JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good lord, this is really getting out of hand. I used to live not too far from there on 104th and Sandy. My buddy and his wife still live in that house, and it's insane to hear the stories from them.

When my buddy initially bought the house in 2010, it wasn't uncommon for us to hear a few gun shots every now and then. Things got much better from 2011-2014. Then around late 2014 early 2015, we had a lot of sketchy motor homes in the neighborhood, stolen cars being dumped on our street, and his car even being stolen 3 different times from the driveway. The third time was the last time he saw that car. Luckily I was able to leave that neighborhood in 2016 when I met my ex-girlfriend(Now my wife. I hope you enjoy that joke).

Now it's the Wild West out there. There's been multiple murders just blocks away, one of them a teenager in broad daylight just one block up. I'm blown away that him and his wife haven't put the house up on the market yet. This city is unbearable at this point.

Lived NW of Legacy ("overlook" neighborhood) for but a short while in 2008. Was a reasonably decent residential area. Went downhill rather quickly as one crossed interstate Blvd and headed towards MLK.

Took a job out in Hillsboro & moved to Tigard. Much nicer.

Here is an idea (far to radical for the dems who "run" the place) create a police task force to go out and hunt down all the gangbangers and do whatever it takes to rid our streets of them... This cannot be allowed to continue in our cities.

I think this shooting was the same night. Different area than the 100 bullet shooting. Lady driving to the gym had bullet go through her windshield just missing her. Park ranger pickup hit with poeple in it. Several other cars hit. 26 bullets. Right next to mt Scott community center and park.

I think this shooting was the same night. Different area than the 100 bullet shooting. Lady driving to the gym had bullet go through her windshield just missing her. Park ranger pickup hit with poeple in it. Several other cars hit. 26 bullets. Right next to mt Scott community center and park.

Two separate events.
☹️☹️

Here is an idea (far to radical for the dems who "run" the place) create a police task force to go out and hunt down all the gangbangers and do whatever it takes to rid our streets of them... This cannot be allowed to continue in our cities.
If only that task force wasn't already disbanded… Since they've been gone, shootings have skyrocketed.

But in truth I think all of this is by design, wait until things get so bad and then declare martial law, citizens cannot have guns under martial law... and guns are not the only thing affected by it, say goodbye to a great many of our liberties... no more pussyfooting around by the powers that be, they could quicken their pace ten fold this way..

"Portland city commissioners gave PP&R $1.4 million in April to expand the unarmed park ranger program due to the surge in shootings in the city,"

That makes a lot of sense. So Portland.

But in truth I think all of this is by design, wait until things get so bad and then declare martial law, citizens cannot have guns under martial law... and guns are not the only thing affected by it, say goodbye to a great many of our liberties... no more pussyfooting around by the powers that be, they could quicken their pace ten fold this way..
They pull that, there will be a great insurgency on their hands, an overwhelming force of violence focused on a very select few who have brought this upon the good folks of Potland, trapped behind enemy lines!

While I respect your opinion, I don't think this can be by design. Portland's local government is not intelligent enough to pull something like that off. There are more and more lawful citizens like myself, who never thought they would own a firearm, going out and purchasing them for home protection. Not to mention walking around protection. I'd be interested to see how many new CHL applications are being submitted. Dec 9th can't come quick enough for me. And I hope that the wait after my appointment isn't too long, but as a few people on here have told me, I may not receive my CHL until March 2022.

If only that task force wasn't already disbanded… Since they've been gone, shootings have skyrocketed.
But we have Park rangers on patrol.

Edit:

1631688172830.png

Last Edited:
While I respect your opinion, I don't think this can be by design. Portland's local government is not intelligent enough to pull something like that off.
Perhaps you're right, although I wasn't thinking it was just Portlands local government, I think it's a little more widespread than that, and if you pay attention to the rest of the country as a whole the pieces may fall together a little better.

It's hard to believe that it's a mere coincidence that in particular areas in our country these things are happening. Granted there is still crime increasing across the board but no where as violently and quickly as in the blue states run by you know who…

Ya, for how much longer?
For a while. Tigard doesn't skimp on their Police force. I swear they have 3 or 4 manned rigs waiting at the station in the middle of the night. I work close by the Tigard Station and often I will see one peel out of there, then another, then another and then another. I honestly don't know what they are doing there all night besides waiting for a call.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top