JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@WillametteWill Agreed. In no way did I mean it to come across as set in stone. Much like the force continuum you don't have to hit each step to advance to the next. Certain scenarios require you to escalate your response quickly.

According to the news, the now fired cop will face two charges of aggravated assault, assuming the adolescent he shot survives.
As well he deserves. He was DAMN lucky he did not kill the passenger. If he had he would be looking at a long time in prison. What really bothers me is the tax payers are again the ones who will take a HUGE hit here for his stupidity. I would be nice to see him come out of this never being able to have a gun again. People who can not control themselves like that should not be allowed to have one.

That young cop boogered up this entire scenario and should be held liable.

...waiting for the national outrage. Where is the "I can't eat a burger" mob? The "burger down, don't shoot" protests?

Oh, that's right...the victim wasn't a criminal, so can't be a victim. And also wrong genetic makeup. San An is going to be fine.

Well this keeps getting better. Just looked at the news and the kid is on life support, said there is no improvement. So I suspect soon the charges against the idiot will soon be far more serious. His little temper tantrum is going to cost him many years in prison. Its a good lesson to those who carry a gun. Before you drill someone make damn sure you have your emotions in check so you do not end up like this fool. :(

Well this keeps getting better. Just looked at the news and the kid is on life support, said there is no improvement. So I suspect soon the charges against the idiot will soon be far more serious. His little temper tantrum is going to cost him many years in prison. Its a good lesson to those who carry a gun. Before you drill someone make damn sure you have your emotions in check so you do not end up like this fool. :(
He's now been arrested and charged. Kid is still on life support. I think that officer is gunna have some serious time sitting in a cell contemplating what he did and his inability to control his emotions.

Agree with what most said here. This seems to be about ego and emotions more than anything else. A couple seconds can change your life, that's for sure.

For us civilians seems to me it's good to have lots of tools in the toolbox (verbal, body language, flashlight if possible, pepper spray etc) in addition to deadly force option. Lots of encounters can be diffused well before they get close to deadly force. Perhaps best tool is to never let your ego or emotions dictate your actions. Easy to say but hard to do though.

According to the news, the now fired cop will face two charges of aggravated assault, assuming the adolescent he shot survives.
Were any of the dirt bag rioters hurling frozen water bottles and rocks and what ever, at police officers, ever arrested for assaulting a police officer during the 2020-2021riots in downtown potland?

Were any of the dirt bag rioters hurling frozen water bottles and rocks and what ever, at police officers, ever arrested for assaulting a police officer during the 2020-2021riots in downtown potland?
No. The DA here doesn't do his job. Along with the Governor, Mayor, Chief of police, and Multnomah County Sheriff.

Agree with what most said here. This seems to be about ego and emotions more than anything else. A couple seconds can change your life, that's for sure.

For us civilians seems to me it's good to have lots of tools in the toolbox (verbal, body language, flashlight if possible, pepper spray etc) in addition to deadly force option. Lots of encounters can be diffused well before they get close to deadly force. Perhaps best tool is to never let your ego or emotions dictate your actions. Easy to say but hard to do though.
Unfortunately a lot of that takes time, training and experience. Verbal judo is the most effective and the most used tool that you have in a self defense/high stress scenario until you have to jump the force continuum. It takes a lot of practice, time and failure to develop that skill.

In LE sometimes one screw up can ruin your career/life. I would guess that this officer wasn't intending to shoot that individual. Nor was he expecting the vehicle (with him pinned between the door and car) to reverse. He obviously let his emotion/frustration with the previous days call (where he got "beat" by that vehicle) to control his actions.

If he would have simply slowed down and collected himself the situation more than likely would have played out much different. How much longer would it have taken to get in the patrol vehicle and pull up behind the vehicle? Activate your lights and call into dispatch. At which point you have made your presence known and confined the subject. At that point make contact. If the suspect rams your vehicle or tries to leave you handle the situation according to how the suspect reacts.

I can say for me personally (although I always lock my doors) if an individual walked up to my vehicle in the cover of darkness (without identifying him/herself) and ripped open the door I would not just sit there and wait to see what they wanted. Fatal funnel and a sitting target. Movement is key to life. I don't blame the kid for taking off. As of right now we have no knowledge of his relationship/feelings toward LEOs. So I am not going to point a finger at him saying he was being non compliant or was actively trying to evaid/harm police. That requires intent. Which I can not say for sure that this individual (now on life support) had/didn't have.

Oh man, I didn't know you had to suffer the displeasure of living in potland/multco too. I'm sorry.
I don't. I live in Washington county. But I work in Multnomah and have witnessed my building along with multiple others get broken into. Stolen merchandise. Cats stolen off vehicles. Vandalism. Extreme drug use in the open. Feces everywhere. Uncontrolled violence. And a police force that doesn't show up unless you say you're being murdered.

I don't. I live in Washington county. But I work in Multnomah and have witnessed my building along with multiple others get broken into. Stolen merchandise. Cats stolen off vehicles. Vandalism. Extreme drug use in the open. Feces everywhere. Uncontrolled violence. And a police force that doesn't show up unless you say you're being murdered.
I've got to figure your city police are probably suffering from the same afflictions that the potland police did/do. If they don't have the officers on duty, they can't respond. I lay the entire blame on the horrible democraptic leadership for failing to support our policemen on the street for the last three years.

I still think your not quite as bad over in WaCo as we are within potland/multco. Close maybe? But still not as bad.

I've got to figure your city police are probably suffering from the same afflictions that the potland police did/do. If they don't have the officers on duty, they can't respond. I lay the entire blame on the horrible democraptic leadership for failing to support our policemen on the street for the last three years.

I still think your not quite as bad over in WaCo as we are within potland/multco. Close maybe? But still not as bad.
Actually Washington county and my city police are pretty squared away. I don't see much of what I do in Portland/Multnomah county. The police/sheriff here have community support.

In late 2017 - after an epic 2016 electoral vote upset in the presidential election which failed to elect Hillary Clinton, a certain Hungarian billionaire gave himself a huge tax break by transferring 18 billion to his various foundation(s) which then doled the money out to ensure the election of progressive prosecutors, mayors, councils, radical social movements, congress, senate and certainly president. Sound familiar?

Ignorant people are easily manipulated and incited to violence. Fund a massive nationwide movement which programs the ignorant to think that America is racist, has always been racist and is now even more racist ("white supremacy") and is currently denying them what they are due and killing them and you have the recipe for the what we have seen in the intervening years. That much money buys much influence and the policies that were paid for produce even more negative impact on society. Look at the timeline and it all makes sense.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top