JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What we really should be asking ourselves is 1) is it any of our buisiness? the correct answer is no, 2) who here has their MD and can first tell us the type of injury he had and how it effects him outside of what he has told us. The correct answer is no one since unless you know him personally and are pervy to his medical records even if you had an MD. So, what has happened here? A predictable "grab your torch and pitchforks" session. He has no obligation to tell anyone how he filled out any form that is protected under privacy laws at the federal level. If one wants to condemn someone for merely this then you are no better than the Obamacrats that sent out letters to PTSD vets that didn't balance their check book correctly and told them to turn in their guns. Folk's this is the internet, where assumptions are wild, where people are quick to condemn, where people are slow to reason, where people talk large to boost their even larger egos. Seriously folk's, grow up. Just because one has a collection of guns and has had a brain injury does not mean one is not in their right mind.

My Cousin was in a car accident in high school that led to a brain injury and a plate being put in his head. Now you can call him out without details to his life and say he should not own a gun because he discloses he had a brain injury but he did physical therapy, went back to playing sports and went on to get a scholarship at West Point and later went through and completed Army Ranger training. So with a little more to the story you might not hear him tell other than the brain injury should he not be allowed to own a gun when he was in charge of a 1500 person base in Iraq as the senior officer? He is now a Vice president of Apple in charge of new product lines being tested, produced, and marketed. Is he crazy..hell yes. Is he crazy in a bad way..hell no. He has the drive and motivation to succeed and intelligence of 10 average non brain injured people. He does not own a gun. Not because he can't but because he claims he does not need one in most situations. He goes shooting with his brother and I and it is humiliating to try and shoot next to him because of his accuracy with most anything he picks up. If the FFL sold the man a gun he has a legal right to have it. Some folks are starting to sound as bad as Obama questioning someone without all the information and it is his right to not give all of that information as well.

Agreed. If you bought all that buy a nice fireproof safe and 15k could be 3 or 4 guns or some folks. Not an insane amount around here.

Well Mr. 40cal there's truth in that. I have a 12 long gun Cannon safe I store some in. I have a lot of them racked for transport also.
Like you've said- $15K is not an unreasonable amount considering all in all. "How much a firearm is worth" is like "What is accurate?"

I was just looking at Guns & Ammo's advertizement for Les Bauer's 45 with all the fancy scroll work and stuff. Someone earlier on this thread mentioned he had one in his safe but didn't shoot it- to him, it was questionable if he should keep it. Yet, Mr. Bauer's firearms must be in demand or he wouldn't have a company right? To me, all that scrollwork just make's it that much harder to clean gun powder fouling off once it's baked on near the muzzle. On the other hand maybe these pistols are beyond match grade and can put 8 out of 8 shots into a 1/4" hole at 25 yards so I don't know. I asked a guy at Fort Lewis awhile back what he considered accurate and he said a "Quarter of chest". I gave him a blank look and asked "Please explain? I'm confused" and the young Lt. said "I simply expect for all shots to land in this area at 10 yards" (holds his hands roughly 6" apart over his heart and sternum) then we laughed- the young Lt was right.

I expect my Mosin-Nagant to print 5 shots into a 3" circle at 100 yards. I expect my Olympic "Plinker" to put 20 rounds into a 12" wide by 30" high target at 100 yards using iron sights. I expect my Winchester Model 70 to hit a 12" wide by 30" high target out to 800 yards, and the Saiga 308 to hit a 12" wide by 30" high target out to 500 yards.

HOWEVER- having said that? I wear bifocals and I must get as close to a target as possible. The firearms are far more accurate than I shall ever be at my current age or older.

got any shotguns ?

I've got an old wheezy Mossberg 500a I'd purchased back in 1987ish or so. A "Sears" JC Higgins single shot goose gun that I've cut down to 19" on the barrel so it's cylinder bore for hunting in brush. (Cheaper than buying a 30-30) A 1912 Stevens "goose gun" with 32" of full choke single shot goodness, and my favorite is a .22/.410 Stevens Model 24 I had completely restored to its 1950 configuration. I paid 230 for it, then put in another $550 or so to have it totally restored to factory new.

I've mused with getting a Remington 11-87 (Is that right?) the semiautomatic 12 gauge. I saw a gold medal winner back around 1990 on display at a gun store in Port Orchard- very impressive firearm, especially with all the trophy's it had won. Buuuutttttt I'm not much of a shot gunner.

Trailltrader, when you move to AR, keep visiting this site and show us your property and maybe some hunting trophies. :s0155: I just did a quick search and there are some great deals over there

Land for sale by Mena, Arkansas - Polk County - 29.8 acres - 1501827 - LandsofArkansas.com

If I was single I'd snag that 30 acres in a heartbeat- hey, if you're single all you need is one bath and one bedroom and in a pinch you can do without the bedroom and use a hammock. I've looked at this property on Google Earth and stuff- and it is beautiful.

The property we're trying for is 164 Bronco Ln, Mena, AR, 71953- 3 bed, 1.5 bath, 20 acres and I'm thinking I can "scrape" a stock pond since it rains so much. HOWEVER- I called up the one and only well drilling company in Mena and they were kind enough to talk to me about the well- 200 feet down, and the pumps 18 years old. Its been my experience when I worked at Nicholson well drilling that the average pump has a lifespan of around 15 years- estimated cost to replace this one is going to be around $1600. Which isn't too bad considering that here in Western Washington the same work would be $3500ish.

But what's REALLY cool about the Bronco property is if you go to Google Maps and you see that long white strip running SE to NE? Thats a 300 yard rifle range with berms that's already been made!

Then after watching that TV show "Appalachian Poachers" or whatever it's called- when they're going after the ginseng? Well I found seeds, with 10 acres shaded to grow it on,,,that'd be a nice little cash crop to plant and harvest in 10 years. Wife wants some goaties and chickies and then I told her they're not that cute when it's time to butcher them like they're peeper cute at "Dell's Feed Store" in the spring. She said I have to do the butchering and she'll do the gardening. I said "Fine- how does 40 by 40 feet grab you?" ANYTHING that can pry her away from the TV is a good thing.

But I digress- anyhow, right now supposedly the property was put up for auction, 3 bidders, and this is after the 24 month listing contract expired. My Real Estate agent is keeping me posted but I don't think it's sold- those who are trying to buy it will do the same math as I have and realize the septic needs work, we already know the well's trashed,,,and it's over priced. So we'll see.

164 Bronco Lane, Mena AR - Trulia

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads