JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think this guy is playing a good one on all of us - for a better word - trolling.

I'm sorry you feel that way Mr. Ruby. I quite assure you Sir, I am not trolling. In fact, you can look up if I'm telling the truth in Colonel Jeff Coopers books about the use of a shotgun over a sub gun like the M951 Calico Liberty II.

Several years ago I went through a major downsizing and have not regretted it. Consolidated calibers, sold the really expensive ones that I worried about too much, and purchased a few that I lusted after. Been happy ever since. Now I just worry about ammo...

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING! Well written my friend- you phrased it so much better than I did. Except I went into "Sportsman's Warehouse" (Or whatever they're calling it this week) in Des Monies (Just south of Seattle) and all the military calibers were sold out- 308/7.62, 9mm, 45 ACP, .223/5.56, 40 Cal,,,and I'm kind of hurt. Even the .22LR was still gone. But as I'm looking I observe the old standbys- 45/70, 30-30, 30-06, 375 H&H Magnum,,,,and like you I was re-evaluating my needs. Sure its great having military surplus when you can get it- but if you can't I was kicking around the idea of maybe getting a lever action 30-30 or 45/70. Which opened up the can of worms (Besides tripping over one of the two Winchester aluminum hard cases breaking my toe) that maybe I might have a few too many rifles.

The taxpayers are taking care of you and yours tax free. You won't be going hungry. so why not simply keep them ... say thank you for my service, and enjoy the beauty of your choices. I advise you to get insurance, like the NRA policy, if you have not already done so. It would be a real downer if you lost any of your family. Thank you for your service.

Funny that you and Mr. Reno would mention the same thing when today I opened up my yearly "Heres you life membership shield" and the offer of the insurance. Think I'll take them up on it- sounds like you two have given some pretty good advice. Amazing how insurance is useless until you NEED it!

I wasn't really questioning your certs or background more or less to what extent you were brain damaged in you texts you seem quite capable.
So if your on disability or got money for a disability then tax money probably paid for a lot of those guns and all your other bills. You may very well have earned all of it.

But there's A LOT of people that abuse it and get a lot of "free" money off the backs of others.
And it pisses me off if any able bodied person gets guns, cigs, cell phones, drugs, booze, big screen tvs, or cars nicer than mine for being "disabled"

If this doesn't fit I would humbly apologize until my tongue fell out, especially if you served your country.

Here's an idea, why don't you pick a couple of guns out of that big pile that's in your way, and donate a few to some veterans who aren't as fortunate as you.
I know a lot of vets that work, pay taxes and support their families, but don't have any extra money to buy more guns then they need.

*ROARS LAUGHING* I'm sorry everyone- I just realized I have asked the Firearms Owners version of the "Marshmallow Test". I promise you that was NOT my intention to stir up such controversy. To see the "Marshmallow test" here it is on "Youtube" The Marshmallow Test - YouTube

I'm sorry you feel that way Mr. Ruby. I quite assure you Sir, I am not trolling. In fact, you can look up if I'm telling the truth in Colonel Jeff Coopers books about the use of a shotgun over a sub gun like the M951 Calico Liberty II.
Asking someone if you have too many guns is the equivalent of a girlfriend asking her boyfriend if she is too fat. You already know the answer.

I wasn't really questioning your certs or background more or less to what extent you were brain damaged in you texts you seem quite capable. So if your on disability or got money for a disability then tax money probably paid for a lot of those guns and all your other bills. You may very well have earned all of it.

But there's A LOT of people that abuse it and get a lot of "free" money off the backs of others. And it pisses me off if any able bodied person gets guns, cigs, cell phones, drugs, booze, big screen tvs, or cars nicer than mine for being "disabled"

If this doesn't fit I would humbly apologize until my tongue fell out, especially if you served your country.

Clear, may I tell you my story? It's dribbling out in bits and pieces and isn't coherent or with a linear timeline. So here we go- Cliff's version if you please.

