JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I take my grandson shooting every weekend I can from march until.we can't get back.in the woods because of snow.
I always pick up a few buckets of pld shotgun hulls and steel rifle & pistol case and any brass cases that people left on the ground.

20180708_202316.jpg 20180826_171920.jpg

My coworker's S&W .44 Magnum.
View attachment 563939

My HK USP .45, few minute before it went "kaboom"(2015).
View attachment 563940
I like your back stop. I aways wanted a 629, i have two of the 44 magnum Redhawks a old model and a super redhawk.
I did pick up an older stainless Rossi 720 in 44spl, 4" to occasionally carry. Haven't shot it yet. Maybe this weekend.

Some day I will get a 629n just other stuff comes up and then i spend to much on the reloading stuff.

20180722_190806.jpg 20180915_175937.jpg

Bushmaster MOE 308 w/Burris AR536
#nwf.jpg
I like your back stop.
It'll do the job. lol
I aways wanted a 629, i have two of the 44 magnum Redhawks a old model and a super redhawk.
I did pick up an older stainless Rossi 720 in 44spl, 4" to occasionally carry. Haven't shot it yet. Maybe this weekend.

Some day I will get a 629n just other stuff comes up and then i spend to much on the reloading stuff.
Probably because I rarely get to shoot revolvers, I have hard time getting used to the triggers. I always thought they were cool pistols though. I hope to buy a .357 for plinking someday. Big fan of S&W's.

I am a revolver guy, must have 30 or so. Mostly S&W and Ruger.
I have five Redhawks, my grandsons favorite revolver is a S&W. Mine is my 6" stainless Ruger GP100.
I need to load up some 9mm, he is getting into the semi autos and I have a Glock.17 that i bought a couple of years ago for a Galco shoulder holster I bought off a guy on the Hunting Washington forum.
I bought the holster, then the gun.
He can shoot just as good as most of tje adults i take shooting. I'd bet him against most people at a dollar a shot. A couple guys that go shooting with us will not bet.

We went to the WaGuns New Years Day shoot down by Olympia and he got to shoot a cheap Keltec p32 and liked it. One of these days i see one and have a couple hundred bucks i will pick one up for him. I will be picking up a set of dies, brass and bullets for 32 auto then the gun.
He is shooting 410 shotgun, I am going to let him try a 20 gauge here shortly.
I bought him one for his birthday in June. I have four or five 20 gauge shotguns and a 20 gauge side x side.
It's all fun.

Mason holding the 10" Ruger Mark 11.
This is an average amount of guns we take out every trip/every weekend.
20180616_113113.jpg

I am a revolver guy, must have 30 or so. Mostly S&W and Ruger.
I have five Redhawks, my grandsons favorite revolver is a S&W. Mine is my 6" stainless Ruger GP100.
I need to load up some 9mm, he is getting into the semi autos and I have a Glock.17 that i bought a couple of years ago for a Galco shoulder holster I bought off a guy on the Hunting Washington forum.
I bought the holster, then the gun.
He can shoot just as good as most of tje adults i take shooting. I'd bet him against most people at a dollar a shot. A couple guys that go shooting with us will not bet.

We went to the WaGuns New Years Day shoot down by Olympia and he got to shoot a cheap Keltec p32 and liked it. One of these days i see one and have a couple hundred bucks i will pick one up for him. I will be picking up a set of dies, brass and bullets for 32 auto then the gun.
He is shooting 410 shotgun, I am going to let him try a 20 gauge here shortly.
I bought him one for his birthday in June. I have four or five 20 gauge shotguns and a 20 gauge side x side.
It's all fun.

Mason holding the 10" Ruger Mark 11.
This is an average amount of guns we take out every trip/every weekend.
View attachment 564024
Nice trigger finger good job

We went out today. We left right about noon and got back after 6pm. We had a great time out there.
20190330_144353.jpg

Mason was shooting coke cans with the 44 magnum Blackhawk loaded with 44spl ammo. It does a job on the cans.
20190330_145000.jpg

We picked up some shotgun hulls for a little while. I need to throw them away next trash run over to the trsnsfer station.
20190330_175229.jpg

He did good on his targetn we shot clay pigeons with the 22s they missed and landed on the gravel bank. We tool turns shooting to see who would hit the most of them

20190330_171426.jpg

Did a little shooting yesterday since it was a perfect day over here on the east side. Didn't take a lot of pictures but this is the one that definitely seemed worth posting.

XvYSDxOjQiCJ1XavXKH1Zg.jpg

Was challenged to a little game by my buddies just we were getting ready to pack up. How many rounds would it take to get a hit on all four of our long range targets? I decided to make it a little more difficult by only dialing for the first target, then holding over using the reticle for the next three. Got it done in 9 rounds.

