JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Canadian super-pigs are coming.
Sooo, what kind of Canadian pig are we talking about here...?

1700718238504.png

" fish breeders of Idaho " near Haegerman Idaho raised approximately 10,000 gators for meat harvesting. They no longer do this , but it's obviously doable. Hot springs are the key.
Holy cow. I had no idea.

As an ex-Floridian, this is going to require some alcohol and long conversation with my father and brother to process. Fortunately tomorrow is an excellent day to do that… ;)

(To clarify: we grew up around Louisville KY but moved to FL in the mid 80s). We all slowly moved to the PNW in the late 90s/early 00s).

That's why I'm terribly familiar with gators in my back yard, but did not know it was also an Idaho thing…

Oh, this is going to be a funny conversation at dinner tomorrow.

Last Edited:
Launching .308 from a 12" barrel would be interesting. To quote the immortal words of Jimi Hendrix, "let me stand next to your fire'a".
I've long been toying with the idea of a 10.3" fixed (ie, Mk 18) or 12.5" takedown (ie, GAU-5 ASDW) concept scaled up to an AR10, maybe something like the SFAR, but in .30-06 shooting Garand ammo. (Why Garand? AP Ball M2, the only civilian-legal armor-piercing rounds.)

You heard it here first. And it's not our southern border with the cartel state. It's the northern one with the communist Trudeau.

A population of hard-to-eradicate 'super pigs' in Canada is threatening to invade the US

That's right, Canadian super-pigs are coming.

"Best caliber for super-pigs" should let us take a welcome break from bear caliber food-fiights. Hopefully Texas will enter the chat.
Based on recent threats, I'd say a Nomex® fire suit is appropriate.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top