JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If we Americans purchased only the firearms that look good, Glock would be selling makeup at sears.

I know for me many guns I "thought of as pretty ugly", would grow on me if they worked real well. My old Ruger 89 is like that. When the great mag ban was going in I had no double stack 9s, never was big on them. So figured I would buy one since they were going to tell me I could not. So bought it and some mags. Chunky ugly damn thing. As years went by and it would not stop it started to look better. After great ban left I kept it for wife. Something for around the home. It was so large and heavy she could shoot it with +P ammo. Simple in a crisis, pick it up it fires 16 times. Later someone had some of those USA garbage mags cheap. Bought a couple to try, amazingly even they worked. Bought a couple 20 round mags they made. They were so poorly made they were hard to get in the pistol. Yet even they will not make it choke. The pistol slowly started to look pretty to me as years went on. When I bought a couple Kel-Tec S2K's same thing. Looked only slightly better than the original (Planet of The Apes) High points to me. Damn things worked so well they too started to look much better as time went on. Still will never to me look anything close to my love for a 1911 or the nice wood M1 but, what the hell. They work so damn well I can't help but admire them :)

I know for me many guns I "thought of as pretty ugly", would grow on me if they worked real well. My old Ruger 89 is like that. When the great mag ban was going in I had no double stack 9s, never was big on them. So figured I would buy one since they were going to tell me I could not. So bought it and some mags. Chunky ugly damn thing. As years went by and it would not stop it started to look better. After great ban left I kept it for wife. Something for around the home. It was so large and heavy she could shoot it with +P ammo. Simple in a crisis, pick it up it fires 16 times. Later someone had some of those USA garbage mags cheap. Bought a couple to try, amazingly even they worked. Bought a couple 20 round mags they made. They were so poorly made they were hard to get in the pistol. Yet even they will not make it choke. The pistol slowly started to look pretty to me as years went on. When I bought a couple Kel-Tec S2K's same thing. Looked only slightly better than the original (Planet of The Apes) High points to me. Damn things worked so well they too started to look much better as time went on. Still will never to me look anything close to my love for a 1911 or the nice wood M1 but, what the hell. They work so damn well I can't help but admire them :)
Kind of like (after 4 beers the gal started looking "not so bad" after 6 beers you told your buddy "I gotta hot looking date tonight" the next morning after 4 Tylenol, you said to yourself " good lord I sure hope we didn't" but your whimpers could barely be heard over her snoring lol

Here is a couple of my Pistols in 9mm fullsizeoutput_5b8.jpeg

Details please on the 4 AR platform builds. I am familiar with the Scorpoin. Nice stable of PCC's.
The top is a 80% lower build with a PSA upper that Takes Glock mags.
The second is a CZ Scorpion with a Factory Carbine handguard that fits my Omega 9K host perfectly
the third is Sig MPX
Fourth is a Frontier Armory C-5 build that takes HK MP5 mags
And the last is another Frontier Armory C-5 PDW with a side folding SB tactical arm brace.

Perhaps I'm too much of a WWII fanboy but modern pistol caliber carbines look terrible. Beyond the classic lever actions or WWII firearms the choices available are something out of a 1950s Sci-Fi movie or a boring copy of an AR type platform.

Examples:
Beretta CX4-Storm
Hi-Point Carbine
CMMG Resolute
Just Right Carbine
Vector Gen II
IVI Tavor
Ruger PC Carbine

I've fired a few of these and they are actually pretty fun. But aesthetically, I think they look like ridiculous Sci-Fi guns.

Maybe I should start a company that makes M3 Grease gun repos to compete with these carbines.

What are your thoughts?

Valkyerie Arms M3A1 Page

The top is a 80% lower build with a PSA upper that Takes Glock mags.
The second is a CZ Scorpion with a Factory Carbine handguard that fits my Omega 9K host perfectly
the third is Sig MPX
Fourth is a Frontier Armory C-5 build that takes HK MP5 mags
And the last is another Frontier Armory C-5 PDW with a side folding SB tactical arm brace.
IMHO New Frontier dropped the ball on that C5 by nesting the flash hider and not putting the barrel threading where you can put a tri-lug on it for a can. Best part about subguns is suppressing them. It is cool though.

IMHO New Frontier dropped the ball on that C5 by nesting the flash hider and not putting the barrel threading where you can put a tri-lug on it for a can. Best part about subguns is suppressing them. It is cool though.
Yeah, I agree.
Eventually I will find a longer barrel to fit the PDW handguard so that it fits nicely when used as a host.
Then I will use the shorter barrel on my other 80%(project) lower build.

Look like those may be nice but price is going to keep them from making a big splash. I have to guess the big hang up on price is production for now. It looks like the design is still quite basic just like the original. Of course to bring price per piece down they need to be able to mass produce them. The pistol version with a brace adapted would be wicked fun.

Look like those may be nice but price is going to keep them from making a big splash. I have to guess the big hang up on price is production for now. It looks like the design is still quite basic just like the original. Of course to bring price per piece down they need to be able to mass produce them. The pistol version with a brace adapted would be wicked fun.
There's always the busted knuckle way if you are so inclined..
dscn2123.jpg 20161214_171404.jpg Screenshot_20190526-175813.png

I guess to each their own. I like the way my Ruger PC looks! ;)
It was on this site I first heard of these. Before they were out for sale someone posted a picture of the new idea. I at first thought it was a very odd looking thing until I read about how they were going to make it. I already had a few PCC's that use Glock mags so I have a "lifetime supply" of them :D
When I saw the reason for the odd looking receiver was that Ruger was making a rifle that would work with Glock mags I had no problem with the way it looked. I started watching the auctions and when I got a chance to grab one at a price I could live with I jumped on it. Still love it.

Well, I guess form follows function. I might ask, how should a pistol cartridge carbine look? Would it look better if it had fins like a '59 Chevy? More chrome?

I've got the original PC4 as well as the newer PCC. They are both quite minimal to me in styling, and that suits me to the ground.

Back a few years, during Vietnam, many of us that already had shooting experience thought our Matty Mattel inspired M-16 was funny looking. And compared to many other guns, it still is. But I've learned to ignore how it looks, and I happen to own a few in spite of their looks.:cool:

Well, I guess form follows function. I might ask, how should a pistol cartridge carbine look? Would it look better if it had fins like a '59 Chevy? More chrome?

I've got the original PC4 as well as the newer PCC. They are both quite minimal to me in styling, and that suits me to the ground.

Back a few years, during Vietnam, many of us that already had shooting experience thought our Matty Mattel inspired M-16 was funny looking. And compared to many other guns, it still is. But I've learned to ignore how it looks, and I happen to own a few in spite of their looks.:cool:
A lot seem to think the lever action and bolt action forms are the end-all be-all form for carbines and rifles:rolleyes:

A lot seem to think the lever action and bolt action forms are the end-all be-all form for carbines and rifles:rolleyes:

I think so too. But to protect shoppers with such a beautiful rifle that holds only 7-rounds or less would get someone laughed out of the mall ninja association.:s0060:

Last Edited:
Perhaps I'm too much of a WWII fanboy but modern pistol caliber carbines look terrible. Beyond the classic lever actions or WWII firearms the choices available are something out of a 1950s Sci-Fi movie or a boring copy of an AR type platform.

Examples:
Beretta CX4-Storm
Hi-Point Carbine
CMMG Resolute
Just Right Carbine
Vector Gen II
IVI Tavor
Ruger PC Carbine

I've fired a few of these and they are actually pretty fun. But aesthetically, I think they look like ridiculous Sci-Fi guns.

Maybe I should start a company that makes M3 Grease gun repos to compete with these carbines.

What are your thoughts?
Is an AR15 chambered in pistol caliber considered a PCC? I like the looks of them almost as much as an AR15 chambered in rifle cartridge:)

Is an AR15 chambered in pistol caliber considered a PCC? I like the looks of them almost as much as an AR15 chambered in rifle cartridge:)
I believe so, as its
1) chambered in a pistol cartridge
2) are usually in a carbine format

:rolleyes:

On the other hand, there has been a bunch of 5.56/.300blk/ similar chambered AR type firearms that gets called "PCCs" because they're technically pistols with stabilizer braces :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews