JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, you are right.

The firearm had NO input into the 'raising of a criminal' since a firearm is an inanimate object but regardless the son made a choice, completely of his own volition, and without regard for how he was - or was not raised.

How often in our lifetimes have we (or maybe only some of us) knew of (or heard about) people who made bad (illegal) choices, on up to committing crimes and we either knew personally, or knew of, the parents to be fine, upstanding, law abiding citizens?

Ever been intoxicated to the point you shouldn't have been driving? I have (more than I care to admit) - and my parents certainly didn't promote me drinking and driving. Never got a DUI fortunately.
My grandparents and parents both had input (good, mediocre and sometimes bad) into my "nurturing" and therefore my mindset.

Yes, I have done stuff that they would never have done and would disapprove of, but family does impact the personality and behavior of their children - both by example and teaching of values. I have at times chosen to not follow their example (particularly in how to raise my child - and I believe she turned out better in many respects than I did because of that) and I continue to do so.

I'm just thinking that the family shouldn't be angry. Rather I would expect them to be flummoxed by their relative's choice to pour chlorine into their own gene pool. Stupid is as stupid does...

Fear.png

I can see it now.......

The family, will be telling everyone (those who are willing to listen) that their poor brother, Roosevelt, died as a result of, "GUN VIOLENCE".

Aloha, Mark

PS.....I can imagine that, soon......Brandon's "Office of Gun Violence Prevention" will be getting in touch. You know......to get some pointers on making new/future anti-gun legislation. LOL.

Last Edited:
Yes, I have done stuff that they would never have done and would disapprove of, but family does impact the personality and behavior of their children - both by example and teaching of values.
Unfortunately the values being taught in recent times are not based on morals or acceptance of responsibility. Instead, the trend is to blame others for any perceived grievance, be it institutions, individuals, or groups. Racism and bullying are being advanced in institutions that previously condemned it.

This is concerning.

Families will say anything.
finally had a moment to look this up and no surprise the gun control groups counted this as "gun violence" and not a DGU....

Armed robber points gun at store employees demanding cahs one was carrying, and robber gets his dirt nap. brother and especially sister's response is amazing.

Did this really happen? Or is this another fake Twitter story? I see no link to an actual article, or any details on location, nor date of incident. Not that I doubt it could have happened, I just don't trust random "this happened" posts.

Did this really happen? Or is this another fake Twitter story? I see no link to an actual article, or any details on location, nor date of incident. Not that I doubt it could have happened, I just don't trust random "this happened" posts.
Okay, i found an article verifying the situation. Also watched a news report of the same incident. I now see other people linked similar articles.

Pop back to my post #17 on the first page, really happened back in 2019

Reminds me of this news story, "some BS happened somewhere" :p

Yeah, I looked at a few sources and I'm confident it did actually happen. Too bad a bystander was also shot, by the clerk, but luckily only the perp was killed. Could have been worse.
Reading towards the bottom of the very first page of this thead, one would find👇this👇post, which contains a link to a real Dayton, Ohio, news article about the incident:

It happened back in October of 2019, so you might not have seen/remembered it from 4 years ago... :s0092:

Pop back to my post #17 on the first page, really happened back in 2019
I linked @DDA to your Post #17 from mine (#99), but I have no idea why I didn't see all the upthread messages when I went to post mine (#99). When I went to post it, I was replying directly under his original post (#92) asking if it was real. Dunno how 6 other posts magically appeared between his original post and my reply after I left the thread and came back... :s0092:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads