JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I came across this video today and posted it after an incident (not a carjacking/robbery) that I experienced in Seattle last Friday. See separate post in this area of the Forums.

Washington Gun Law President, William Kirk, discusses a recent video that has been kicking around the online universe which showed an attempted carjacking in South Africa that ends rather quickly as the driver then utilized the car as a weapon to end the threat in a fairly quick fashion. So the question we answer today is "can you in fact, run over someone who is trying to carjack you?" The answer may surprise you so learn more and arm yourself with education today.

You take the most expedient, readily available option to stop him from shooting you. In this case, I don't see any viable option other than running him over. If you try to drive around him, he's going to pass right by your window with a gun in his hand, and he may be a bit disappointed. You don't want that. If you reverse, he's got an even better shot at you through your windshield. If you stop, you're putting yourself at the mercy of a person who points guns at strangers to get what he wants. You definitely don't want that.

Just an OPINION.

"Aim small, miss small."

BUT, But, but.....since.....
There are no Guarantees that your aim will be true. Not to mention, that it's a moving target.

So then......
1698201973400.png

BUT, But, but......if you do......
Be prepared to JUSTIFY your actions.

Aloha, Mark

PS.......looking for a DEFENSE?

1st. Remember to.
Lawyer-Up.jpg

Last Edited:
You take the most expedient, readily available option to stop him from shooting you. In this case, I don't see any viable option other than running him over. If you try to drive around him, he's going to pass right by your window with a gun in his hand, and he may be a bit disappointed. You don't want that. If you reverse, he's got an even better shot at you through your windshield. If you stop, you're putting yourself at the mercy of a person who points guns at strangers to get what he wants. You definitely don't want that.
Hit, then back up over them to check if they're OK and want you to call an ambulance.

Hit, then back up over them to check if they're OK and want you to call an ambulance.
BUT, But, but.....did ya even try calling 911, first?

Aloha, Mark

PS....not on a/the JURY here. BUT, But, but.....

Have the Police (Ambulance Service, Politicians, etc.....) abrogated their responsibility to the people?

Oh yeah....

Defund the Police.
Staff Shortages.
Etc..... etc.....

Last Edited:
View attachment 1747979
Anybody remember the Seattle freeway protestors that got run over? I won't post the short video here as it's pretty graphic. But can be found on YouTube.
View attachment 1747980
Was it this one?

Was it this one?

I mean what did they expect being on an interstate at night?

Apparently this happened to a guy over the weekend near Woodburn. He tried to carjack people on I5 after wrecking his car. Ended the same, up and over.

In Seattle (my stomping grounds) had I been in that driver's position I would have likely noticed people on the road far earlier than before I was on the freeway, while still on the onramp. Put it in reverse and go back up the onramp and go a few miles down the road and get on I-5.

Primary reason is I care more about not damaging my car than their lives and putting it in reverse seems like the most prudent choice to avoid damage to my car.

I've seen another video (not white car video) in the white care video I don't know how you do that without hitting people. They literally used cars to block off the road. A reasonable person doesn't perceive them as having good intentions.

Was it this one?

Poor driving skills, he only got 2? Should have gone back for an attempt at a spare

You could tell the driver was obviously somewhat concerned because they slowed down after the car strike, personally, I'd call 911, while continuing to drive. The people in the road were a threat. Call 911 and keep driving. Cops can come to your house to talk to you. Calling 911 to report what happen shows you are not fleeing from the scene, just fleeing the danger that is at the scene.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top