JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Perhaps I'm too much of a WWII fanboy but modern pistol caliber carbines look terrible. Beyond the classic lever actions or WWII firearms the choices available are something out of a 1950s Sci-Fi movie or a boring copy of an AR type platform.

Examples:
Beretta CX4-Storm
Hi-Point Carbine
CMMG Resolute
Just Right Carbine
Vector Gen II
IVI Tavor
Ruger PC Carbine

I've fired a few of these and they are actually pretty fun. But aesthetically, I think they look like ridiculous Sci-Fi guns.

Maybe I should start a company that makes M3 Grease gun repos to compete with these carbines.

What are your thoughts?

It would be neat to see an M1 Carbine lookalike in :
.45acp
9mm
.40S&W
10mm

Or have Ruger bring back there original .44 Magnum carbine , but in the above calibers with the original tube magazine that Ruger had for their .44 Magnum carbines.
Andy

Perhaps I'm too much of a WWII fanboy but modern pistol caliber carbines look terrible. Beyond the classic lever actions or WWII firearms the choices available are something out of a 1950s Sci-Fi movie or a boring copy of an AR type platform.

Examples:
Beretta CX4-Storm
Hi-Point Carbine
CMMG Resolute
Just Right Carbine
Vector Gen II
IVI Tavor
Ruger PC Carbine

I've fired a few of these and they are actually pretty fun. But aesthetically, I think they look like ridiculous Sci-Fi guns.

Maybe I should start a company that makes M3 Grease gun repos to compete with these carbines.

What are your thoughts?

That would be a great Idea I've wanted to build a semi auto version in 9 . If you get it going build them to take GLOCK MAGS and it should be a success.

Aw, c'mon now. These PCCs are super cute like a l'il lop eared puppy frolicking with its food bowl. So cute...
Naw. Not really, but just wanted to throw in some extra food for the discussion. Disclaimer- I don't own any PCC, however I winked at one once in my local gun store next to a Holiday Inn Express. That is all.

Meh...
Service Album  105.jpg

Service Album  106.jpg

MechTech systems makes a neat adapter that utilizes your pistol frame. Only downside is, the price is their product is about the same as buying an entire PCC.

I bought one in 10mm when they were a much less developed company and were cheaper.

The Kel-Tec Sub2000 is a neat product, especially the updated gen 2 version.

To the OP:
I agree 100% with what you said, only because you have not mentioned Kel-Tec SUB-2000.

I have a Gen. 2 (Glock version) one in 9x19.
It is a lightweight, packable, reliable and accurate 100-yard shooter - a good companion to my EDC G26.
An addition of a few 31-rd magazines makes it a good CQ/mid-range HD/SHTF tool.
I have a Truglo Tru-Tec red dot with QD mount on mine, because my eyes are old and iron sights are almost useless for me. The QD mount is neatly designed and sturdy and holds zero after re-mounting.

Last Edited:
I would say a lot on the list provided are a bit ugly. I'm also not into the futuristic looking guns in general not just PCCs. There are a few I like the looks of, like the CZ scorpion (the new one) and some of the AR pattern ones.

The question is, which is better a PCC or a rifle caliber pistol?

Not exactly on topic, but I just bought a PSA 9mm complete lower and 16" upper for $540 shipped. Got 3, 33 round glock mags for 12 bucks each and it's a lot of fun.

What are your thoughts?

With the boom in these I have been kind of surprised someone has not again come out with a Semi, rifle, version of the old M3. The design was super simple and cheap to make, clone would be easy. Of course to tool up to make something like this is NOT what many "imagine" it to be. It would take some real money to become a manufacturer and be able to crank them out at a price point to compete now.

I own a HiPoint 9mm carbine (my lands, he admits it) and it's so ugly...it's beautiful....dependable and accurate.

Now, I'm looking quite closely at the Ruger 9mm and it's breathtakingly gorgeous!

Plus, it goes great with my new outfit!

To the OP:
I agree 100% with what you said, only because you have not mentioned Kel-Tec SUB-2000.

These (KT S2K) get a lot of bad press but I do LOVE mine. Of course I am big on PCC's though. I keep it because of what it is. VERY short and light. For around the home with a light on it, it is almost as easy to maneuver as a full size hand gun. Folded it rides in a laptop case, with the laptop. Its so short it's not much "fun" to shoot compared to the other PCC's I own but damn if it does not still impress me. Especially since I paid less than $300 for it new. The new version is also very tempting and I like the improvements. If they were to offer one in 10MM? I would be on the waiting list for one :)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews