JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep. The wind is what separates the men from the boys.

I'm still a boy. :D
I agree with you guys. The wind can be tricky. Ive shot out to 900 yards in the deschutes canyons. There, you dont have just the crosswinds to worry about. Theres updrafts to worry about as well. Shooting downhill also adds to the equation. A rangefinder with angle comp and a perfectly tracking scope lessens that headache, but then theres the wind. If im hunting there, i wont risk wounding an animal when the wind is swirling or gusting.
Lately, ive been playing with my creedmoor at 440 yards. That 6.5 bullet is slick and dang impressive at longer ranges. The SWFA SS 16x also tracks so well, it isnt even funny. I was actually surprised the other day while shooting in the wind. Still made good hits on the 4" plate at 440 yards. It was an eye opener for how well that cartridge performs.

1000 yards....wind...Why that's nothing...
Heck , just how did ya think the moon got all them holes...?
There I was....Shootin' my Hawken rifle...after I hit what I was aiming at..the roundball , passed clean through....traveled around the world , used the gravitational spin of earth to gain even more velocity...and shot off into space....when it hit the moon it was finally spent....:D

Just kidding...that's some good shooting in the above posts....
Andy

I know you're probably sick of me posting pics of my kid shooting, but this was from 17 yards with a 22/45. Made me damn proud!

20181224_111652.jpg 20181224_110138.jpg

The thing I like about the holidays is the range is virtually empty.
Had the pistol range to ourselves yesterday afternoon, then only two other shooters at the 100 yard.
Last one is showing my daughter how to load the 336.
Of all the pistols, she liked the Kimber CDP the most, the PPK 2nd and the R51 3rd.
We both sucked at pistols and agreed, many more trips to the range together are in order.

20181224_162145.jpg IMG_20181224_152005.jpg IMG_20181224_162045.jpg IMG_20181224_165624.jpg

Had the pistol range to ourselves yesterday afternoon, then only two other shooters at the 100 yard.
Of all the pistols, she liked the Kimber CDP the most, the PPK 2nd and the R51 3rd.
We both sucked at pistols and agreed, many more trips to the range together are in order.

View attachment 531390 View attachment 531391 View attachment 531392 View attachment 531393
Lol empty today .
But go next weekend and it will be full of people trying there new CHRISTMAS gifts

I know you're probably sick of me posting pics of my kid shooting, but this was from 17 yards with a 22/45. Made me damn proud!
Not sick of it at all! Great stuff getting the young'ns out shootin'!
But get him to lean in to it a little bit... :)

Took the boy out to shoot "his" speed steel build this morning.

I let him pick out the color of 22/45 he liked and let him pick the comp. Put the full volquartsen kit in it last night and threw a dot on it. Needless to say he was excited.

He kept all shots on the stump at 7 yards and i'm teaching him the range commands.

Hoping to get him to a steel match in February.

20190106_092205.jpg 20190106_091557.jpg

Decided to make sure my skill was up to snuff with my bolt since i use my gas 308 all the time...not bad..1moa groups ...going from a 2lb trigger to a damn near 8-9lb is weird ..and yes it says "when you squeeze me i make bad people go away" gotta have fun and be silly...cant be serious all the time :)
haha 18466-MMS-1521172805475-attachment1-20180311_200413.jpg

View attachment 531390 View attachment 531391 View attachment 531392 View attachment 531393

Is that the same range paul harrel goes to? it looks like one from his videos

Good time shooting yesterday with my dad and grandpa. It has been over 20 years since the three of us were together shooting.

My experience really shined through with how much I shoot compared to the average gun owner. I managed to sight in his Savage semiauto .17HMR in 4 shots at 50y. Got my dads Marlin model 60 zeroed in after 2 shots.

There was a dad and his son (6ish?) there and they were oooh and ahhh-ing over the suppressors on the 22's so I loaded some mags and said "go for it". They were thrilled and excited how quiet they were.

Even with Grandpa shoting my suppressed Ruger American rimfire he thought it was a squib. I had to assure him it was normal and he can keep shooting.

As it got dark I keep going to finish up some ammo. These are from the Ruger American Ranch 556 with a 16.125" barrel.

5.56 unsuppressed: factory
5F26C717-0DE5-45D2-BC01-334FB7E40161.png

5.56 suppressed: factory
33CC2700-D814-4BFC-8CE5-7CD2A9B65031.png

Handloads suppressed:
82F08F17-CE3F-468F-B102-AB5DC3C29B2F.png

Good times.

Decided to make sure my skill was up to snuff with my bolt since i use my gas 308 all the time...not bad..1moa groups ...going from a 2lb trigger to a damn near 8-9lb is weird ..and yes it says "when you squeeze me i make bad people go away" gotta have fun and be silly...cant be serious all the time :)
hahaView attachment 544392

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm wondering why anyone would have an 8-9 pound trigger on anything, let alone a long range rig?????? Care to explain.

Factory Remington 700 trigger that I've never replaced or adjusted...thing feels so damn heavy..but I've had years of trigger time on that rig and just got used to such a heavy pull ...
I use a hiperfire trigger in my lmt and it is obviously night and day difference..I'll probably end up replacing the 700 trigger now

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top