multiplied by itself.
Yes the CNC is a giant leap especially the machines and the new cad cam software. The owner of the job where I wok does all his own parts. From guitars to guns to his sports car, Amazing what he did to his Astron Martin. He re-design the front suspension.
BTW: Where are good indoor range for pistols and small rifles. I been to Threat dynamics in Sherwood. Great place! I wanna try others too. I live around yamhill county,

I really liked the P225, but it was huge for a single stack. That's a problem I've always had with the 226/228/229, I've got fairly small hands for a dude and they're just too big. Certainly huge for caliber in the 9mm

Honestly, the GX4 is very much like the Sig P365 series, I didn't find them to be lacking anything. Heck, the magazine price is the biggest difference, and that heavily favors the Taurus offering.

As for places to shoot, I only know the spots in Salem, and Albany. I believe there's supposed to be a couple good ranges around you, somebody here should be able to point you that way. I've heard a lot of praise for Threat Dynamics. If I'm not mistaken, I think they're a sponsor here

I really liked the P225, but it was huge for a single stack. That's a problem I've always had with the 226/228/229, I've got fairly small hands for a dude and they're just too big. Certainly huge for caliber in the 9mm

Honestly, the GX4 is very much like the Sig P365 series, I didn't find them to be lacking anything. Heck, the magazine price is the biggest difference, and that heavily favors the Taurus offering.

As for places to shoot, I only know the spots in Salem, and Albany. I believe there's supposed to be a couple good ranges around you, somebody here should be able to point you that way. I've heard a lot of praise for Threat Dynamics. If I'm not mistaken, I think they're a sponsor here
I'm not sure if I'm gonna just get a membership close by. Its like $150 initial + $50 a month (600 a year) till I wait to be called at Tri-Country membership club.

By the way I finally got my extra 22LR magazines. I end up getting the same TX22 to save time when going to the range. I also got an AR15-22 22LR magazines for the rifle. Glad I got that out of the way.

I bought magazines from this company. I got the original ones, prices are really good, the shipping is all flat rate fair price and I always get mine after 3 days from Florida to Oregon. Great customer service.

Greg Cote LLC
Phone Hours:
Monday-Friday 9:00AM-6:00PM Eastern Time
Saturday 9:00AM-12:00PM Eastern Time
Phone 443-321-4676
Phone 904-525-8821
Fax 443-321-4665
GregCoteLLC.com

I have experience with exactly 4 Taurus handguns and still own one. That one's a TCP and it's been an OK gun since I fixed it when new. It had a burr on the chamber entrance and I smoothed it out. One other TCP passed thru my hands. I bought it used and it worked just fine.
I bought one of the 8 shot 22LR revolvers and it worked fine. I passed it along to my nephew and then he had a problem with it. Apparently he'd shot a metric ton of bulk ammo thru it and didn't clean it. Once it was clean, it returned to running just fine. In fact, with use the trigger pull got a lot better than the gritty action had when new.
That last listed, and actually my first experience with a Taurus was a Model 65 (I believe) blued 357 6" a friend bought brand new in the mid to late 80's. It rivaled, and may actually have been better than the S&W revolvers available at that time. It's finished extremely well and has very good double and single action trigger pulls. It even shrugged off the "way past maximum" loads my friend accidentally loaded back when he was using the Lee Dipper method of powder measure.
He still has it.

I'd not be "afraid" of buying a Taurus, but they don't have much that interests me anymore.

I recently bought the PT 845 that was languishing on the classifieds here. I took it home, took it apart, cleaned and lubed it. Changed the backstrap to the one I liked and then shot 50 rounds of 230gr JHP's without any problems. I found it a very comfortable shooter and easy to bounce the soup can around the gravel pile accurate. So my one and only Taurus experience I can say is a positive one and now it lives in a tool box drawer as a shop gun.

I recently bought the PT 845 that was languishing on the classifieds here. I took it home, took it apart, cleaned and lubed it. Changed the backstrap to the one I liked and then shot 50 rounds of 230gr JHP's without any problems. I found it a very comfortable shooter and easy to bounce the soup can around the gravel pile accurate. So my one and only Taurus experience I can say is a positive one and now it lives in a tool box drawer as a shop gun.
You meant to say locked up in an approved by the state of oregon container, LOL!

I bought a 856 UL about 3-4 months ago and it was actually pretty awesome especially for the price. I shot maybe 500 rounds through it without any issue at all. I ended up trading it along with a bubblegum ton of ammo for a Ruger AR 556 but I may end up getting another in 357. It was a great carry gun - super small and lightweight.

I shot mine again yesterday. 50 rounds again with no problems. Honestly I do consider it trading stock because I have 3 1911's I like better. Until the right deal comes along I'll just keep shooting it when I feel like it.

I'm very happy with the only 2 Taurus pistols I have purchased, the TX22 Competition and 856 revolver, 3 inch barrel, in .38 Special +P. No problems with either one. I always take the TX22 with me to the range, regardless of other calibers I take along. Unfortunately, I am limited to 10 round magazines which sucks.

No complaints here.. :s0004:

1700345096265.jpeg

1700345175016.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR