JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In case someone didn't see the thread .
Darington pit .
Here is a few pictures from my day with @HighlandLofts .and his grandson.
And my group of lead slingers. 7286.jpeg 7292.jpeg 516628-f6f15a85346ef85ee90cfe29e6aa7d33.jpg 7200.jpeg 7211.jpeg IMG_20190406_124913.jpg 7179.jpeg 7177.jpeg

Just got done building a few more target stands.
Lol the last Ones got shot up pretty good.
2x4 are 3 bucks at Lowe's .
So shoot away my friend.
I will make more. MVIMG_20190417_173054.jpg MVIMG_20190417_173108.jpg

20190406_091006.jpg There wasn't much left to the ones from out last shoot. There really tore them up.

I have a charcoal grill i was going to bring on this next shoot. I also have charcoal.
We were going to get out Sunday but the rain was to heavy.

20190406_120127.jpg 20190406_090817.jpg

20190406_093609.jpg

A few more pictures from the 6th up in Darrington.

Saturday will.be fun.

E9B862C9-5A42-462A-9E8C-60552B8063CA.png
Here is my 9 year old boy burning up literally all of my 44mag! He's quickly become the local talk, as he rings steel almost every shot with whatever pistol he's holding. In the past couple weeks he's burned up more than $150 in 44 mag ammo alone and worth every penny!!!

Today was a long, full day. I left the house with my grandson Mason at 7.45 this morning to go get our spot at the Darrington Pit to shoot. Ed got there with hos Aunt a little after nine.
It was non stop shooting all day. Ed has several steel targets, some thing I have to invest in. We both brought a bunch of firearms, enough to support a small army, as well as ammunition. Between what we shot and what I picked up down in the lower pit that two other groups shot came in over twenty pounds of brass.
Between todays shoot and our shoot from two weeks ago it is over sixty pounds of brass.

Today while every one was shooting I did pit clean up.
20190420_183539.jpg
The white bag is aluminum cans for Mason to sell to the recycle yard.
Seven buckets of shotgun hulls.
The black plastic bag has plastic bottles and other garbage.
The small white bucket has brass in it.

I took some shooting pictures to share.
20190420_121849.jpg

20190420_131703.jpg

20190420_121916.jpg

The first group down in the lower pit shot some tanninite, we were set up close to a hundred years away in the upper pit. When that stuff went off a piece of shrapmil flew up and landed right between Ed, Mason, his Aunt and myself.
20190420_211832.jpg

I need to invest in a progressive press for the volume of ammunition that we are going through.
Our shooting took a whole new direction since i met Ed. I can't thank you enough Ed. Mason really looks up to you.

Next trip i will nring my M1 Garand and my M1 Carbine.

I need to set up.my M1 Carbine dies and pump out some ammo for it.
I could use some M1 Carbine brass if any one has any extra.
Ed and his Aunt packed up around 6pm. I stayed there with Mason until a little after 7.30. I alway stop at the Shell gas station so.Masoncan grab a ice cream for the trip home. We pulled in the drivway around 8.15, got the truck unloaded and then it was beer thirty.

Can't wait until next weekend.

Last Edited:
Today was a long, full day. I left the house with my grandson Mason at 7.45 this morning to go get our spot at the Darrington Pit to shoot. Ed got there with hos Aunt a little after nine.
It was non stop shooting all day. Ed has several steel targets, some thing I have to invest in. We both brought a bunch of firearms, enough to support a small army, as well as ammunition. Between what we shot and what I picked up down in the lower pit that two other groups shot came in over twenty pounds of brass.
Between todays shoot and our shoot from two weeks ago it is over sixty pounds of brass.

Today while every one was shooting I did pit clean up.
View attachment 572040
The white bag is aluminum cans for Mason to sell to the recycle yard.
Seven buckets of shotgun hulls.
The black plastic bag has plastic bottles and other garbage.
The small white bucket has brass in it.

I took some shooting pictures to share.
View attachment 572042

View attachment 572043

View attachment 572044

The first group down in the lower pit shot some tanninite, we were set up close to a hundred years away in the upper pit. When that stuff went off a piece of shrapmil flew up and landed right between Ed, Mason, his Aunt and myself.
View attachment 572045

I need to invest in a progressive press for the volume of ammunition that we are going through.
Our shooting took a whole new direction since i met Ed. I can't thank you enough Ed. Mason really looks up to you.

Next trip i will nring my M1 Garand and my M1 Carbine.

I need to set up.my M1 Carbine dies and pump out some ammo for it.
I could use some M1 Carbine brass if any one has any extra.

Can't wait until next weekend.
Yes it was a great day again.
The wind was bad for awhile .
But what ever .
I was so busy again i only have one picture of Mason Shooting the M1A1 .
I only took one picture all day . MVIMG_20190420_161108.jpg

I have done the best I could do to make Mason the best shot he could be, i'd like to get him some proper training. All the instructors I talked to won't take him on because he is so young. But he is at the age where he will learn bad habits if not done properly.

Anyone interested in teaching a young dog new tricks?

Ed Thank You for everything.

Yep like today when he was shooting this gun
And he just wanted to shoot at the Target 20 yards away.
Lol I let him take a few shots.
Then said that's a little bit to close.
Let's shoot at the clays down RANGE.
About 80 yards give or take.
After a few shots he figured the scope out and broke them all then started shooting the leftover pieces. IMG_20180818_135449.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top