JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
M18A1 Claymore mines....
Are an excellent way to say :
Get off of my lawn....:D
Andy
Screenshot_20231124_195802.jpg

" fish breeders of Idaho " near Haegerman Idaho raised approximately 10,000 gators for meat harvesting. They no longer do this , but it's obviously doable. Hot springs are the key.
That is a lot of gators and space allocation. I was at a place with about 400 in various states of development in Mississippi and it was at least a square mile. Wonder what the math is behind producing 10k meat gators.

That is a lot of gators and space allocation. I was at a place with about 400 in various states of development in Mississippi and it was at least a square mile. Wonder what the math is behind producing 10k meat gators.
I assume it was over a longer period of time. That company, IIRC , was the one delivering live tilapia and catfish to uwajimaya and other seafood markets in King, sno-co Pierce County area.
The gators also acted as a waste disposal component of the fish farm.
I only ever did business with them once, probably 20 years ago.

Growing up in Texas, I took out a small hog with a .22 Hornet and ear-holed another with a .270. Both dropped where they stood. We even hunted them with dogs and a pig sticker (and a handgun for backup). We didn't have any encounters on that trip, but that's something the guys I went with did regularly. Those were all down south. I don't recall seeing any feral hogs around where I grew up in central Texas, but the population exploded sometime after I moved to Washington. They cause all sorts of damage to land, crops, fences, and vehicles.

You can actually book a hunt with AR15s or shotguns and shoot them from a helicopter now. I probably wouldn't use something as light as a .22, but caliber doesn't seem to matter a whole lot if your shot placement is good.

Just for fun I looked at muzzle energy of three different length .308 guns. You lose 9% of energy going from 16.5" to 12.5", and 36% going from 16.5" to 8.5"

16.5" 2497ft/sec, 2007 ft lb

12.5" 2381, 1825 ft lb -9%

8.5" 2008,1298 ft lb -36%

From this video:

That vid is him and Ian - but, whatever
I don't truck with antifa supporters period, much less satan worshippers. Also Karl Kasarda the in lnrangetv guy said he is contributing to the extinction of the white race. Why is that something to be proud of? We shouldn't be proud of contributing to the extinction of ANY race imo.

A quick look at ballistics from another source I saw 7.62x39 is about 25% less muzzle energy than .308 for the 12.5" barrel length fwiw (I didn't look at the other 2 lengths). Seems like 308 in 8" is tons of excess blast so maybe just for fireworks/fun. .308 in 12.5" is damn handy (and powerful) though Imo. I have nothing against shorter barrel 7.62 x 39, 300BO, or .556 I own the latter 2 and love em'

Here is a comparison of .308 in 12.5" vs 300BO vs .223 vs 7.62 x 39
AF7FD0B1-A091-4536-85E1-24941FBEE5E2.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR