JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't have a Mini-14, so correct me if I'm wrong, as I don't know the answer for certain. But isn't the Mini-14 mag proprietary to the firearm? You can't just throw in NATO 5.56 x 45 STANAG 4179 mags into the gun, can you?
That is correct. The Mini 14 mag catches at the back of the magazine akin to the
M-14 magazine. Some outfit made a "Universal" magazine that would work in either the AR or the Mini. As I recall, it wasn't good in either.:s0092:

Hi friends,

Looking at upgrading arms at home. I have an AA Grendel 6.5, and my wife has a 357. I was thinking about adding a 223 AR-15, and a 9mm Glock or similar.

I went to a local gun show, and was quickly stunned with the news of semiautomatic center fire rifle sales being ban in WA. Covid. Working too much. Whatever, I had no clue.

So…… with those limitations, for a second rifle I'm thinking short barelled lever actions, 357 or 30-30, or a mini Howa, chambered in 223, 6.5 Grendel, or maybe even a 6.5 Creedmoor.

I can't be the only one here. What have you acquired lately? Suggestions? Moving to Idaho ain't happening, tempting as that might be…..
HB 1240 prohibits the "manufacture, importation, distribution, sale, or offer for sale of any assault weapon" in Washington state. Some exceptions for licensed firearm manufacturers and dealers are baked into the legislation, allowing law enforcement agencies to continue to purchase from firearms dealers and manufacturers, for instance. Exceptions are included for those who inherit an assault weapon, and the law does not regulate possession for Washingtonians who owned assault weapons before the bill was signed.

Read more at: https://www.theolympian.com/news/state/washington/article278871944.html#storylink=cpy

Unfortunately it's your responsibility to know what your elected representatives have passed……

Hi friends,

Looking at upgrading arms at home. I have an AA Grendel 6.5, and my wife has a 357. I was thinking about adding a 223 AR-15, and a 9mm Glock or similar.

I went to a local gun show, and was quickly stunned with the news of semiautomatic center fire rifle sales being ban in WA. Covid. Working too much. Whatever, I had no clue.

So…… with those limitations, for a second rifle I'm thinking short barelled lever actions, 357 or 30-30, or a mini Howa, chambered in 223, 6.5 Grendel, or maybe even a 6.5 Creedmoor.

I can't be the only one here. What have you acquired lately? Suggestions? Moving to Idaho ain't happening, tempting as that might be
Other than moving the only thing we can do is work hard to replace some of the clueless people who represent us in Olympia. D

Work hard to replace some of the clueless people in Olympia who represent us. Dave Reichert running for Governor, would be a lot better than gun grabbing Ferguson.
I'd vote for Reichert in a nanosecond over anyone the Left puts up. Practically anyone would be better than Sideshow Bob, especially from a 2A rights perspective. Pond scum would be better than King Jackboot Jay's royal court jester, but then I offend pond scum... :rolleyes:

I'd vote for Reichert in a nanosecond over anyone the Left puts up. Practically anyone would be better than Sideshow Bob, especially from a 2A rights perspective. Pond scum would be better than King Jackboot Jay's royal court jester, but then I offend pond scum... :rolleyes:
Hey now, pond scum is an important part of the ecosystem. It's way better than any politician.

speaks to me 2.jpg

did it come that way or did you do the modifications???

Thank you Wee. Henry's are tough to find. Ross is aren't but would prefer to keep looking for a Henry. What length barrel did you end up with?

Hi friends,

I can't be the only one here. What have you acquired lately? Suggestions? Moving to Idaho ain't happening, tempting as that might be…..
Washington? No you need to call 911 and hope the armed agents of the state arrive at your home before the intruder shoots you and your family.

IMG_5851.jpeg

I went to a local gun show, and was quickly stunned with the news of semiautomatic center fire rifle sales being ban in WA. I had no clue.

Suggestions?
☝️THIS!!!☝️

And pay attention to shiit that affects you, so you can vote timely and intelligently next time... If there ever is going to be a next time, even... :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
I do. But since mail ballots started, Democrats have prevailed consistently.
I'm probably preaching to the choir, but the simple fact is that the Democrats are statistically less likely to go to a polling place to vote than Republicans. Mail in voting makes voting easier and eliminates this advantage that Republicans have had. That may mean that the Republican party needs to shift or compromise on some issues in order to win more elections, holding the line on the issues that are most important.

I do. But since mail ballots started, Democrats have prevailed consistently.
If you do vote you just choose to pay no attention to what is going on?? :confused:
You said it came as a shock to find out this law went in. So you did not know they had been working on this for a LONG time? The reason one party prevails is WAY too many pay no attention to what is going on and do not bother to vote. Then when some new law goes in they "just find out". Another election is coming up, we shall see if more bother this time around or if we get more new laws.

I'm probably preaching to the choir, but the simple fact is that the Democrats are statistically less likely to go to a polling place to vote than Republicans. Mail in voting makes voting easier and eliminates this advantage that Republicans have had. That may mean that the Republican party needs to shift or compromise on some issues in order to win more elections, holding the line on the issues that are most important.
You will find a LOT of gun owners actually vote for the people doing this too them. Watch sites like this as election gets closer. You will see a lot of them telling anyone who will listen to either not bother to vote, or to throw their vote away as a protest vote. Never quite understood how us losing is a protest but, LOT of gun owners tell me it works .:confused:

You will find a LOT of gun owners actually vote for the people doing this too them. Watch sites like this as election gets closer. You will see a lot of them telling anyone who will listen to either not bother to vote, or to throw their vote away as a protest vote. Never quite understood how us losing is a protest but, LOT of gun owners tell me it works .:confused:
Yup.

Sad, really really sad.

I vote.
I don't feel like my vote is heard or counted....nor do I feel represented by those who are voted in or how they vote.
I still vote however....Simply because it is the system we have.
Andy
I vote, too. And I feel the same way - that my vote isn't heard or counted. And I'm certainly not represented at the state or federal level, either, living in Eastern Washington. But I still vote, even though Seattle always does my voting for me...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top