1)Fell off the back of either a M35A2 "Deuce and a half" truck OR my 10KW generator set. It was icy in the middle of winter- about this time of year I think- things are fuzzy and I don't remember very well- and I cracked my head when I fell off. The intelligent side of the brain wasn't damaged since the Army never used it (Said tounge in cheek) but the part of the brain that controls emotions was damaged.
imagesCA4ZZ8M5.jpg and here's what the inside of my commo van looked like imagesCAEB7AFK.jpg

2)So I completed my 3 year commitment not knowing I was brain damaged. I was relieved of duty as a precaution after I'd lost my hearing (I try to read lips but most people don't know that) so then I get back to Washington from Fort Bragg and a CSM (Command Sgt Major E9 type) asks me "Want to be a Drill Sgt?" Not really,,,,,"Oh, did I tell you we've already boarded you for your E5?" *pregnant pause* "And 91 days later you get your E6" (I've got this stupefied look on my face and I'm thinking "Is this the Twilight Zone"? The re-enlistment bonus had gone from 4/4/4 (About 36,000 dollars) down to 0/0/0 (OK, I'm gone) "Oh, and here's a $2500 bonus for you!" So I signed the enlistment paper's for my last 6 years,,,,,"Oh I forgot to tell you- YOUR NEW MOS IS 11B! YOU'RE INFANTRY NOW!" "Sez what? NoOoooooo! I'm a Signal Corp Girlie! I ride in a truck! I have Stereos, TV's, Radios,,,,," Not any more you don't!!

Such is life in the reserves. The 2nd Bn at the time was 130% understrength- I read it on the wall once and couldn't figure out how they did their percentages.

So I'm Bee-Bopping*** down the hallway after noon chow on Sunday,,,and my Civilian Boss was Bravo Company's Commander. I'd tease him, he'd make me lock my heels and I'd have to do pushups and I'd sound off with 'MONDAYS COMING MONDAYS COMING MONDAYS COMING!" And I'd have 27 days to do mean things to him before he'd get his revenge...*laughs* He's now as of a few years ago Full Bird Colonel- good for him. Even if I wouldn't trust him with a burned out match.

****Bee-Bopping- walking in such a way that you're acting like a civilian. The opposite of STRATC (Skilled, Tough, Ready, Around The Clock strut)

3)So knowing that I was usually smarter than my Boss's- I'd get angry and walk off the job. This happened over and over and over again- knowing the Boss was wrong, and I could PROVE the Boss was wrong. But that also means I was not a "team player"- and companies are team organizations. My Signal Girl job in the army however was a 3 person team and I was outstanding in that environment. I was also outstanding as a locksmith- once again, usually worked by myself or with one other locksmith.

4)So I'm in Church one day- I'd become unemployed, AGAIN,,,,and a Preacher friend of mine named Melvin Byrd (Had a major stroke and had to retire last year :( ) asked if I needed help on the Alter Call. I said "No, I don't know what my problem is- I need help, but it's beyond my skill base to either describe it or know what it is".

So a guy named Ray Switzer from Building 9, Washington State Veterans home comes up and says "You're former military right?" Yes Sir- why? (I'm puzzled) "Come down to my office tomorrow at 0800 and we'll see what we can do". I'm down to like my last $5 bucks- I mean I'm broke, I'm homeless (again) and I'm down to a half a tank of gas. So I show up, Mr. Switzer pulls my Medical 201** and says "Did you know you were supposed to report to the VA 20 some odd years ago due to your brain injury?" No Sir I did not.

Since Ray is like the Supervisors Supervisor's Supervisor, it took 6 months and I got 70% disability right off the bat for my brain. Not knowing anything I asked "What about all the time's I broke my right ankle and foot while at Fort Bragg?" (I don't know which jerk came up with the idea we should run 5 miles every day but it just shatters the bones in your feet and legs) and that took me over the 100% mark.

**Medical 201, also known as a Medical Department of Defense Medical 201 list's each military personnel's physical malfunctions and PT scores. Used to determine suitability of some jobs- such as if you are past the age of 32, you are not allowed to be "Airborne' because your bone's are considered to be too brittle for safe landing. Or at least they used to be- a lot of things have changed since the 25 years I've been in.

5)So the Veterans Administration took ALL my employment records, and took ALL my medical records from every doctor for the past 25 years- I must admit the stack was impressive about 6" or so tall.

So Dr. Clemens at Building 6 at American Lake wades through all these records and figured out what to do. The End

Sorry for all the long posts- I promise I'm trying not to bore people to death, really

imagesCA4ZZ8M5.jpg

imagesCAEB7AFK.jpg

Here's an idea, why don't you pick a couple of guns out of that big pile that's in your way, and donate a few to some veterans who aren't as fortunate as you.
I know a lot of vets that work, pay taxes and support their families, but don't have any extra money to buy more guns then they need.

I'd be tempted to trade a few guns for a decent job :| It sucks Mr. Bett to wake up in the morning, kick the wife, kiss the dog and wonder what you're going to do with the rest of the day. I have no structure to my life- I sleep when I'm tired, I wake when I wake, and I eat when I'm hungry. Oh wait- I take my meds at noon, 6 PM for the diabetes, and midnight so I have some semblance of order.

Funny that you and Mr. Reno would mention the same thing when today I opened up my yearly "Heres you life membership shield" and the offer of the insurance. Think I'll take them up on it- sounds like you two have given some pretty good advice. Amazing how insurance is useless until you NEED it!

If you have more than 5k invested in firearms and ammunition I highly recommend getting insurance. NRA has a free policy and if you add to it it is just a bit more. I think I pay 15 a month for 25k in coverage. I'll have to look. That and the NRA does not ask you for your serial numbers as does most insurers.

Are you looking to adopt?................... ;)

Adopt guns? Certainly! Its only the right thing to do! Look at all the "homeless guns" that the police have tried to rescue using "buy backs". As far as kids? No, thank you. I'd be a horrible parent

This story smells funny to me. You went to Para-legal school with a "brain injury", after completing 2 enlistments with same said injury, and then you get 70% from the VA. Then on top of that, you have extra "injuries" that add up to 100%.

I don't really need to address the first couple points because they speak for themselves in the smell-test department. The VA rating seems like bunk because the only way to get 100% from the VA is to get it for ONE single thing. You can have 50 different problems/injuries and still not make 100% due to the way the VA does disability math. Lose limbs and not make 100%, but you get it for a 25 year old brain injury? 100% P&T or just Non-employable? Either way, sounds like you're full of it, or milking the system.

It reminds me of the story of the "combat-wounded SeAL" down in TX. Got on some national news when they wanted to interview people from the WWP. He talked about getting wounded on some secret mission and then the story came out that he hit his head on a log in basic training and never actually made it to the fleet. But, he too had a brain injury and his wife went along with the story as part of his "treatment" and "recovery". Is this part of your "treatment"? At least your forthright about HOW you got injured, but it still smells funny.

Cognizant enough to work the Reasonable Man angle, but not enough to work? :s0131:

This story smells funny to me. You went to Para-legal school with a "brain injury", after completing 2 enlistments with same said injury, and then you get 70% from the VA. Then on top of that, you have extra "injuries" that add up to 100%.

I don't really need to address the first couple points because they speak for themselves in the smell-test department. The VA rating seems like bunk because the only way to get 100% from the VA is to get it for ONE single thing. You can have 50 different problems/injuries and still not make 100% due to the way the VA does disability math. Lose limbs and not make 100%, but you get it for a 25 year old brain injury? 100% P&T or just Non-employable? Either way, sounds like you're full of it, or milking the system.

It reminds me of the story of the "combat-wounded SeAL" down in TX. Got on some national news when they wanted to interview people from the WWP. He talked about getting wounded on some secret mission and then the story came out that he hit his head on a log in basic training and never actually made it to the fleet. But, he too had a brain injury and his wife went along with the story as part of his "treatment" and "recovery". Is this part of your "treatment"? At least your forthright about HOW you got injured, but it still smells funny.

Cognizant enough to work the Reasonable Man angle, but not enough to work? :s0131:

OK lets back up a bit. A)You have no employable skills so what do you do? You go to school right? You get a job, but your injury prevents you from KEEPING the job. Emphasis on staying employed So you keep right on going to school not realizing what the REAL problem is- lather, rinse, repeat, wipe hands on pants or the wives good towels. B)There's different kinds of intelligence- My logical side of my brain had an IQ of around 147- I was accepted at 3 different law schools. HOWEVER- the Caveat on that is my emotional intelligence is about that of a 10 to 12 year old kid.

Look at how I write, and what I write. Does it seem even vaguely normal to you? How many people do you know of have the guts- or lack of social skills in this case- who would put their whole lives out there for everyone and anyone to see? Who else do you know of would actually put their Doctors Name, the Building Number, and the Hospital (Clements, Building 6, American Lake)

Don't like that? Pretend you're a profiler for the FBI. Step out of your preconceived ideas, and from the outside looking in what do you see? You see a guy who is either the consummate liar, or someone who's social skills are inept at best but his logical writing skills are apparent when applied to a forum

Still don't like that? OK lets cut this in half- I was terrible at selling cars by the way- so lets narrow it down this way, Mr. Profiler: what would I possibly gain by doing this? You live out in the sticks, and you're a tightwad- even the cheapest person on this forum should be paying the bronze level. Todays my first day and I pumped in $50 dollars.

I paid the $50 because I believe in the 2nd Amendment of the United States. I paid the $50 dollars because money talks and BuXXX ShXXX walks. Talk is cheap; whiskey costs money.

Sure, I'm not the brightest, the swiftest or the surest- but I believe what I believe because of the Magna Carta. I believe what I believe because every man's home really is his castle. I believe that bad guys should be punished and its wrong to punish good guys when they defend their families.

I just re-read your post. To put it bluntly your knowledge of how the Veteran Administration calculates disability is lacking.

When you can wade through all of the laws, the math and the techniques they use here: 38 CFR Book C, Schedule for Rating Disabilities - Web Automated Reference Material System

But the most important thing of all is I have the paystub and you have,,,,your opinion. NRA data.jpg

Q: wonder if the NRA is going to send me a new cert's card? I just noticed this one's expired!

I'm not going to put my pay stub's up- I could, but the bottom line is everything I've written I can document.

Sorry if I stepped on your ego, but you need to learn that when someone can provide details, names, dates, places, sketches, photographs and documentation- all of which I have- then YOU need to learn to give someone the benefit of the doubt.

NRA data.jpg

Plenty of places you can volunteer your time.

I did that for awhile- I normally become uncomfortable discussing it but you've made a valid point. I worked here as a Veterans Rep (I shouldn't use the word "worked"- I "volunteered") https://www.rescue-mission.org/ and that was an experience.

Once again, I got angry and walked off the job.

They were putting in a new light rail system between Seattle and Olympia and the new track's were being laid right behind the Mens shelter ok? So I do a walk through- some of them would eat at the shelter but sleep under some of the overpasses because the air conditioning would break down in the summer. So I'm looking around and I see needles and actually observed some people making heroin (a clear drug heated in a spoon over a candle flame then injected??) and they went into the shelter for food. OK, fair enough.
So I go to the retired Air Force Colonel who's the second in command- I forget his name- and I give him a verbal report. I specifically requested DO NOT hassle these guys- better the demons you know and where they're at than the demons you DON'T know.

I went home and the next day I found out the Tacoma Police Department had come in with dogs, they had hunted down the homeless drug users and just messed with them. I had taken months to build up my reputation as a good guy and this &^%$!!! Colonel had cut the legs right out from under me. So I cleared my throat and I said some words that were very,,,ah, unprofessional for a Sgt. to cuss out his Commanding Officer for being an *** as I stomped out the door in a rage.

There was no reason to hassle the homeless. There was no reason to make a huge drug bust for the TPD to look like anything other than a horses ***. Granted, enabling people is a bad thing in general- but these people were already considered society's dregs- what would be gained by kicking people when their down? I say "people" because while it's the MENS shelter the women would eat with their men. And with women would be their children. Whole families messed with because the Tacoma Police Department "wanted to look tough on crime".

Maybe you're right- its been a few years. Maybe I should volunteer somewhere else- thats really not a bad idea! You're right!

God Alone knows I'm tired of writing letters to various gov't officials about the 2nd Amendment. That gets expensive if you pay for mailings out of your own pocket...

Larry,

I have seldom if ever regretted buying a firearm, I have however regretted selling one.
It kinda like a car how many times do we sell our beloved car or truck or motorcycle and a month later go oh man !!!

Firearms like ammo seldom ever lose value unless they are garabage or heavily used. If it was me unless I needed money I would keep them. After all there was a reason you bought them to begin with. I ave some I use, some I do not I am more a buyer then a seller always have been.

So Larry a good way to know is grab some coffee sit down and go through them, I am sure once you hold them in your hands the reasons will all flow back and you will go what was I thinking.

SW

I agree with Salty, go through them and trade or sell them for what you want. Ammo, re active targets, upgrades or cash to buy the wife something nice. Doesnt matter how many you have, it what you do with them. If they are dust collectors (unless they are collectible) get something that you can use/ train with.

There's no such thing and too many because you can alway buy another safe or a bigger house.

This is stil America.

Don't sell anything unless you plain don't like it anymore or you indeed need the money. And if you don't like it, I would suggest you trade it for something else. Trading can be a lot of fun as usually both parties feel like they got a great deal.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top