JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Mechtechs are on my radar but I wish the builds would come in a bit lighter. A build like you have pictured there would come in at over 8#'s if I don't miss my guess.
Am guessin' you could come close for a few hundred less if you don't accessorize like crazy. And just look at that big ol' forward assist sticking out the left side.

The Henry I bought from Reno todayis a pcc I imagine. Walnut, brass and blue steel. I plan on slowly and stealthily shooting 38special. It is about as far from space gun as it gets.

The Henry I bought from Reno todayis a pcc I imagine. Walnut, brass and blue steel. I plan on slowly and stealthily shooting 38special. It is about as far from space gun as it gets.
Visual aid of said hideous ugly space gun.

E445F2E7-4430-4AA3-B99D-8059F483C42C.jpeg

It is beautiful and I plan on shooting it a lot. I like all pccs I am afraid. My Handi rifle in s&w 500 magnum might also count. It is a scary black rifle though. (Single shot break barrel)

It is beautiful and I plan on shooting it a lot. I like all pccs I am afraid. My Handi rifle in s&w 500 magnum might also count. It is a scary black rifle though. (Single shot break barrel)
I spendy way but damn I like it...is it hard to find ammo? Like you kind of have a hankering for single shots so Thompsons with barrels 30/30, 223 Rem, 45LC/410-3" all 10" hex barrels. Maybe a 45-70 some day!:D

Micro roni with Gaston glock cheese. This is the OG version.

Some call it a glock In a sock
Some call it a prop from starship troopers

Please dont knock it until you try it....this is what a true pistol caliber carbine looks like!! 20190507_132619.jpg 20190410_150323.jpg

Though a fan of pistol-caliber carbines, I kind of have to agree with the OP. At lot of the new ones look and/or handle like crap. (A couple weeks ago I had a Hi-Point carbine come in for a NICS check/transfer and I, literally, wouldn't accept one for free as it would take up space in the gun cabinet. I was more than happy to handle the background check and paperwork for a fee though.)

Granted, of the PCCs we have in the battery now, only one is a semi-auto (SBRed/suppressed vz 61 Škorpion in 7.65x17㎜) and the rest lever-guns in .357 and .44 Magnum. No real reason why other than they work for our purposes.

I wish they'd bring back the Camp-45 and, well, it wasn't a pile. I had one for about a minute before it self-destructed in the form of the stock going to pieces. Good concept (M1 Carbine-esque handling, .45 ACP, feeds from 1911 magazines), but crap execution.

Ditto the AO M1 Carbine. Neat idea (newly manufactured M1 Carbine), but dumpster-fire result with the NIB specimen we acquired.

I'll admit the now discontinued Ruger Deerfield in .44 Magnum looks interesting. I just haven't been able to justify buying one and, for the matter, it is exceedingly rare I see them on the used market. If Ruger ever brought them back, either tube or box magazine fed, I'd be interested.

As @AndyinEverson mentioned above, a sort of modernized M1 Carbine in a pistol caliber would be nice. Alas, I doubt there would be enough market for them for a big outfit to do so.

Anyway, to each their own. :)

My fantasy is a M1 carbine that can be ordered in 9, 40, 10 or 45, with interchangeable trigger guard/magwells so you can run 9mm with M9 or Glock or SIG mags or 45 with 1911 or Para Ordinance or Glock mags.

I don't own them any longer but I do LIKE the looks of some pistol caliber lever action 'carbine' rifles!

I do LIKE the looks of many types of guns even if I don't own or shoot them any longer.

Specific lever action rifles in pistol caliber (22lr, 22wmr, 357Magnum, 38Special and Plus P and 45Long Colt.) and in other CF calibers - example 30-30 caliber.

I like specific bolt action rifles too.

I did love and still do love combination guns in pistol calibers - handguns/rifles that share ammunition even if I do not own them any longer. Plus I don't own or shoot handguns any longer.

Old Lady Cate

Perhaps I'm too much of a WWII fanboy but modern pistol caliber carbines look terrible. Beyond the classic lever actions or WWII firearms the choices available are something out of a 1950s Sci-Fi movie or a boring copy of an AR type platform.

Examples:
Beretta CX4-Storm
Hi-Point Carbine
CMMG Resolute
Just Right Carbine
Vector Gen II
IVI Tavor
Ruger PC Carbine

I've fired a few of these and they are actually pretty fun. But aesthetically, I think they look like ridiculous Sci-Fi guns.

Maybe I should start a company that makes M3 Grease gun repos to compete with these carbines.

What are your thoughts?
How difficult would it be to compete with existing prices? Could a decent carbine kit based on an old barebones smg be thrown together and sold for <$500?

Perhaps I'm too much of a WWII fanboy but modern pistol caliber carbines look terrible. Beyond the classic lever actions or WWII firearms the choices available are something out of a 1950s Sci-Fi movie or a boring copy of an AR type platform.

Examples:
Beretta CX4-Storm
Hi-Point Carbine
CMMG Resolute
Just Right Carbine
Vector Gen II
IVI Tavor
Ruger PC Carbine

I've fired a few of these and they are actually pretty fun. But aesthetically, I think they look like ridiculous Sci-Fi guns.

Maybe I should start a company that makes M3 Grease gun repos to compete with these carbines.

What are your thoughts?
If we Americans purchased only the firearms that look good, Glock would be selling makeup at sears.

Micro roni with Gaston glock cheese. This is the OG version.

Some call it a glock In a sock
Some call it a prop from starship troopers

Please dont knock it until you try it....this is what a true pistol caliber carbine looks like!!View attachment 582220 View attachment 582221
Looks like fun, and could even be a serious tool for those who may not be accomplished pistol shooters. It would definitely extend range.

Examples:
Beretta CX4-Storm
Hi-Point Carbine
CMMG Resolute
Just Right Carbine
Vector Gen II
IVI Tavor
Ruger PC Carbine

What are your thoughts?
I can't afford a grease gun but oh I wish. This is as close as I will get for a while.

IMG_20190523_143501.jpg

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads