JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For the price of three Taurus firearms, you could have purchased two decent ones
I'm not really a highly experienced gun owner or enthusiast. (if that's the correct word). My main interest is in high fidelity. I just bought these for self defense and stopping the threat. Nothing political but I been in the states for a very long time and the only time and things happening around today was like 40 years ago when I use to live in a third world country. If it wasn't like it, I wouldn't even bought any and happy to keep my shotgun that I had for decades..

Last Edited:
Tried looking around but does anyone know if the 917c reboot accepts M9 mags? I know the classic PT92 won't work. They'd be wise to make this change.

I know the Turkish Girsan Regard works with them but has some issues until you swap a part to make it fully compatible with beretta mags.

I'm in the camp where I'd rather spend a few hundred more to get something made in a first world country. 500 for a Taurus or 800 for a Smith, I'm going Smith every time. However, that's because I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford that difference. For now.

I don't have a huge amount of revolvers experience, but enough to say that there is a difference in manufacturers and in my opinion, it's enough of a difference to make a difference.

That said, my understanding is that Taurus makes guns that go bang every time and sometimes that's the most important thing so if they make something that makes yer boat float, I'd say anchors aweigh
Higher end taurus revolvers are in a different league than their cheaper revolvers. I refuse to buy a new S&W, hillary hole is useless.

If this is a cowboy load out, I've never owned a Taurus so have no opinion there. That said cowboys carried single action revolvers so I'd look to a Ruger Bisley. The Bisley grip will tame the heavy magnum recoil if you chose to shoot that level of loads and is more comfortable over all any way.
Why I didn't see this till now…IDK?
Guess I'm figuring a super generic term "cowboy"…. Really just revolver. With matching pistol cartridge.
Thank you though…. A Ruger is on my list too. I'm watching the thread. Looks like the semi autos are doing well for Taurus too.

Modern "urban cowboy"…..? I'm old enough to have seen that movie and I admire his dream but I'm not going down that rabbit hole.

I'm in general not a fan of the classic frame or grip profile. There's something about a thicker barrel profile and larger grips (rubberized) that are preferable. Why not just go with the new age and have a rail part of the frame ? Or ported barrel ?

The raging hunter has my eye…. I liked the tracker a long time ago. Or a thick SW 686.

I think aesthetics (edit thx) are gonna play for me as much as anything else. Audacious… geez I own a laser engraved HiPoint.

Last Edited:
Taurus is for people too lazy to bother pulling the trigger:

Kidding!
Sure wouldn't be good for a side arm while riding a horse or dirtbike!
I'm not sure it this would be an exception to the rule...:s0004:

1700408799983.png

The raging hunter has my eye…. I liked the tracker a long time ago. Or a thick SW 686.

I think cosmetics are gonna play for me as much as anything else. Audacious… geez I own a laser engraved HiPoint.
Taurus made a 5 shot Tracker in 41 Mag years ago. I tried to talk a friend out of his, but he wouldn't part with it.
cosmetics, of as I call it, aesthetics, play a big part in many of my firearm purchases.
I have a 686 instead of a Ruger GP100. I just like the looks of it better than the Ruger.

Taurus made a 5 shot Tracker in 41 Mag years ago. I tried to talk a friend out of his, but he wouldn't part with it.
cosmetics, of as I call it, aesthetics, play a big part in many of my firearm purchases.
I have a 686 instead of a Ruger GP100. I just like the looks of it better than the Ruger.
See the GP is comparable to SWs bigger frames…. This I like. I'm lucky if I find an XL glove that fits… I'm looking for XXL mostly.

I like the GP barrel profile for sure

If I was bigger cartridge and decided to dedicate funds… I think the X frames are the biggest ones.

The X-Frame is almost comparable to nothing! The grip isn't huge, but the gun is.
The GP and the L-frame (586-686-69) are very similar in size.
The L-frame and the K-frame share grip frames, or at least shape as the grips fit both models, but there is a fair amount of weight added to the L.

The X-Frame is almost comparable to nothing! The grip isn't huge, but the gun is.
The GP and the L-frame (586-686-69) are very similar in size.
The L-frame and the K-frame share grip frames, or at least shape as the grips fit both models, but there is a fair amount of weight added to the L.
See that's why I need y'all!

I have a single shot RIA 12 gauge shotgun. I call it "The Blower." That feels like either a worn out or competition trigger. I never fired it again. :s0040:

Received and installed. For those who aren't aware, these are definitely 3D printed, but quality appears quite solid. Time will tell how they hold up, but based on what I'm seeing I have no concerns about their longevity.
Let us know if there are any changes along the way. I saw a glock magazine on picture bulging afterwards. But those are less tensions vs a 9mm.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top