JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My God! I know fast food isn't all that healthy, but it's a crime to eat that crap now? :eek: Who knew...

And what's with the cop yanking open the door? Is that a new procedure upon approaching a vehicle now?
I was under the impression the procedure was a strong directive, something along the lines of: "Step out of the vehicle, please." o_O

When standards drop simply to fill empty positions this is what you're left with.

Unfortunately this isn't new. Decades of hiring anyone that can fog a mirror has led to this.

With the recent mass early retirement of qualified officers, the bad ones are only going to get more street time alone with nobody to keep them in check.
Same things happening in the military. We are definitely not getting any stronger as a country.

Here is more info:

I have been saying for a while that the MORONS who have been after Cops were going to get just this. Make it so no one "qualified" wants the job and you end up hiring people who should NEVER have a badge and gun. This clown went into full panic mode. It was amazing he only hit the driver. The tax payers will now make the kid who he shot a multi millionaire if he lives. If he does not his family will be wealthy.

I agree that standards among LEO have really slipped, but... so has civilian non compliance. By that I mean it's more acceptable it seems to defy authority, run, resist arrest, fight with LEO's and try to use a persons rights to somehow shield themselves from consequences of their bad actions.

There are definately some bad egg LEO's, but I see a whole lot more people being bad actors toward LEO's without considering the severity of the consequences and then crying foul when they get stomped.

"Yeah, I stole this car but you have no right to put your hands on me". Attack an officer, try to get his taser or firearm then sue if you get shot. And let's face it... every time you hear a person say, "I'm not resisting!"... they most absolutely ARE!

This vid... I think the cop made a mistake by not waiting for back up and his approach sucked, but then again... the cop was following up on a stolen vehicle, the kid was attempting to evade and his vehicle did pose a deadly threat to the officer. The LEO's failure to comply with department proceedures didn't give the kid permission to attempt evasion or run the guy over.

Ultimately the main responsibility lies on the LEO, but the contributing factors to the circumstances was 50/50, IMHO.

I have seen more really horrible police work on YouTube since Covid than I did in 31 years of doing the stuff. Our nation; our world is in sad shape. May the pendulum swing!
31 years ago police weren't being villainized at every turn by politicians sucking up to get elected. The media wasn't out to get police officers. And there weren't brainless ninnies looking to score some kind of points on you toob, and the like, everywhere with video recording capabilities.
I'm in the camp of believing that a large segment of society/people have turned bad. Not the police.

31 years ago police weren't being villainized at every turn by politicians sucking up to get elected. The media wasn't out to get police officers. And there weren't brainless ninnies looking to score some kind of points on you toob, and the like, everywhere with video recording capabilities.
I'm in the camp of believing that a large segment of society/people have turned bad. Not the police.
Well, I dont know. It goes back to at least the Rodney King beatings and the Rampart scandal of the Mid 90's. About that time everyone started carrying their own video recorder and a lot of what had been going on for decades, if not forever but wasn't documented, became public record, as it should be. Cops have to follow the law too. It sucks getting called out for being a tirant .

Last Edited:
Well, I dont know. It goes back to at least the Rodney King beatings and the Rampart scandal of the Mid 90's. About that time everyone started carrying their own video recorder and a lot of what had been going on but not documented became public record as it should be. Cops have to follow the law too. It sucks getting called out for being a tirant .
YEP! The stuff that lead up to the great LA mess was that for too long bad stuff was covered up and ignored.
What we had with this video though shows what happens when you get the wrong people in the job. The Cops life was never in danger. Kid was a fool to try to get away but, the Cop went into full blown panic, firing at the car. There is NO WAY he was ever trained to walk up and yank a door open like that. That alone showed he was not fit for the job. It was just dumb luck he only hit the kid and no one else panic firing like that. Someone like that should NEVER be allowed to be a Cop. Up here we are seeing the result of the law makers tying the Cops hands. So scum just do as they please. Different here is I have yet to see some Cop go into panic mode and start firing on a vehicle like that over nothing. Its one thing if some scum is trying to run you down. Its a whole different world when the stupid kid is just running away from you and you keep firing on the vehicle. This is how some Cop often not only loses his job but ends up being charged with a crime and convicted.

Yep this was not "Police turning bad". This was someone who should never have been hired in the first place. Sadly I am sure he only got the job because they were having a real hard time finding people who were qualified and they had no choice. This crap is going to get worse as people who do not have what it takes get into these jobs and then panic like that.

Well, I dont know. It goes back to at least the Rodney King beatings and the Rampart scandal of the Mid 90's. About that time everyone started carrying their own video recorder and a lot of what had been going on for decades, if not forever but wasn't documented, became public record, as it should be. Cops have to follow the law too. It sucks getting called out for being a tirant .
It kind of started with photographs and film. Photographs of the civil war and later, sometimes, massacres of indigenous peoples. Then more photographs and then actual war film footage. WWII, Korea, Vietnam footage brought the war home, and of course, the government didn't like that - for the most part.

Things like photographs of Kent State, brought out scorn.

Today, the ubiquitous smartphone and increasingly small cams attached to things; drones, people, cars, doorbells, inside and outside homes and businesses, expose the actions of people, mostly public, but also authority.

I would love it if all politicians had to wear bodycams 24/7/365 and bureaucrats had vid cams while working, especially in meetings/conferences/etc.

Yep this was not "Police turning bad". This was someone who should never have been hired in the first place. Sadly I am sure he only got the job because they were having a real hard time finding people who were qualified and they had no choice. This crap is going to get worse as people who do not have what it takes get into these jobs and then panic like that.
I don't fully disagree, but LEO's are human too. Despite training, there is no way to predict exactly how someone that new on the job will react when faced with a high stress situation. Who knows... he may have been top of his class through the academy, but just one of those types to fold under the slightest pressure. All training and common sense cancelled out by a sheer panic response.

Of course, it's not 100% but part of that fault does go to the training curriculum. It's not meant to just condition and teach the facts, but be sufficiently rigorous enough to be able to weed out those that demonstrate behaviour and mental dificiencies not suitable for the job.

A culmination of small faults in the system adding up to crap like that in that vid.

Police used to be a job that the elementary school student would dream of having when THEY "Grew Up". Firemen too.
What a screwed up society they've built. I say "They" because I have no offspring. It's my generation's offspring that bore and raised this current crop of...Fill in the blank, I guess. :(

Here, this'll work...
1665234137552.png

I don't fully disagree, but LEO's are human too. Despite training, there is no way to predict exactly how someone that new on the job will react when faced with a high stress situation. Who knows... he may have been top of his class through the academy, but just one of those types to fold under the slightest pressure. All training and common sense cancelled out by a sheer panic response.

Of course, it's not 100% but part of that fault does go to the training curriculum. It's not meant to just condition and teach the facts, but be sufficiently rigorous enough to be able to weed out those that demonstrate behaviour and mental dificiencies not suitable for the job.

A culmination of small faults in the system adding up to crap like that in that vid.
I know that up here at least they run people through a battery of "pro's" who sort out just this kind of thing. To prevent just this kind of thing. That was NOT a high stress situation. It was a situation that would make me VERY angry, that the little punk was doing it again. The Cop chose to go over and yank that door open on a car where he could not see. That alone should have been the end of his job. He had to be trained not to do that. He was angry that the punk had "bested" him before and now he was out for revenge. Then when the kid took off again he went into full panic. Do you have any idea what his little screw up is going to cost the tax payers there? They will have to pay out HUGE. Which they surely have insurance for but, guess what happens to the cost then? Guy this is not a "mistake anyone can make" kind of thing. This is someone who should never have been in that job. He actually got lucky that it did not end up FAR worse than it did. If he had killed that girl in the car? I can guarantee the Cop would not only have lost his job, he would be going to prison. I am SUPER Pro Cop. To the point many think I go too far. This clown is the kind who get good Cops killed because they had no choice but to hire him. This is the result of this "war on Cops" leading to piss poor hiring. This one got lucky all he did was get fired. He was a loose cannon who could easily have ended up in prison.

Police used to be a job that the elementary school student would dream of having when THEY "Grew Up". Firemen too.
What a screwed up society they've built. I say "They" because I have no offspring. It's my generation's offspring that bore and raised this current crop of...Fill in the blank, I guess. :(

Here, this'll work...
View attachment 1288765
Last time I was in College I was with a few just like her. I am sure several of the ones I was in with are wondering why they can't find work and are in over their heads with damn loans they took:mad:

Last time I was in College I was with a few just like her. I am sure several of the ones I was in with are wondering why they can't find work and are in over their heads with damn loans they took:mad:
I believe I've learned now that growing up in a conservative community is heads above the very best environment to raise children in. What's been taught, and learned now, is leading to the destruction of what this country was all about from our independence from the likes of England ( at that time).
Wish I'd kept count of the reasons I'm glad I'm the age I am.

Wow, I already have an extreme dislike of police.
(Don't have a single blemish on my background)
Videos like this just make it worse. I cant count the amount of times I've had my rights violated by these clowns. I've been surrounded at pro caliber by 4 cop cars because I "fit the description" also had a cop hide between 2 cars with his AR pointed at my back without identifying himself while I was sitting in a car minding my own business, same bs excuse. Guys name was Fifer of the Vancouver PD and he was a coward. Not saying they should be de funded, but they DEFINITELY need more training and more vetting. As for this guy, life in prison. Cause if it were the other way around, that's how itd be.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top