JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If that happened at home my Husky/Rot would be playing with his hand in the backyard when the police got there. I'd make him pay cash for one of my tourniquets or he could use his effing belt.

If that happened at home my Husky/Rot would be playing with his hand in the backyard when the police got there. I'd make him pay cash for one of my tourniquets or he could use his effing belt.
If that happened at my house the scum bag kid would be dead! At that range it would be a single 45jhp to the face. First blow to the front door and I am fearing for my and my family's life and responding accordingly.

What kind of place has Portland turned into that a stupid kid like that would even think he had any chance of walking away alive after pulling a stunt like that?

$250 bail... I can't even fathom a Portland judge would be so incredibly incompetent. I will be neighborly and help the family pack for their move back to California while the meth head is deciding on who he will be attacking next. And I have no question that this isn't the end of his criminal career.

Last Edited:
"It was a while, she said. "It was a while". It took them a while to come."
This is something to consider , when calling 911.

Not bashing Law Enforcement here...
Just pointing out a common statement about the time between calling and the time of arrival.

As for living in fear...
I can understand that ...for a bit.
However living in fear ain't really living...so l hope "John" looks into many different ways of better securing his home and safeguarding his family.
Andy

$250 bail……….that'll teach him…
  1. Restrict what police can do
  2. Defund and demoralize the police officers
  3. Let the "suspect" out on little or no bail
  4. Don't prosecute the "suspect"
  5. Make it difficult to get a firearm, but only for the law abiding
  6. Make it impossible for the victims to get any but minimal capacity magazines
  7. Call an emergency and get funding for police, but only hire ineffective administrative positions to hadle things like diversity, equity, trans rights, etc.. Make certain none of the new officers work the streets.
  8. Blame the increased violent crime and home invasions on Domestic Right Wing White Supremacist Terror Groups (any Republican).
We are at step 7

7. Call an emergency and get funding for police, but only hire ineffective administrative positions to hadle things like diversity, equity, trans rights, etc.. Make certain none of the new officers work the streets.
  8. Blame the increased violent crime and home invasions on Domestic Right Wing White Supremacist Terror Groups (any Republican).
We are at step 7
Add to step 8. " demonize any individuals, groups, families or neighborhoods who step up and protect themselves as Vigilantes. "

I'm 65 years old but I'll bet you I can still hit a home run out of most softball fields and I keep a bat close to the front door and I sure would have tried to get that guys arm over the center field fence. I doubt it would have been much use after the first blow. Course I would have had a .38spl in my back pocket in case he didn't feel like FEELING pain. Heck if he broke the glass in my $600 front door I might have hit him a couple times!

So much fail on so many levels.

But what stood out to me is how many times anit gunner friends have accused me of.. "living in fear" just for being a gun owner.

So now the non-gun owner whos now admitted to legitimately living in fear, cant even go out and buy a gun -today- thanks to 114.

I've heard that's the response time in parts of Portland.
Well they don't want to catch the guy, so they have to give him time to get away. It's Portland are the cops even still allowed to carry bullets in their guns? They have to keep them locked at all times like everyone else don't they?
It's great when the cops show with their hands pre-tied.

We are at step 7
I'd say we're well past 7.

So much fail on so many levels.

But what stood out to me is how many times anit gunner friends have accused me of.. "living in fear" just for being a gun owner.

So now the non-gun owner whos now admitted to legitimately living in fear, cant even go out and buy a gun -today- thanks to 114.
I would argue they are living in ignorance and if they have a family worth protecting of being negligent.

I would argue they are living in ignorance and if they have a family worth protecting of being negligent.
The typical argument is the fact of the very low statistical probability that anyone would actually need a gun.

(This fallacy ignores the fact of the fact of the very high statistical probability of injury or death when the low probability assault happens. )
Of course, now that the citys defunded the police, prosecutors are absent (or not pressing charges), violent criminals are released... encouraging higher crime, one can argue the odds are much higher.

Something to consider here is .....

Being scared or in fear for one's life...ain't always a bad thing.
That is as long as one can function and control one's actions at that time.
It can give you a boost in strength and energy as well as the willingness to do what is necessary to survive the situation.

Being fearful or "living in fear"...well that ain't a good thing.
Since fear in this case , can drive or heavily influence one's thinking.

In any event...
Having a firearm is not the end all , be all of being safe and secure.
Lots of different things , actions and mindset play a role here.
However...
Having a firearm...as well as the skill and willingness to use it and the wisdom of just when to use it....
Will go a long way in helping to keep one safe and secure.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads