JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can run over an armed carjacker in Wa. but you just cant shoot him with a gun that has more than 10 rounds in the mag.

If only the carjackers stopped using standard mags it would all make sense...

Your position in traffic has a lot to do with response. If you have a clear path ahead, you have options. Including possible run-down. However, if you are blocked in by other cars, that's another story. One where run-down isn't an option. If you are doing ghetto driving, you really need to be observing quite a way down the road in an attempt to foresee problems.

When my mother was still alive, she lived in a nice enough city. But like many, it had a skeevy ghetto core area. A major, non-Interstate highway ran through this bad area. Sometimes when visiting, I needed to travel to the other side of this area. When I' had to drive this route, I'd hang back from traffic signals, trying to time them for green. I avoided getting boxed in. My trips along this highway were usually in the earlier morning hours when traffic was light. If by some chance a red light barred my passage at an intersection, I would avoid coming to a full stop. Even if it meant blowing the light. I figured it was easier to deal with a traffic officer than a carjacker. Since it was a well-known carjacking area, I imagined (rightly or wrongly) that lenience might be easier to obtain due to the circumstances.

My particular plan was to stay in the number one lane; that way, I could use a median or make a U-turn for escape. Driving on or across a sidewalk may present a possible escape route. If you have to drive up and over a curb, so be it.

If I was on the Interstate and saw people walking onto traffic lanes and slowing traffic ahead, major red flag. There is no reason you can't hang back, pull over to the side of the road and wait to see what is happening.

So many drivers are semi-comatose while driving, or distracted by the radio or electronics while driving. Or just plain daydreaming. You really need to be paying attention 100% to driving for so many reasons. Maybe you can relax some when you get out on the Interstate out of town, crossing the state where traffic is often sparse. BUT: Even then, you need to know what's going on. Like a truck suddenly jack-knifing in front of you, or a blown-out tire (one of yours or debris from someone else's) or wildlife crossing the road, as some examples.

Recently, I've been reading stories of some of the Israelis who managed to escape from Hamas forces during the Oct. 7 invasion. Some were able to do so thanks to extraordinary driving skills under extreme conditions. During the invasion, the area was criss-crossed by fleeing Israelis, Hamas fighters, and marauding Gazan "civilians" who followed the Hamas people across into Israel to loot, rape and kill. Some of the better and luckier Israeli drivers were able to zip down roads that were surrounded by Hamas fighters and Gazans, on foot, motorbikes, pickup trucks, and stolen Israeli cars, all the time being shot at.

The way I see it if you are a protester impeding my escape or way out of the situation or a Antifa or BLM moron than it's probably not a good idea to get in the way of my car or truck. 😉

BUT, But, but.....did ya even try calling 911, first?

Aloha, Mark

PS....not on a/the JURY here. BUT, But, but.....

Have the Police (Ambulance Service, Politicians, etc.....) abrogated their responsibility to the people?

Oh yeah....

Defund the Police.
Staff Shortages.
Etc..... etc.....
I wouldn't call 911 first. That would be distracted driving, and I want to make sure I hit him good and square.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top