#1 was a hit at 460 yards dialed to 7.25 MOA
#2 was a miss at 600 hold over another 5 MOA
#3 was a hit at 600
#4 was a miss at 760 hold over at 9 MOA
#5 was a hit at 760
#6,7,8 miss at 1000 hold over at 21.5 MOA
#9 was a hit at 1000

There wasn't a lot of wind but it was kind of variable in both direction and speed. As has been said a few times here.... reading wind is what separates the men from the boys. :)

I never shot long distance shots. Where we shoot you can posibly get a 100 yards or so. One of the pits you might get close to 200 yards, but there is always someone already set up there.
When some one else is set up i look for another place to shoot. .
I like to keep it intetesting for my grandson.

What caliber are you useing for that distance?

Highland,

I envy you.

My 2 Granddaughters are now grown and have moved away.

For years, I used to take them kayaking, fishing, shooting, hiking and all things outdoors and having them at the house for days. Their parents, my daughter and sil, didn't do any of this with them. They were both working. My wife and I, both of us retired with all the time in the world to pay attention to them. They both turned out to be excellent shots btw...and intrepid outdoor kids.

I sure miss them.

Enjoy your little guy as I know you do.

He'll be grown before you know it...

I'm sure he has the bug for life. Early last year whileout shooting there was a lot of brass someone left on the ground. If there is a lot of brass to pick up I use knee pads. We picked up about ten or so pounds of brass and mason saidn
(Uncle Jim and Uncle Tim don't knowhow much fun they are missing out on)

He have his favorite carry revolver. He loves shooting centerfire handguns. He helpsout some on the reloading. He loads what ever gun he shoots except the Glock17. I still want to rack it for him until he gets a little bigger.

At the WAGUNS.org New years Day Shoot he shot a 223/5.56 AR15 off hand hand was hitting the metal targets at fifty yards. He does good with my SKS.
It's all fun, he watches a lot of youtube and got to know a lot about different makes & models of guns. At the gun shows we'll walk by a table and he'll say (Look at that Desert Eagle) and other guns I don't have in my collection.

His favorite 22lr pistol is my stainless heavy taper Ruger Mark11.

I buy golf ballsat JC's Pawn shop up in Mount Vernon, three for a $1. For the handguns I'll set them out about 35 to 40 feet from our shooting table. He gets teal close orhits them. When ypou hit them they go flying.

For the 22 rifle I set them out about 75 feet or more.

Some times I'll buy a twelve pack of the Safeway brand sodas. I will put three on ice to drink and let him shoot the rest. We shake them up until it retains a lot of preasure. The Marlin 17HMR just blows them apart. We saveall of our aluminum soda & beer cans for him to take to the Quil Ceda Recycle place. He gets a quarter a pound to save up for his oun gun money.
So we pick up any aluminum stuff at the pits to recycle. It all adds up. He has about $140 saved up.

Tell Mason about Capital Cartridge's "Cash for Brass" program. Look 'em up at Sell Used Brass Casings With Our Cash for Brass Program

Paying $1.40/lb right now, and they'll even give you a pre-paid Priority Mail label (they'll deduct the price of shipping from your check).
I just sent off two boxes of 40 lbs. each just this morning. Gonna get about $80 back. The way Mason appears to go after brass, he'll be rackin' up his own gun money pretty darned quicklike...

I never shot long distance shots. Where we shoot you can posibly get a 100 yards or so. One of the pits you might get close to 200 yards, but there is always someone already set up there.
When some one else is set up i look for another place to shoot. .
I like to keep it intetesting for my grandson.

What caliber are you useing for that distance?

The gun pictured is a 308. Used it a little yesterday but mostly used my 6.5 Creedmoor.

I bought a Remington 700 in 223 with a bull barrel and a Winchester model 70 in 22-250 with a bull barrel for Mason to shoot distance with. I haven't loaded for them yet. Now we can get up to the pits I will.get ammo loaded for them and see how he does at a 100 yards & more. When he gets more size to.hom.I will pick up.bigger calibers gor him to shoot.

Sobo.
We clean up all the brass we pick up and either use it, trade it or sell it as usable cases.
The amount of trash cases doesn't amount to that much. We have about a gallon of trash cases from.last year. The bras you sent in uou are getting $1 a pound after shipping. He is getting ninty cents a pound and whete we go is local. Any other brass I happen to pick up we take in as well. I have a bunch of brass water valves that I picked up for him to turn in to cash.

On one of the forums a guy was trying to sell.a 5 gallon bucket of range brass for $150. I don't thinkhe sold it.
Five gallons of brass should weigh rigjt about 50 pounds. I can buy 5 gallon buckets of range brass for $70. I haven't bought any to see what could be made seperating it and try to.resell it.

"Bite me! And the horse you frick'n rode in on!" :s0140::s0140::s0140: I love this woman!
"How much you payin' that kid to make that noise every time you shoot?" Priceless!

By God, yes! That absolutely works! She should take up USPSA matchplay. I'll wager she'd love it...

Thanks for the kind words.
If she were to compete at our local club matches, she'd be d.q ' ed. She has a habit of having the muzzle up when reloading. Our club rules don't allow this.
We have our own range at home and shooting with older, younger granddaughters, great grandson, son and wife it makes for fun Sundays

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads