JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought this set for one of Aero's monthly dealios and am now looking to finish up the build. The hand guard is roughly 9.5" so I'm looking at barrels in the ~10.5 - 12" range.

What I'm having trouble deciding is the caliber. Could do a dedicated .22LR trainer but meh. It's short and loud if I go with 5.56. Little long for .300 subs but would work. Could get an adjustable gas block and go for a jack of all trades .300.

No use cases for this one. It's a fun gun. Whatever it winds up as is how it'll get used.

What do you think?

771A15EA-46EF-4BB4-86D4-1B3F146CBB92.jpeg

Try a .45 ACP AR suppressed if you haven't. That barrel length would still keep things sub sonic, especially with 230s. I built mine with a cmmg RDB system and it's amazing just how quiet it really is with my dead air primal. Granted, you'd need a big bore can so that ads a grand to the build price...

In rifle terms, I'd totally go .375 socom just like directdrive said. I've already got a bunch of .375 bullets for my .375 Ruger. Again, though, I've already established the infrastructure for it.

If you wanted a no hassle drop in, easily sourced choice, I'd go with the "boring" .300 blk with adjustable block like you said. It's not sexy but it's versatile

Try a .45 ACP AR suppressed if you haven't. That barrel length would still keep things sub sonic, especially with 230s. I built mine with a cmmg RDB system and it's amazing just how quiet it really is with my dead air primal. Granted, you'd need a big bore can so that ads a grand to the build price...

In rifle terms, I'd totally go .375 socom just like directdrive said. I've already got a bunch of .375 bullets for my .375 Ruger. Again, though, I've already established the infrastructure for it.

If you wanted a no hassle drop in, easily sourced choice, I'd go with the "boring" .300 blk with adjustable block like you said. It's not sexy but it's versatile
I am, rather unfortunately, about 7 months away from a move and then another 12 months after that.

Really wish I would have bought more cans while in Oregon. Unless the ATF can get form 4's cranked out faster, I'll be SOL on picking up another anytime soon.

Would be a lot of fun though. Hadn't considered .45 but if I can get ahold of anything from cmmg - the have a whole host of calibers to potentially play with.

4" 22lr barrel + 6" 22lr suppressor.

10" of barrel and can - 9.5" rail = 0.5" suppressor poke.

4" 22lr barrel + 6" 22lr suppressor.

10" of barrel and can - 9.5" rail = 0.5" suppressor poke.
Kind of like this one? I suppose I can have a His and Hers build - this did become my wife's favorite so far (taking the top spot from the rainbow spit build)

185D6AF2-EEE5-4CB9-B50F-DB6E590606AE.jpeg

I have a couple 50 Beowulf's that have longer barrels and have considered in the past doing one with a shorter barrel. So, I recommend going BIG with your small AR 😁

Stern Defense adapters are expensive, but are solid and good to go. Mean Arms makes conversion kits for Pmags….

I've got one in the mail from optics planet. They are spendy buggers. I'm thinking a 9mm SBR.

I bought this set for one of Aero's monthly dealios and am now looking to finish up the build. The hand guard is roughly 9.5" so I'm looking at barrels in the ~10.5 - 12" range.

What I'm having trouble deciding is the caliber. Could do a dedicated .22LR trainer but meh. It's short and loud if I go with 5.56. Little long for .300 subs but would work. Could get an adjustable gas block and go for a jack of all trades .300.

No use cases for this one. It's a fun gun. Whatever it winds up as is how it'll get used.

What do you think?

View attachment 1372032
I did a m4e1 10" 300 blackout and it's my favorite gun. Always suppressed and subs only.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top