JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
the one and only question you would not answer, that says a lot about you. must not be telling the whole story. really it was a legitimate question. no fight here, just a simple request that you have denied.

i will ask again:

How do you answer question 11f on a 4473 form?

From what he has shared, I can surmise he answers, 'NO'.

Knowing where you're getting your motivation for asking such a question, I offer the below:

EXCEPTION to 11. f. NICS Improvement Amendments Act of 2007: A person who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution is not prohibited if: (1) the person was adjudicated or committed by a department or agency of the Federal Government, such as the United States Department of Veteran’s Affairs (“VA”) (as opposed to a State court, State board, or other lawful State authority); and (2) either: (a) the person’s adjudication or commitment for mental incompetency was set-aside or expunged by the adjudicating/committing agency; (b) the person has been fully released or discharged from all mandatory treatment, supervision, or monitoring by the agency; or (c) the person was found by the agency to no longer suffer from the mental health condition that served as the basis of the initial adjudication. Persons who fit this exception should answer “no” to Item 11.f.

I hope I'm not out of line in offering this post.

It's not just the firearms that you collect, it's all that goes along with them. Consider the number of magazines for each handgun ( I generally have between 4-6 for each) and the ammo to stack behind.

*Laughs* And holsters! And maybe a pistol safe next to the bed, and insurance. And to do it all without the glare from the wife,,,I'm lucky the wife's pretty forgiving actually. when I purchased that Hawkin's black powder she says "Well, its been 2 years since you've bought a gun so thats OK".

Seriously however- you add it all up, Mr Bob and you're right- the actual price of the firearm is maybe what? 60% of the total investment?

I paid,,,what? $750ish for my Winchester Model 70 HB, synthetic stock. Purchased a Winchester aluminum case that holds 2 long guns and I got a 10% discount from Cabela's in Lacey, WA because it had a 3" "ding" in one of the edges and that was $240ish. .308 Ammo you can figure $75 cents a round give or take a bit- figure the barrels shot out at 3,000 to 3500 rounds give or take a bit so thats roughly $2500. Scope was $300, plus $450 for the Bushnell Elite 1600 range finder (I notice the price has jumped to $600!!)

Wow. Price of the actual firearms itself is fairly inexpensive. The Saiga .308 is about the same price with all the 25 rounder mag's I've purchased for it so I can double the ammo price, and split the range finder costs.

You're more right than most people realize Mr. Bob- I'm looking around my office and it's looking ugly. Spotting scope- $100. F1 "Shooting Chrony" thats like what? $140ish? Maybe I need a garage sale,,,,? *Laughs*

Maybe I should donate a rifle to "The Legend of Mick Dodge" with some ammo,,,,,

BVB, you've asked 3 times now. You deal with trolls by not feeding them. You're looking for a reason to fight- its not happening. Ask your buddies why they're on ignore.

Do

Not

Feed

The

Trolls

Why not answer the question? This is a matter of protecting the people on this site from illegal activity so don't flatter yourself with the attention, This has been happening long before you came and will still continue long after your gone, Some of the very reason we have a Feedback section.

I know you will read this even if you pretend to have people on ignore, The type of person who feels the need to answer (most) questions with a half page of plagiarism or hot links and barley touch on the original question just cant resist....

It is cute you learned the term internet troll but I don't think you have figured out quite how to use it.

:s0162:

From what he has shared, I can surmise he answers, 'NO'.

Knowing where you're getting your motivation for asking such a question, I offer the below:

I hope I'm not out of line in offering this post.

It is good of you to offer defense for the OP but I wouldn't rush to assumptions and conjecture. It is a fair question to some one who is willing to publicly declare "Do I have too many guns" and Oh yea I have a brain injury.

We need to look at this with out compassion and consider our whole NWFA community.

I wonder what Chris Kyle would think here?

What we really should be asking ourselves is 1) is it any of our buisiness? the correct answer is no, 2) who here has their MD and can first tell us the type of injury he had and how it effects him outside of what he has told us. The correct answer is no one since unless you know him personally and are pervy to his medical records even if you had an MD. So, what has happened here? A predictable "grab your torch and pitchforks" session. He has no obligation to tell anyone how he filled out any form that is protected under privacy laws at the federal level. If one wants to condemn someone for merely this then you are no better than the Obamacrats that sent out letters to PTSD vets that didn't balance their check book correctly and told them to turn in their guns. Folk's this is the internet, where assumptions are wild, where people are quick to condemn, where people are slow to reason, where people talk large to boost their even larger egos. Seriously folk's, grow up. Just because one has a collection of guns and has had a brain injury does not mean one is not in their right mind.

What we really should be asking ourselves is 1) is it any of our buisiness? the correct answer is no, 2) who here has their MD and can first tell us the type of injury he had and how it effects him outside of what he has told us. The correct answer is no one since unless you know him personally and are pervy to his medical records even if you had an MD. So, what has happened here? A predictable "grab your torch and pitchforks" session. He has no obligation to tell anyone how he filled out any form that is protected under privacy laws at the federal level. If one wants to condemn someone for merely this then you are no better than the Obamacrats that sent out letters to PTSD vets that didn't balance their check book correctly and told them to turn in their guns. Folk's this is the internet, where assumptions are wild, where people are quick to condemn, where people are slow to reason, where people talk large to boost their even larger egos. Seriously folk's, grow up. Just because one has a collection of guns and has had a brain injury does not mean one is not in their right mind.
Tell us more.

lol

OP through the bait in the water, looking for debate and controversy (on a hot current event) and has proven himself to be no more than a professional at researching internet excerpts. I smell a rat or something fishy......

Ok so riddle me this... If you replied to him did you A) belive him or B) feed the troll? its one or the other folks!

It's not necessarily that simple, I'm trying to look out for the best interest of 34,673 members not just one. I have not been rude or unfair in my opinion anyways. ..
This appears to be a loaded thread, I very well could be wrong but I do believe that not everyone capable of creating an account here do it with good intentions.

Well Mr. Eagle, I've got to admit I have "reversed trolled" them over this question. I mean I posted my NRA certs. I have had background investigation's done by the Washington Arms Collectors, the Washington State Patrol, the BATFE, Boeing T/secret when I was an engineer decades ago, and the Kitsap County Sheriff's Department. I've posted the VA website's requirements for disability.

They still refuse to either understand or comprehend- either way, it's not our problem. THEY have the problem. THEY are arrogant enough to believe THEY are smarter than the experts such as doctors (Thank you for pointing that out by the way) THEY feel they are more knowledgeable on doing background checks than the experts.

I think that's what Dr. Phil called a "Narcissistic Personality Disorder" or words to that effect. Narcissistic Personality Disorder Symptoms | Psych Central (And I quote) But I am not a doctor- your mileage may vary

Narcissistic Personality Disorder is characterized by a long-standing pattern of grandiosity (either in fantasy or actual behavior), an overwhelming need for admiration, and usually a complete lack of empathy toward others. People with this disorder often believe they are of primary importance in everybody’s life or to anyone they meet. While this pattern of behavior may be appropriate for a king in 16th Century England, it is generally considered inappropriate for most ordinary people today.

People with narcissistic personality disorder often display snobbish, disdainful, or patronizing attitudes. For example, an individual with this disorder may complain about a clumsy waiter’s “rudeness” or “stupidity” or conclude a medical evaluation with a condescending evaluation of the physician.

What is happening here, is the frustration built up from the ultimate insult; its not to call someone name's but to simply ignore them. By ignoring someone not only have you removed all of their power but you have demonstrated they're not worth the effort to respond, that they are beneath contempt, beneath acknowledgement. And in this case, they're going to stay on ignore- life is too short to have other people urin8 in your breakfast cereal anyway.

It's not just the firearms that you collect, it's all that goes along with them. Consider the number of magazines for each handgun ( I generally have between 4-6 for each) and the ammo to stack behind.

Well Mr. Bob, I was thinking about your question this morning and I realized it's more valid than most people realize. So how much DO you think we spend in supporting equipment? Ranges, targets, matches,,,the actual price of the firearm keep's dropping and everything else keeps going up and up!

beware of the man with one gun for he knows how to use it well.....not so sure about the man who asks perfect strangers if has too many lol
*Refutes quote with another quote in the spirit of friendly competition* Your quote is right out of O'Conners "The Rifle Book"
My response is right out of Abe Lincoln's response to when he was being friendly with the Southerners after the American Civil War: "Why Sir, I am turning my enemies into my friends!"

Besides, no mater what our personal beliefs are, the big picture is a small group of gun owners- maybe,,,what? 10,000 on this board and maybe 1000 who are active out of at least the 7.5 million in Washington State plus,,,whatever Oregon, Idaho and other visitors may have and we're willing to hold to our beliefs against the entire 3 states and then some.

Sun Tzu writes on tactics that given time, a large group WILL overcome a small group. However, the small group WILL inflict serious losses on the large if the planning is done right.

*Refutes quote with another quote in the spirit of friendly competition* Your quote is right out of O'Conners "The Rifle Book"
My response is right out of Abe Lincoln's response to when he was being friendly with the Southerners after the American Civil War: "Why Sir, I am turning my enemies into my friends!"

Besides, no mater what our personal beliefs are, the big picture is a small group of gun owners- maybe,,,what? 10,000 on this board and maybe 1000 who are active out of at least the 7.5 million in Washington State plus,,,whatever Oregon, Idaho and other visitors may have and we're willing to hold to our beliefs against the entire 3 states and then some.

Sun Tzu writes on tactics that given time, a large group WILL overcome a small group. However, the small group WILL inflict serious losses on the large if the planning is done right.

well played friend, I like it

"Be courteous to all, friendly to none"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews