JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fair enough. Does that have any correlation with Florida being a Red state? Or is it just the heat/humidity?
I think the proportions of crazy are higher than average. That said, they are the third largest state by population, so the occurrences will be higher based on averages alone.

Florida has substantially more freedom than here I'll give 'em that. I lived there from late 2019 til just this last fall when we moved here.

Hearing coworkers talk about what it was like here through the pandemic shtuff. Yikes. Sounds like it was a borderline police state. I went through the pandemic mostly business as usual down there.

"Florida man" is a real thing though! Haha

Hearing coworkers talk about what it was like here through the pandemic shtuff. Yikes. Sounds like it was a borderline police state. I went through the pandemic mostly business as usual down there.
It was. And the minute they "reopened" we reverted to the nat'l average for Covid infection rates. Which is to say, the lockdowns were only successful at delaying the inevitable while bleeding small businesses of all their savings.

It was nice for the laptop economy who was able to Netflix and chill while working two hours a day stoned in their pajamas. I'd rather have taken my chances in Florida.

I've flown down there for work quite a bit for the past five years. Any state that has pre-historic animals that can eat you roaming freely on the bike paths and flying insects the size of pterodactyls is simply wrong. That explains a lot about things to me.

I've flown down there for work quite a bit for the past five years. Any state that has pre-historic animals that can eat you roaming freely on the bike paths and flying insects the size of pterodactyls is simply wrong. That explains a lot about things to me.
I work in Springfield and drive by countless troglodytes sleeping on sidewalks daily

The wife is a Florida native, and things being what they are, we've discussed moving there from time to time.. after 50 years in the Colorado mtns I dunno if I would do well at my age in all that heat and humidity and snakes and gators and bugs n stuff...
I want to spend the winters someplace with more sun and warmth than the Pacific NorthWet - but not Florida - or for that matter anywhere in SE of the USA, or in the deserts. I thought about the hill country of Texas.

But the first winter I am able to do this (hopefully next winter), I am going to try a hop skip and a jump to New Zealand by flying to Hawaii, staying a week or two, then fly to Tahiti (or Fiji or thereabouts) and stay a week or two, then spend the rest of the winter in NZ, then come back in April or May.

No snakes or gators in NZ - and there is only one (rare) poisonous spider. I think they have Great White sharks though, but after 3 years in CG SAR, I have no inclination to go out on or in the ocean.

I want to spend the winters someplace with more sun and warmth than the Pacific NorthWet - but not Florida - or for that matter anywhere in SE of the USA, or in the deserts. I thought about the hill country of Texas.

But the first winter I am able to do this (hopefully next winter), I am going to try a hop skip and a jump to New Zealand by flying to Hawaii, staying a week or two, then fly to Tahiti (or Fiji or thereabouts) and stay a week or two, then spend the rest of the winter in NZ, then come back in April or May.

No snakes or gators in NZ - and there is only one (rare) poisonous spider. I think they have Great White sharks though, but after 3 years in CG SAR, I have no inclination to go out on or in the ocean.
Hope your funds are great, NZ is spendy.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top