JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There's the rub! When they say it pays to be patient, they're not kidding. So many things in life (firearms being why we're here on this site) can be found in great condition and hardly used or abused for prices far lower than retail, but everyone seems to do things a bit different, to each his own.

It is true Sir, I am indeed the master of purchasing high and selling low- usually very low. Unfortunately.

Well Mr. Ch139 back in 1987 I purchased my Mossberg 500a- the complete package. Then I ordered a complete set of chokes which was another $75. I paid like $239 for the Mossy, so I was into it a bit over $300. Now the same package is going for about $290 on sale, the chokes are still about $75, meanwhile my Mossy has depreciated due to its age. I will never, ever get that money back or even break even. To add insult to injury a friend of mine purchased a brand new Mossy 500a and we put them side by side- there was just enough manufacturing differences that parts are NOT interchangeable. Kinda like the difference between a pre-64 and post 64 Model 70 Winchester. I could break even on the Saiga, maybe the Calico M951, but I would lose on the Mossy, the Win 70, the Savage 24, the OTHER Savage 39 or whatever it is, and the Mosin-Nagant M91/30. The Olympic Arms? Man I lost money on that from the word "GO!" It was on sale for $650- which, at the time I thought was a good price. I get it home only to discover it for sale elsewhere for $599!

Then Obama was elected- and the price soared on the Oly Plinker to $1200- anyone remember that? Then I became (this is a joke people) "schizophrenic" as it were- rule 1 drives me forward to double my money but rule 2 drives me backwards because if they DO ban them I'll never be able to afford another one,,,,,so I went around and around and around in circles trying to figure out what to do. Then Obama's fear eased a bit, the manufacturers caught up to demand and the price of my Oly Plinker has dropped back down to about $650- close to what I paid for mine.

The lesson I have learned is the day my ship comes in down in Fife, I'll be waiting at the train station in Seattle and the parts I needed just left by Greyhound bus from the Tacoma terminal.

Either simple attention seeking or he's a pathological liar. Really, who would share that much info online?

Why don't you learn to READ? I already answered that question. If you can't read then what would be the sense of trolling? If I was trolling I must have succeeded quite well- even if I don't log on, you're still talking about it! *Just laughs*

Oh Boys! I know you're 30 years or so or younger. I know you don't know the difference between "wisdom" and "knowledge". You ignore those who have life experience and you ask your friends for advice rather than asking those who have already lived that part of life. When my generation dies off, most of the wisdom will follow- Gen X, Gen Y are too wrapped up for real knowledge.

You don't even realize you're acting like the very liberals you claim to dislike- if you did have wisdom, then you would understand that ALL the Amendments- including the first would also apply to all threads. But you don't understand that- your world view won't allow it probably from your public school education.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
C'mon here boys- and you are boys because adults don't act like you've been acting- so come here, park it, and I'm going to give you a little secret.

First, you go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerry_Spence

Pay attention to the part where it says "Trial Lawyer" and notice he's one of the top trial attorneys of all time. As in "Can take a guy red handed and have him avoid prison time" good.

Then, go here: http://www.amazon.com/How-Argue-Win...=8-1&keywords=How+to+argue+and+win+every+time

At least then you won't sound like the village idiot shouting or typing the typical children's insults you've been typing.

Learn how to argue. Learn how to tell the universe THIS IS HOW I FEEL AND THIS IS WHY I FEEL THIS WAY AND THESE ARE THE FACTS THAT SUPPORT MY POSITION.

Right now, you sound like boy's out on a children's playground trying to sound like their older teenage brothers and sisters. Grow up, learn how to argue like you mean it.

Learn how to argue if for no other reason than when you find a liberal who wants to take your guns you can argue the position for gun ownership like you mean it, like you know what you're talking about.

You're allow to think whatever you want about me, First Amendment and all, as I am allowed to think of you. You can "answer" or rebut my questions 'til you're blue in the face, but the fact remains that you don't come across as having ANY brain injury, let alone one that would rate you 100% from the VA, considering you didn't even know you had a brain injury until someone felt sorry for you at church and gave you a diagnosis that is very hard to prove or not prove. You're super smart, but have an emotional IQ of a 10-12 year old, right? Are 10-12 year olds allowed to purchase firearms? No? Why not? They're deemed not responsible enough, yet you are? Come on..... Would a 10 year old with an IQ of 140+ be allowed to buy a firearm?

You're allow to think whatever you want about me, First Amendment and all, as I am allowed to think of you. You can "answer" or rebut my questions 'til you're blue in the face, but the fact remains that you don't come across as having ANY brain injury, let alone one that would rate you 100% from the VA, considering you didn't even know you had a brain injury until someone felt sorry for you at church and gave you a diagnosis that is very hard to prove or not prove. You're super smart, but have an emotional IQ of a 10-12 year old, right? Are 10-12 year olds allowed to purchase firearms? No? Why not? They're deemed not responsible enough, yet you are? Come on..... Would a 10 year old with an IQ of 140+ be allowed to buy a firearm?

I wish you were right. But you're not.

The diagnosis was based on my employability over a 26 year period as determined by the VA's medical disability board consisting of doctors reviewing the previous 26 year period, by other doctors AND the VA doctors. I myself was never asked my opinion- most of the time I was bewildered at what was going on. But when professionals tell you to do something its wise to do it- they're the experts right?

But let me ask you this; why do you care? Seriously? Isn't this topic beaten into the ground already? Aren't you tired of this?

Since everyone has the agenda they speak outloud, and they also have a hidden agenda lets cut this right in half- what is your hidden agenda and what are you trying to accomplish here?

I was trying to be helpful- I was not trying to hijack my own thread. Can we get back to the original topic now?

Okay I will think what I want about you. One of those thoughts has to do with what I view as a limited view on brain injuries. The brain, among other things, controls physical operation of the human body. A brain injury can disable neuromuscular actions to where the individual is 100% disabled under VA standards. IQ is not even necessary to determine that rating. Yup, as previously stated, some folks act like liberals with preconceptions about how the world fits into their own personal view of how it ought to be.

OK- NOW THE MODS HAVE STEPPED IN AND WE'RE BACK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC (thank you) The pistols I have is only a few- my personal preference is long arms- but I've wondered if I have too few! I have a CZ75B (Highly accurate) a Rock Island Arsenal M1911A1, a P64 "Raden" (Wonderful little pistol- and it will bite the thumb web if I'm not paying attention) a Heritage Arms .22LR/.22Mag SAA. The Heritage is super accurate (for those of you who don't know: Home - Heritage Manufacturing ) but it takes (what seems like) forever to load and reload.

So I've been kicking around getting another semiauto .22LR and I have 3 choices: 1)The original High Standard "Sport King" that I inherited from my Dad but sold when money got tight- that was a double sad day. But they're 60 years old and getting parts is problematic. 2)Colt Woodsman- same problem. 3)The New Mitchell Arms "High Standard" went out the window when they went bust a few years ago. 4)The Ruger Mark III SEEMS like a nice pistol but I've never shot one. 5)Or is there another .22 pistol I've missed and should consider?

I must embarrassingly admit that I enjoy the "traditional" style much better than the "newer" style's of the "square plastic" designs. I have no doubt the "square plastic upper receivers" are just as accurate and robust as their larger breathern but to my traditional eye they look and feel awful.

So have I missed something, have I failed to consider a specific firearm that I may have overlooked? Thank you

Trailtrader go with the Ruger 22/45. If you don't like the plastic frame there are places that make aluminum ones.

As for how your thread turned out. Keep things simple man. You sound like a good person with an interesting life. That's all fine and dandy to share. However your original subject line may have played out better if you left all the personal stuff out.

Trailtrader go with the Ruger 22/45. If you don't like the plastic frame there are places that make aluminum ones.

As for how your thread turned out. Keep things simple man. You sound like a good person with an interesting life. That's all fine and dandy to share. However your original subject line may have played out better if you left all the personal stuff out.

Some are getting hung up on the 'brain damage' and 'guns'. some here seem to believe brain damage means crazy and since Trailltrader does not seem crazy they think he is a troll.

Trailltrader, when you move to AR, keep visiting this site and show us your property and maybe some hunting trophies. :s0155: I just did a quick search and there are some great deals over there

Land for sale by Mena, Arkansas - Polk County - 29.8 acres - 1501827 - LandsofArkansas.com

This just made my head hurt reading this, as to the original question? As long as you have room for your firearms then I say hang onto them. As for this gentleman being a troll I do not see it, volunteering to much info for sure but I realize he is just trying to explain himself the best way he can.

A)Thank You for your suggestion- I don't know what a 22/45 is but I'll research it. B)That comes from being socially inept with the inability to "read" people in social situations- which is part of the brain damage... (Did that make sense?)

Mr. Martini- I'd like to hunt, I really would- thats one reason why I want so much acreage. Like in Kitsap County, Washington you CANNOT discharge a firearm if you have less than 25 acres. So I'm thinking,,,,"Himmmm, I'd better do some research...?" So I write a letter to the Polk County Courthouse in Mena, Arkansas and I send it by registered mail- "Hey, whats the smallest acreage I can shoot a firearm on?" I wait 60 days- no answer. So maybe they thought I was trolling- I am as serious as a heart attack because it'd suck to buy 7.5 acres then find out they have a minimum 10 acre rule or something right? So I resend a new letter with a Courtesy Copy going to the NRA-ILA's legal department- I mean I'm going spend $90,000 I want to make sure I do this right the first time. No answer from Polk County, but the NRA-ILA's legal department said "Sorry, no can help- good luck".

So I didn't know what to do (Like thats a new situation, eh?) but I found this website: ArkansasHunting.net and asked the question. The bottom line was nobody cares as long as you don't throw bullets into the neighbors yard. "Wow" I'm thinking "So in theory I could put a 50 caliber range on 1/10th of an acre?" Yep,,,,,,ohhhhhhh mmmmmyyyyyyyyy to borrow a phrase from George Takei.

As far as hunting? Most animals are safe unless they're prepackaged and sold by the pound at the local grocery store. I suspect that anything that fights back and is more in shape than a mushroom is probably safe. We'll see!

Thank You for understanding Mr. Tbucket- you explained what I was trying to say so much better than I did. I was going to ask what year but I'll send you a PM

If you can afford food and a rood over your head, then you're fine. If you bankrupt yourself buying guns, that's a problem. But sounds like you have the money, why not invest it in a fun hobby like collecting firearms?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top