JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A car is a deadly weapon and once the officer was struck, he was well within the law to shoot the driver.

That said, I think there was a heaping dose of John Wayne or John Wick at play here. The officers sense of self preservation was pretty poor. Ignore the fact he walked in front of a fleeing suspect in a vehicle,that's been covered, and look at the fact that a) having already been run over once he b) gets back on his feet and chooses to walk in front of the car again..while she's revving the engine.

This was a sh!tshow as far as training goes. Three (at least) suv patrol cars were there and could have effectively boxed her in.

Would you stand directly behind or in front of the car?
Most likely yes. If my job was to stop and apprehend the perp then standing in front of the car as it's moving backwards with gun drawn seems perfectly appropriate to me and yea that's probably what I would have done. Don't know what I would have done if she started forward though, probably jumped to the side to get a another more favorable chance at it. But that assumes I'm already there out of the car. One would have to be there to make that call Imo. Without the context of previous action of the perp it's hard to say for sure though. If they were, fe, at the point where they felt they had to stop her no matter what then that woudl change things Imo. No idea about that though cuz we weren't there.

Imo that is situation dependent. Maybe they were getting out of their car with stop strips and/or hoping to arrest her while she was still parked or? They are making a judgement in real time and I have no idea if training/policies etc say "do not use spike strips", blockade with cars instead" (or whatever). It seems perfectly reasonable to me to approach her and issue commands to "stop", "get out of the car", etc. That's their job to do that. The lady chose to disobey and try to run him over instead of stopping and getting out of the car like they commanded.
Maybe in Portland PPB would want to "negotiate" in a situation like this ?
The best solution is to prepare for the worst and bring overwhelming force to bear (ie patrol cars boxing).
I saw a one-man cavalry charge in that video. LOL

You can slice it, dice it and bring up unusual circumstances, but I saw ineffective use of resources at hand in that video.
It could have ended a lot worse than it did.

Okay, just remember. If you are ever threatened by a criminal (home invasion, robbery, etc), DO NOT dial 911. Responding officers might be too rough with whomever is being mean to you.
I suspect if there is ever a home invasion I will be reporting that a crime has occurred and there is no hurry, also have them bring a coranoer with them. Otherwise I won't be calling ever again. again.

I saw a one-man cavalry charge in that video. LOL

I saw many police trying to stop her. I think two of them were laying down spike strips.

I think a key thing here is that they were out of their cars. A lot of comments are about using the cars as blockade instead of getting out of the car. That may well be valid I don't know. Again imo you would have to be there. Maybe they have been continuously putting down strips and she had been avoiding them earlier Fe and they were continuing that same method. Just really hard to say imo without being there.

I saw many police trying to stop her. I think two of them were laying down spike strips.

I think a key thing here is that they were out of their cars. A lot of comments are about using the cars as blockade instead of getting out of the car. That may well be valid I don't know. Again imo you would have to be there. Maybe they have been continuously putting down strips and she had been avoiding them earlier Fe and they were continuing that same method. Just really hard to say imo without being there.
That was pathetic looking.
Deploying spike strips at close range like that, with the perp watching is never a good plan.
We weren't there, but the whole thing looked amateur and it's lucky that it didn't end worse than it did.

That's my armchair quarterbacking for today.

So you do not believe in our judicial system and feel vigilantism should be the norm? A police officer should not be just enforcing the law he should be judge and jury as well. Sorry dont agree.
You believe in our "justice system"? No, I do not. It is utterly corrupt and does not dispense justice, not does it attempt to. It is an archaic punishment system, one which those with financial resources get off far easier than poor folks. I do agree that LEO should not be 'vigilantes', but in the context of this shooting, the office was assaulted and could have been easily killed. The driver is *solely* responsible for the outcome here. Cop tells you to stop...you do it. If LEO is wrong for asking you to stop, that can be sorted out afterwards; simply comply in the moment and do not escalate.

I am concerned with this becoming a police state - police have a responsibility to uphold the law, not to execute someone because they chose to.. I sure hope your not law enforcement with your logic of shoot all criminals.
We are already a police state. Where have you been? That does not mean running down cops helps matters.

I in no way supported the perps actions but I do hold ourlaw enforcement accountable for thier actions. Think what ever you will. When Leo's are no longer held accountable for thier actions we live in police state.
The current situation in the PNW, and much of the rest of the country, is much more akin to "inmates running the asylum" than anything remotely resembling a "police state", friend.

The trend has been to excuse and be soft on criminals and criminal behavior for a while running now, and it's taking its toll on public safety as well as officer safety (not to mention effectiveness).

Re barrier penetration better than what the cop used, too bad these little .308 PDWs are so heavy, other wise they could be on a one point sling. (J/k)

Only problem is the massive fireball would probably light the whole car interior on fire, and that's never a good look. ;) :s0112:

0BD8D48A-DF51-45C1-B12B-FA4EAB1D23B4.jpeg
Here's a 12.5" .308 (the one above is 8.5" so would have even bigger fireballs) :s0048:

Last Edited:
I am not, but have family who are.
I am proud of those who choose to be, but anymore, can't understand the desire to become LEO. There are too many such as yourself who favor the criminals over our LEO.
This is exactly why so many are now struggling to find people to take the job. They also end up hiring people who would have never made the cut and we are paying for that mistake. Same people who hate Cops then scream and cry when they are the victim. 🤬

Not related to this cluster but thank the jesus, thanks to diversity hires, the usual response to an expired parking ticket is to spray the general area with gunfire.
Good times.

The current situation in the PNW, and much of the rest of the country, is much more akin to "inmates running the asylum" than anything remotely resembling a "police state", friend.

The trend has been to excuse and be soft on criminals and criminal behavior for a while running now, and it's taking its toll on public safety as well as officer safety (not to mention effectiveness).
There is one common theme with the crowd who hate Cops. They scream for scum to be allowed to go until said scum nails someone they care about. When one of the scum run down some loved one of theirs because Cops just let them go? The same people now throw a temper tantrum about why did Police let the scum go. People get what they ask for then scream and cry when it bites them. :s0092:

I wish the first thing these young LEOs reached for wasn't a deadly weapon. It seems to me that happens way more often than it should. There are times it is needed but not always.
I wished the first thing these young criminals would do is get sober and get a job. Then cops wouldn't need to draw guns.

As long as Chip & Dale are out there, no one is safe!

ETA that video :s0112:

Last Edited:
Not stepping in front of the car? 🤔

I do wonder what context we are missing from the reporting at this point. That seemed like a bit much for a stolen car / evading arrest situation, but until we get the full story 🤷‍♂️
She didn't get shot for stealing a car. She got shot for attempting to murder a police officer with said stolen car. Big difference.

What I think is hilarious in situations like this is how some folks try dissecting and rear quarterbacking what a LEO did or did not do... and trying to argue that the LEO's level of response was not justifiable for a simple property theft.

Let's just accept that, because LE was attempting to enforce the laws she was breaking, the criminal was justified in choosing to escalate a stolen car and reckless endangerment beef into attempted murder with a deadly weapon. After all, what other choice did she have, right??🤣

It doesn't matter if the officer was standing where he maybe shouldn't be or not. SHE was the one behind the wheel and made a conscious choice to escalate her crime from a simple property theft into attempted murder.

The mental disconnect it takes to argue that, if he hadn't been standing there she wouldn't have had to try and kill him, is just mind blowing.

I know it's becoming an ever increasing foreign concept, but choices do have consequences. I know... it sucks... but such is the nature of reality.;)
It needed to be said louder for the slow folks in the back of the room. ;)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews