JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for a range somewhere near Portland. I live in outer N.E. and the folks I want to target shoot live in inner N.E. Portland, outer S.E. Portland, Independence and St Helens. In the past I was going to the English Pit in Vancouver but they raised the price to $23 a person and the facility is sub-par. I do have a Life Time membership at The Place to Shoot put I would need to buy their ammo. I looked at Douglas Ridge and Tri-county but the wait time for the background check is 9-18 months at Tri Co. Both are a bit spendy. The Clackamas County Public Range you still need to buy their ammo. I have yet to check out the Johnson Crk gun club but I will be doing that today.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Get on the wait-list for tri county. The first year your have to pay an application fee, which doubles your cost for the first year. After the first year, it's not bad.

OP, your options are limited to be sure. I've been a member of JCGC, DRRC, and TCGC.
Currently a member at ARPC. While it's a bit of a drive, I'm biased and prefer ARPC.

You'll need to sit down a compile a list of things that you are looking for in a club and then start comparing the various club's to narrow it down.

Some things to consider:

Location/distance
Initial cost/yearly dues
Wait time or lack there of
Amenities/activities
Hours of operation
Club/range rules (they're all very similar for the most part, but there are some differences that may or may not be deal breakers to you).

Given the limited info you've provided, I would suggest that you get on the waitlist for TCGC and apply at ARPC. Then just suck it up and make the drive down there gill you get your invite to join TCGC.

There are many members here in the forum that are also members of the club's I mentioned above and then some and can cover just about anything you need/want to know about said clubs.

I'm well versed with most things TCGC, but I'd rather not answer or discuss questions related to it. On the other hand, if it is ARPC related, then ask away. :)

SafeFire in Camas is inexpensive, especially if you get a membership.

You can shoot your own ammo and collect the brass, bring your own targets for a small fee (and they have like 20 available starting at $1) and give discounts to military, veterans, 1st responders (LEO, Fire, ER nurses).

Monday's ladies shoot half price. Juniors under 18 shoot for free.

I looked at Douglas Ridge and Tri-county but the wait time for the background check is 9-18 months at Tri Co. Both are a bit spendy.
The wait time for TCGC is not for the background check, but rather it's because they're at capacity (membership is capped at a predetermined number). The attrition rate will usually dictate the number of new membership openings in a given year.

Last Edited:
No waiting at DRRC and they have monthly new members meetings so getting in is pretty easy.

A bit pricey if you don't do the 8 hour per year volunteer work but it has some great offerings.

I am looking for a range somewhere near Portland. I live in outer N.E. and the folks I want to target shoot live in inner N.E. Portland, outer S.E. Portland, Independence and St Helens. In the past I was going to the English Pit in Vancouver but they raised the price to $23 a person and the facility is sub-par. I do have a Life Time membership at The Place to Shoot put I would need to buy their ammo. I looked at Douglas Ridge and Tri-county but the wait time for the background check is 9-18 months at Tri Co. Both are a bit spendy. The Clackamas County Public Range you still need to buy their ammo. I have yet to check out the Johnson Crk gun club but I will be doing that today.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
I've heard anywhere in SE Portland is acceptable. Gresham. Some parts of vancouver(albeit this area is mostly a nighttime experience). 🤣🤣 good luck, it's getting more and more expensive and restrictive to shoot anything/anywhere anymore.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top