JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sounds like after she was shot she kept driving doing a lot more damage.

This is the best video I could find:

This article has more of the details:

Last Edited:
I was trying to think of what change in weapon or tactics would have made a difference here. Seems like maybe a 8.5"-10.5" 300 blackout weapon in a one point sling could have made a difference. It woudl be on body carry so it could be the first thing he deploys after getting out of his police car. If it was an ar-180/foxtrot Mike etc type that fires with the stock folded/collapsed that would help.

Seems to me it would have to be a weapon worn on the officer that could quickly be accessed (not a seperate rifle or shotgun in the trunk). Or a weapon they woudl automatically grab when exiting the vehicle maybe. Just thinking out loud.

300 BO would be around 1100 ft lbs of energy (fpe) or so and I assume bullet shape and weight would penetrate better than 9mm (around 350 fpe).

I wish the first thing these young LEOs reached for wasn't a deadly weapon. It seems to me that happens way more often than it should. There are times it is needed but not always.

I wish the first thing these young LEOs reached for wasn't a deadly weapon. It seems to me that happens way more often than it should. There are times it is needed but not always.
The problem is in an unknown situation you have to start with that because if they pull a gun etc they may not have time to switch to a deadly weapon cuz they will be dead. If they start with a deadly weapon they may have time to switch to tazer, pepper spray etc.

Depends on the situation though. When I was assaulted there seemed to be no threat of a deadly weapon so I left my pistol in its holster and brought out and used pepper spray first, which totally incapacitated the perp and gave me a chance to get the hell out of dodge.

Last Edited:
Which "young LEO" were you referring to? If you're talking about the officer on the hood of the car who discharged his weapon, he is a Sergeant with 10 years as an officer.

Which "young LEO" were you referring to? If you're talking about the officer on the hood of the car who discharged his weapon, he is a Sergeant with 10 years as an officer.
With that kind of experience one would think he knew enough not to walk in front of a car with a criminal in the driver seat. As I understand the car was stolen.

With that kind of experience one would think he knew enough not to walk in front of a car with a criminal in the driver seat. As I understand the car was stolen.
They had stopped pursuit earlier so had a bunch of cops trying to stop her with stop strips etc now that they found her again. Should they just let her drive away again and try to find her somewhere else? I'm not gonna judge his decision of trying to stop her. I don't know if he could have done it differently. One has to be there imo to make any kind of judgement. Monday morning quarterbacking doesn't work if you weren't there and have the total context and experience of the situation Imo.

Not stepping in front of the car? 🤔

I do wonder what context we are missing from the reporting at this point. That seemed like a bit much for a stolen car / evading arrest situation, but until we get the full story 🤷‍♂️
Stepping in front of the car is a typical tactic of LEOs when the car is stopped. Staying there and not getting out of the way is not.

The driver just went from eluding/etc. to assault on a LEO with a deadly weapon AND being shot. The pursuit had disengaged - she should have abandoned the car and walked away, much better chance of not being caught. But typical criminal behavior; stupid from start to finish.

The car was reversing when the officer "walk(ed) in front of a car". The next thing you'll tell us is that they shouldn't have even been in the parking lot.

Also "duty to apprehend" may have been first and foremost in his mind. Perhaps an officer with less experience woudl have self preservation first and foremost. Who knows...

The next thing you'll tell us is that they shouldn't have even been in the parking lot.
Like I said above, really wonder what 'the rest of the story' will turn out to be. Just my under informed opinion, but that looked like a heck of a lot for *just* a reported stolen car and faure to stop. Wild hyperbole here but if it had developed into her wanted in connection to a homicide or something than yeah, that looked about right, but if it was just a bunch of bored cops "bum hurt" because she gave them the slip when they tried to pull her over, that might have been a bit much

Like I said above, really wonder what 'the rest of the story' will turn out to be. Just my under informed opinion, but that looked like a heck of a lot for *just* a reported stolen car and faure to stop. Wild hyperbole here but if it had developed into her wanted in connection to a homicide or something than yeah, that looked about right, but if it was just a bunch of bored cops "bum hurt" because she gave them the slip when they tried to pull her over, that might have been a bit much
Agree with need the rest of the story. Fe if in the pursuit she put multiple lives at risk and they considered her an imment threat to hurt civilians if they didn't stop her now that they found her again. Without being there or lots of more info, Monday morning quarterbacking just doesn't work Imo.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews