JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you can afford food and a rood over your head, then you're fine. If you bankrupt yourself buying guns, that's a problem. But sounds like you have the money, why not invest it in a fun hobby like collecting firearms?

Well Mr. Hrethgir thats a fine question- but I want "shooters" and not these pistols The Metropolitan Museum of Art - Pair of Flintlock Pistols of Empress Catherine the Great (1729?1796) which at one time were considered to be priceless. What got me thinking this way was A)literally tripping over one of the gun cases and B)I'm not shooting them- some of them I've had for 5 years and I've never pulled the trigger on the range.

So it occurred to me- "If I'm not using them, why do I have them?" You're right- there's some people who collect items just to collect like cigar boxes or matchbook covers. But I look at firearms as being tools- and a person can only NEED so many "shovels" or "hammers".

And yet, I can describe the scenario for each firearm I have, why I purchased it, what it's intended use but still,,,,I had enough self doubt to ask, to compare notes if you will.

Not only has "The Supreme Being" provided me with everything I need, but enough extra cash *said with a straight face* to take care of the wife's pillow warmer. Isn't he cute? Bailey in his natural habitat.jpg

Bailey in his natural habitat.jpg

Well now, see, now you're asking a different question! You were asking before if you had too many. I just said that if you can afford them, then it's not a problem. But now you're asking what KINDS of guns are good to have and bad to have! That's soley on you there! When I say collect them, I don't mean high-value stuff, I just mean stuff. I consider mine a collection, but I don't have anything rare or expensive in it. Of course, you mention tripping over a gun case, so if your place is stuffed to capacity with guns, then maybe you have too many guns, but what it might actually be is your place is too small, LOL!

Well now, see, now you're asking a different question! You were asking before if you had too many. I just said that if you can afford them, then it's not a problem. But now you're asking what KINDS of guns are good to have and bad to have! That's soley on you there! When I say collect them, I don't mean high-value stuff, I just mean stuff. I consider mine a collection, but I don't have anything rare or expensive in it. Of course, you mention tripping over a gun case, so if your place is stuffed to capacity with guns, then maybe you have too many guns, but what it might actually be is your place is too small, LOL!

Huh. That's an interesting thought- hadn't looked at it from that perspective. You're right- this place is tiny- I've got the "Kids Bedroom" which I've turned into an office. I'd probably have more volume in a 5 gallon bucket. Well I just don't want "wall hangers"- remember the old children's story "The Matchlock Gun"? I don't want a "matchlock" I want only "shooters"....Himmm....going to have to rethink this AGAIN

The short answer: It depends on whether or not the State or Fed are asking.

Kind of a short answer there Mr. Eagle- would you be kind enough to expand that line of reasoning? Sure the State has its laws, the Fed's have their laws, but as I understand it you as a law abiding citizen must comply with both- unless you're a talking head on NBC holding up an illegal 30 round magazine on TV and get a free pass from the Chief of Police.

Kind of a short answer there Mr. Eagle- would you be kind enough to expand that line of reasoning? Sure the State has its laws, the Fed's have their laws, but as I understand it you as a law abiding citizen must comply with both- unless you're a talking head on NBC holding up an illegal 30 round magazine on TV and get a free pass from the Chief of Police.
I was alluding to the recent push the Fed has had to pray on Veterans with "head injuries." It seems as if they are blanketing older/still concomitant individuals with notices of incompetency when in reality they still are rather concomitant. So, what I mean to say is that, if you were to ask the Fed or the State "do I have too many guns" they may have an undesirable answer for you since they seem to be targeting individuals such as yourself. It's rather despicable.

I was alluding to the recent push the Fed has had to pray on Veterans with "head injuries." It seems as if they are blanketing older/still concomitant individuals with notices of incompetency when in reality they still are rather concomitant. So, what I mean to say is that, if you were to ask the Fed or the State "do I have too many guns" they may have an undesirable answer for you since they seem to be targeting individuals such as yourself. It's rather despicable.

Yes Mr. Eagle it is. To have a soldier or sailor go overseas to support our rights then come back here to only find they've been taken away? But like the BATFE 4473 question 11, item F says- "are you a danger to yourself or others?" and if the answer is "no" then you should be good to go.

What most people don't realize is the current DSM-5 (DSM-5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) can list every swinging Richard and every swinging Jane as "not mentally competent" ( non mente compentent ) so they've requested an outside independent review because of political pressures. If EVERYONE is listed as "not mentally competent" then in theory the United States gov't could confiscate every firearm legally- and DSM-5 would give them the potential legal medical basis. In theory if President Obama with a stroke of a pen said "Every Gun Owner is not mentally competent- collect them all" by executive order. As I understand it, they have been experimentally doing this in California to see what the populace's response would be- and of course the locals just said "Hey, not my problem I'm not a gun owner".

So anyhow- I've been trying to read the "Legal Tea Leaves" and so far I'm thinking this topic will do one of three things: A)be dropped completely and left to die B)Shelved by the antigunners until a more opportune time or C)Headed to the United States Supreme Court. I'm HOPING it'd go to court on the theory if the precedent is set it will prevent this topic from ever coming up again- or at least buy some time.

i will ask as well.

How do you answer question 11f on a 4473 form?

besides, you have a derogatory answer for everyone else's question or post.

can't wait to hear the story on this one.

funny, ask an important question and then they disappear.

To many guns? Not sure if this is the right place to be asking that....

Well Velzey thats a valid observation, but if its never asked then how would you know? Is the question collecting for the sake of collecting? Collecting for the use as social realignment tools in case TEOTWAWKI? Collecting as an financial investment? It's an open ended question that I started when I crammed my little right toe into an aluminum "Winchester" transport case- and they're falling out of my closet one case at a time.

Perception is reality; I have two hands- and I need one to hold the firearm and the other to pick my nose right? :s0114: So how many is too many? Or you could have just one great big hand cannon to deal with bad guys!!

Well if by chance you find yourself without the need or want to keep all but one, you may most appreciatively shower me with your excess.

Thank you for your offer of help! Thats very generous of you! Actually I do have a Calico Liberty II with 1 each 50 rounder, 2 brand new 100 rounders, and a speed loader that need's a new home if you have enough cash for a "rehoming fee"

If your tripping over gun cases it sounds like you may have a gun case storage problem, not a firearm problem.

I would recommend storing the cases in the basement, garage or shop. Frees up room for more boomsticks!

If your tripping over gun cases it sounds like you may have a gun case storage problem, not a firearm problem. I would recommend storing the cases in the basement, garage or shop. Frees up room for more boomsticks!

I quite agree- and if possible, I always shop smart, Shop at S-smart....and life sucks when you live in an apartment complex.

Well Poopers- there's a bit too much earth between Mr. Eagle and myself so any gains he would have made would have been offset by gas. But hey! We tried right? (If it wasn't for the damn'ed firearm act of 1968 we'd have shipped it through the mail)

BVB, you've asked 3 times now. You deal with trolls by not feeding them. You're looking for a reason to fight- its not happening. Ask your buddies why they're on ignore.

Do

Not

Feed

The

Trolls

It's not just the firearms that you collect, it's all that goes along with them. Consider the number of magazines for each handgun ( I generally have between 4-6 for each) and the ammo to stack behind.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top