JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I agree. Reaching out and contacting the buyer by phone call or text goes a long way toward qualifying the buyer and solidifying the sale. Both parties are more likely to feel comfortable if they have communicated several times.
I only do phone calls; this results in mostly one and done transactions. Sack up and talk like a man, quit hiding behind a text when you want to trade a stack of pallets behind Wal-Mart for some ammo.

Classifieds are a bit of a tough sale IMO... I just looked through and found a gun I would like to have.

1. Guy wants a dollar more than full retail at sportsman's

2. Split ffl so say $12.50

3. It's an hour away so round trip fuel is $28.00

Not sure what I am getting for an extra $41.50

Last Edited:
100% back door deals. :rolleyes:

3982682B-A725-4BD2-9549-7A946E03D57A.jpeg

To clarify my comment of using the feed back and reporting system....

Asking questions...even obvious ones or ones that you might consider annoying...is not a reason to report or give negative feedback.
Neither is "tire-kicking"....
Even a 'I'll take it / I'll buy it"...and then no further contact...may not be report or feedback worthy.

Not showing up after agreeing to a transaction , as well as making a time and place...yep feedback worthy.
Asking to break laws....again report worthy.
Andy

I only do phone calls; this results in mostly one and done transactions. Sack up and talk like a man, quit hiding behind a text when you want to trade a stack of pallets behind Wal-Mart for some ammo.
I'm the opposite. I hate phones, rarely use one and don't like giving out my number. I don't like being at the beck and call of a ring tone, I don't go around with it glued to me, dialing in and going through the voicemail menu prompts is annoying, and folks invariably seem to, in my mind, abuse the whole texting thing. IE., If we agreed on a place and time, I really don't need to know and like having to respond to, "are we still good to meet?", "I'll be leaving in 10min", "I'm 5min out", "I'm here now", "what color and type of truck is yours again?" "I see you... I'll be right over" etc.🤣

Of course, I also use one of those prepaid jobs where I pay by the minute and for each text. So there's always that resentment if I have to blow off the cost of 10-15 texts (incoming and outgoing) because a person likes to over share... or... spend 20min listening to a person jabber about this and that about their day/life when it really only requires a couple minutes to hash a deal. I understand they are trying to be cordial, but let's be real. I don't know you and we'll probably never cross paths again, so...

One advantage.... my "cell phone bill" works out to about $2.25 a month over the years.:D

One of the biggest turn off's for me in a deal is when the sellers first response to any questions is, "here's my number, give me a call and I'll be happy to talk to you about it".

Moving on.... Next!!:s0155:

So I would say.. "sack up and act like a man". It's not necessary to spend quality "girl time" bonding on the phone to do a deal. If you agree to a time and place, plan ahead with the details you'll need and simply show up at the time and place ready to do business.

I also don't particularly like the "call me so we can talk about that item" messages. I work more than full time and have a family to raise. It is much more efficient to simply send me questions in writing so that I can read and reply to them as I get time. I've also had multiple "call me" conversations turn into story time followed by a lowball.

I also don't particularly like the "call me so we can talk about that item" messages. I work more than full time and have a family to raise. It is much more efficient to simply send me questions in writing so that I can read and reply to them as I get time. I've also had multiple "call me" conversations turn into story time followed by a lowball.
While this can be annoying, it is part of the game. Some folks on here don't do much other than buy and sell. Or horde. I don't truly know honestly. I try not to judge. However there are definitely some that, in my opinion, like to horse trade within this hobby more than hunt/shoot/etc.

One advantage.... my "cell phone bill" works out to about $2.25 a month over the years.:D
HOW??? Man, I thought I was doing it on the cheap. I use Tracfone and it costs me over $5 per month by buying a $5 "1,000 text" card online, then grabbing a year's service for $59.99 when they ask if I'd like to add that to the cart. I've got thousands of minutes and texts available, and more data than I'll likely ever use that carries over. Seems you have to actually turn on the phone to deplete those resources. :D

BTW, you don't need to worry about listening to messages if you don't set up your voice mail system. :s0140: Ask me how I know.

While this can be annoying, it is part of the game. Some folks on here don't do much other than buy and sell. Or horde. I don't truly know honestly. I try not to judge. However there are definitely some that, in my opinion, like to horse trade within this hobby more than hunt/shoot/etc.
Nothing wrong with trying to make a buck but I prefer not to deal with Gun Flippers.

I'm the opposite. I hate phones, rarely use one and don't like giving out my number. I don't like being at the beck and call of a ring tone, I don't go around with it glued to me, dialing in and going through the voicemail menu prompts is annoying, and folks invariably seem to, in my mind, abuse the whole texting thing. IE., If we agreed on a place and time, I really don't need to know and like having to respond to, "are we still good to meet?", "I'll be leaving in 10min", "I'm 5min out", "I'm here now", "what color and type of truck is yours again?" "I see you... I'll be right over" etc.🤣

Of course, I also use one of those prepaid jobs where I pay by the minute and for each text. So there's always that resentment if I have to blow off the cost of 10-15 texts (incoming and outgoing) because a person likes to over share... or... spend 20min listening to a person jabber about this and that about their day/life when it really only requires a couple minutes to hash a deal. I understand they are trying to be cordial, but let's be real. I don't know you and we'll probably never cross paths again, so...

One of the biggest turn off's for me in a deal is when the sellers first response to any questions is, "here's my number, give me a call and I'll be happy to talk to you about it".

Moving on.... Next!!:s0155:

So I would say.. "sack up and act like a man". It's not necessary to spend quality "girl time" bonding on the phone to do a deal. If you agree to a time and place, plan ahead with the details you'll need and simply show up at the time and place ready to do business.
Totally agree. I don't give out my phone number. Also I don't want to spend an hour on the phone if it's unnecessary. If it's "call or no deal" I would chose no deal probably 100% of the time. Personal preference.

Totally agree. I don't give out my phone number. Also I don't want to spend an hour on the phone if it's unnecessary. If it's "call or no deal" I would chose no deal probably 100% of the time. Personal preference.
The phone call is very rarely, if ever to your advantage as a seller.

Some people are time millionaires. Like the guys who will explain their reloads in painstaking detail when you have one (1) hour after work to do a little shooting. I started shipping for sale items whenever possible. I'll eat the shipping charges rather than burn up hours of precious time. I truly enjoy many of the stories, but while people are talking my work is piling up.

Slutty indeed....

In other news....it's fishing season.
I'm reading that trolling is becoming an increasingly popular form of fishing.
Especially so with some newer fisherman.

Question for the day....

Will a 10/22 with a 20 round mag be considered an assault weapon?

Most informative answer will earn the respondent a sexy training bra and a delightfully invasive thong.....the perfect outfit for the summertime purchase of weapons behind the dumpster.

Last Edited:
Slutty indeed....

In other news....it's fishing season.
I'm reading that trolling is becoming an increasingly popular form of fishing.
Especially so with some of the newer fisherman.

Question for the day....

Will a 10/22 with a 20 round mag be considered an assault weapon?

Most informative answer will earn the respondent a sexy training bra and an delightfully invasive thong.
In Washington, yes.

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class