JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Resellers are not going to give you top coin, webuyguns.com seems legit and I believe they will send you an offer as well. It's convenience the sellers are looking for, not full retail.

Resellers are not going to give you top coin, webuyguns.com seems legit and I believe they will send you an offer as well. It's convenience the sellers are looking for, not full retail.

Webuyguns is legit. I've sold several guns to them.
Yes then offered me $ 981 for both guns.
From my experience, I doubt webuyguns would offer you that much.

While it appears customary for the buyer to pay the transfer fee, is it not the buyer's and seller's fee? The seller needs a proper transfer as well.

No?
What I remember is that for a double gun switch-a-roo (trade) both parties have to pay the transfer fees for their respective guns but for a single (one way) private party transfer done at a dealer only the receiver has the fee to pay. I do believe the sellor is logged into the books but pays no fee.

While it appears customary for the buyer to pay the transfer fee, is it not the buyer's and seller's fee? The seller needs a proper transfer as well.

No?
Its been a little while but unless something has changed and we are talking in person? No, its only one. When I sold last gun the FFL was taking my gun and putting it on his books. So the guy buying was paying the FFL. No different than if I just walked into the shop and sold them my gun. Now when people talk about shipping a gun? If they want to use a local FFL to ship to another state I have to guess both would want a fee for their time.

No?
Naw. I don't see it that way. If I'm selling it I'm not having it transfer in my name. The buyer is and if I'm buying I fully expect to pay my own transfer fee.

So for me, I'll sell a gun for less than I'd prefer to compensate the buyer's cost with the added fee but im not going to further discount my sale price by throwing down on more money on the transfer fee.

Naw. I don't see it that way. If I'm selling it I'm not having it transfer in my name. The buyer is and if I'm buying I fully expect to pay my own transfer fee.

So for me, I'll sell a gun for less than I'd prefer to compensate the buyer's cost with the added fee but im not going to further discount my sale price by throwing down on more money on the transfer fee.
Yes, easier to get the seller to lower the price by $30. 👍

I've only purchased two pre owned firearms, first was shipped to local ffl through GB so of course I paid the fee and second was such a good price that I was thrilled to pay the fee. Both were net $100 to $150 less than market.

No buyer fee on my new guns.

From my experience selling and buying used guns:
If you're taking about the transfer fee that the FFL charges - not the $10 back ground check that is done on the buyer - there is only 1 transfer from the seller to the buyer.

"is it not the buyer's and seller's fee?"
^^^ technically this statement is correct if your not taking about the BGC, but again, only 1 transfer is done. They document both parties info and the transfer is done from seller to buyer.

Either party could pay it, just like either party could pay for the BGC, I t's just more common for the buyer to pay the associated fees. Many sellers stipulate this as a requirement for the sale. You can always ask that they pay the fees or split them if you feel it's more fair, but you might get ignored or they might get upset. Like when one puts "no lowballers" or "If the ad is up it's still for sale, please don't ask", lowballers and people who ask if it's still for sale get ignored.

If they didn't state it in the ad then I see no reason you shouldn't ask the seller to pay or split the transfer fee. I could see the transfer fee being negotiable depending on the deal

If people ignore requests that I put in my ads I ignore their message. IMO, it's rude. Negotiating is fine, but if I've set a stipulation then that's that.

Probably a longer explanation than required or wanted, but hey, I'm bored.

And, what about my collection?

Home-made2.jpg

How about?

One_Million_Dollars_2.jpg

Aloha, Mark

"I would like to purchase your gun, would you pay the fee"?
No, the buyer always pays the fee.

"I would like to purchase your $500 gun for $450"
Sounds good, when can we meet?

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. If I'm already selling the gun for 100-150 off the going rate I'm not discounting it another 50 for your transfer fee...

If I'm selling a used gun the price is already fair and it's firm. Hard concept to grasp I know.

Not calling anybody out specifically, somebody on here said negotiation is okay but the transfer fee is non-negotiable.

Just seemed kind of strange to me.

HaHaaa...

Have a good day everyone 👍

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR