JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMG_2081.jpeg

I know we can't have REAL guns like you guys can, but every now and then we come up with something that might be unusual, even for you...

upload_2019-3-4_19-14-44.png
upload_2019-3-4_19-16-23.png

It's a .50cal BMG Fortmeier, but in b/a. It blongs to David W, who is a member of the British Association of .50cal Shooters.

It also comes in .406 Cheytac, I think he said, for those for whom $21.70 a shot is a mite too much.

Nice, eh?

Did a little shooting today. Needed to try out my AR after some new bits and sight in the EOTech. This AR is not meant to have a bipod normally but made it nice for sighting in. Not a bad 8 round group at 50 yards.

Nice, calm day. Not as warm as it has been but very comfortable. Always a good day when you can burn some powder.

z2tK3PYfQnaTnvdzAxt5Pw.jpg tscHhT+kR0q8weVGp9Vaew.jpg

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm wondering why anyone would have an 8-9 pound trigger on anything, let alone a long range rig?????? Care to explain.
In my case, cheap at first, now laziness.
Built a rifle on a Rem 700. Barrel, chassis, glass - items procured over a year. Wanted to see how it shot before upgrading to a Jewel trigger.
Dialed in my loads to 74.3gr Retumbo under a 185gr 7mm projectile, pushing it 2950 fps. I could probably go faster, but I want my barrel to last more than 1K rounds and it's sub-MOA out to 500 yards using the original 700-X trigger.
It's a heavy pull and a long take-up drag to the breaking point. I am surprised by the bang every time.
I often think about replacing the trigger, and then don't.
To do so requires disassembly, installation, reassembly and torquing, safety testing and rechecking torques, and then final accuracy settings (sighting in again and tests).
The "surprised by the bang", to me, is good training reminder. Watching my heartbeat, controlling my breath, carefully pulling on the trigger, keeping a relaxed composure and maintain follow-through. Would a better trigger make the rifle nicer? Heck yes. Would it make the rifle more accurate or me a better marksman? Probably not.

Did a little shooting today. Needed to try out my AR after some new bits and sight in the EOTech. This AR is not meant to have a bipod normally but made it nice for sighting in. Not a bad 8 round group at 50 yards.

Nice, calm day. Not as warm as it has been but very comfortable. Always a good day when you can burn some powder.

How do you like the Thunderbeast suppressors?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top