JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Re gangs, imo if resources were devoted to it it would not be hard to id the gang memebers, their cars, their turf, where they hang out, and possibly where they live. But due to Hardesty/crypt keeper that would be "racist" so they would never do it.

By and large people here have led a sheltered life and don't have any common sense (That of course is not counting the many here who do have common sense but their aren't enough of them). I saw a posting on next door that funding police would raise taxes. How stupid! It never occurred to them that when they defunded police they didn't decrease taxes to compensate, they just moved it to other programs such as more park rangers etc. And even worse they voted for an additional 1% income tax to pay for homeless which will only make it more attractive to homeless criminals. They have no f clue.

So it seems to me to save this community the options are to try to 1) educate the voting populace so they hire police, 2) let them suffer enough carnage until they finally get it (which will likely take 1 generation and by then the old Portland and maybe the old "oregon" way of life in oregon at large will be gone, except in rural communities). 3) elect a strong leader and change the charter form of government to what the rest of the country uses and then aggressively keep strong leaders in office over time.

I just don't see any of those happening unfortunately. Not taking about what an individual can do such as move which is what we are gonna have to do.

While I respect your opinion, I don't think this can be by design. Portland's local government is not intelligent enough to pull something like that off. There are more and more lawful citizens like myself, who never thought they would own a firearm, going out and purchasing them for home protection. Not to mention walking around protection. I'd be interested to see how many new CHL applications are being submitted. Dec 9th can't come quick enough for me. And I hope that the wait after my appointment isn't too long, but as a few people on here have told me, I may not receive my CHL until March 2022.
The fox doesn't have to design a plan where the hen house is open. He just needs to take advantage of it. That's what I see in Portland. There is nothing grass roots in Portland from Occupy Wall St to Antifa to BLM. All these groups get millions is positive support from the mainstream up to congress and the white house.

Ted Wheeler and Kate Brown was the Leftist gift that kept giving. The bargin of a lifetime. Before them Portland was a pleasant place to ride a bike and get high. Now it's ground zero for chaos.

... Before them Portland was a pleasant place to ride a bike and get high. Now it's ground zero for chaos.
Amen brother.

If people want to change this before it's too late they need to focus on images of what they want such as u mentioned, or f.e. "being able to walk down the street at night safely", "have kids be able bicycle through streets safely", etc. and then make the changes that will bring that about. Again I don't see it happening though unfortunately.

Re gangs, imo if resources were devoted to it it would not be hard to id the gang memebers, their cars, their turf, where they hang out, and possibly where they live. But due to Hardesty/crypt keeper that would be "racist" so they would never do it.

By and large people here have led a sheltered life and don't have any common sense (That of course is not counting the many here who do have common sense but their aren't enough of them). I saw a posting on next door that funding police would raise taxes. How stupid! It never occurred to them that when they defunded police they didn't decrease taxes to compensate, they just moved it to other programs such as more park rangers etc. And even worse they voted for an additional 1% income tax to pay for homeless which will only make it more attractive to homeless criminals. They have no f clue.

So it seems to me to save this community the options are to try to 1) educate the voting populace so they hire police, 2) let them suffer enough carnage until they finally get it (which will likely take 1 generation and by then the old Portland and maybe the old "oregon" way of life in oregon at large will be gone, except in rural communities). 3) elect a strong leader and change the charter form of government to what the rest of the country uses and then aggressively keep strong leaders in office over time.

I just don't see any of those happening unfortunately. Not taking about what an individual can do such as move which is what we are gonna have to do.
It get's even better…. I just heard on the radio the PDX city council made a resolution to set aside several million dollars for providers of "reproductive services" here in Oregon for Texans to utilize.

In other words, taxpayer funded abortions…. specifically for out of state non-residents at that!

It get's even better…. I just heard on the radio the PDX city council made a resolution to set aside several million dollars for providers of "reproductive services" here in Oregon for Texans to utilize.

In other words, taxpayer funded abortions…. specifically for out of state non-residents at that!
Yea they have boku tax$ now since defunding police. Send it to other places instead of stopping crime here. Nuts!

Who gets to decide what "gang attire" is though? In high school, we were banned from wearing flannel jackets, because of a skinhead gang at my school. I thought that was the dumbest thing ever, considering I had a bunch of flannel in my closet.
Doesn't matter because the gang unit is disbanded and even if it was not, nothing is ever done anyway.

But gang colors/attire and most of the members are well know crims anyway. When we had a gang unit, we had intelligence on these *************. And if we were to have a "Purge" non-gang members would not be trying to emulate gangstas by wearing gang attire, and if they did they would quickly receive a Darwin award. Some gang members would continue to show the colors and would also get their Darwin awards. Hypothetically speaking, that is.

It's not going to get better.

PDX, with legalized drug possession and a ready population of consumers, is valuable territory. Worth fighting over. With that fight comes non-local direction and personnel, and a more 'professional' organization. So I'm not sure the local LE have a handle on who all the current bad guys are. "Gangs" are more mobile than the days of Sharks and Jets.

We also have the pleasure of getting to experience all the ancillary crime that comes with having created such a lucrative environment.

Oregon Man Pleads Guilty

Thanks, heard it while driving through the Terwilleger Curves this morning…. Not "millions", but hundreds of thousands is still bad enough, and would actually fill one or two potholes around those sweet city streets….

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top