JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have better luck selling mine on consignment at local gun shops, they only take 15% and you don't have to answer endless questions or try to meet to do transfer.
This! Private sale is now all too often a huge PITA. Since you have to have the seller meet at an FFL its far worse than it used to be. When selling there was always the people who would set up a meet and then never show. Now you are setting up a meet at a shop so when you show and they don't waste of time. Range I use last I asked said it was %15 to let them sell. This would be how I would do it. Let them deal with the hassle and just collect the money after the sale.

Maybe some of you are having better luck than me, but used guns are not selling right now. Not unless you are willing to sell for a big loss. If you don't really need the money it's probably smart to hold and try again later.

The foot thing is a meme. People on reddit have been calling out folks for getting their feet in the picture. Some of them even had pretty nasty feet. The fact that you didn't get your foot in the picture shows that if nothing else, you have more class than most on GB and reddit.

Maybe some of you are having better luck than me, but used guns are not selling right now. Not unless you are willing to sell for a big loss. If you don't really need the money it's probably smart to hold and try again later.
The next m114 mini-panic is coming up most likely with hearings for state track in sept. And after that will likely be a big panic in OR. I could care less about such things cuz I don't sell any but someone else may be interested. Or it could be that the previous panics will reduce the new panics coming up cuz everyone bought most of what they wanted, I don't know. Seems like a good time to buy to me.

Almost forgot about those. Is this the Judge Raschio thing?
Yes Imo the judge Raschio hearings won't be that much of a panic but once it goes to OR Supreme Court that will really, really, be the last chance to buy anything for a good long while so that might be a real panic in OR. Unless everyone is sleepwalking, which is certainly possible. Those folks will say, "I have to take a class? A Permit? I can't buy this or that gun due to capacity? What's this all about?"

Last Edited:
you will always get more money selling to a private party!
If the item sells at all.

A lot depends on the item itself. I had a rifle for sale here for years - it took that long to find the buyer and I sold it for less than I paid for it. Of course, not everyone can afford a $3K rifle or wants a .50 BMG rifle.

If you want to sell here you may need to be patient.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top