JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When speaking with family about taking a member into protective custody for psychological evaluation, I advised them that there was often no elegant way of accomplishing the task. They usually chose to sit in another room.

Point: Law enFORCEment is not a genteel, refined, elegant line of work. More and more, alarmingly more, it is brute force - which does not look good on camera and cameras do not and cannot register the officer's mindset or perception of threat. It is unrehearsed physical combat in 100% uncontrolled environments.

That does not film well.
No but, look how often some scum comes after an Officer, who is then shot. It used to be all to often that the Officer went hunting for the scum and the scum did nothing. How many times did family and friends all testify that the Officer just shot him for no reason? Then Body cam's came along and we get to see the scum point a gun at the Cop before the Cop drills him. This is what I mean. We used to see clips of several Cops on top of some guy. Then when the Police release the entire video we see the scum attacking the Cops leading up to him ending up playing lets taste the pavement,
I have had several run ins were the camera was GREAT. One a guys Pit came after my Wife's dog. He got it back, I told him "Ok, I will let this one go". Weeks later same dog comes after my dog. This time I told the guy, "ok, I gave you the first one, I will not keep letting this go". He jumps in a car with two buddies and drives after me. Pulls up next to me screaming that his dog has NEVER been a problem for me and that my parents were not married and probably were close relations. After he stopped for a breath I pointed at the camera on my shirt. Said "see this? Its a video camera. This was all on video. Last time your dog came after me and my Wife that was on video. So lets see what the judge says while you get to watch all this with him." He sped off in his car. If I had been forced to drill him or his buddies that would also have been on video. To me WELL worth the cost of having the camera that back then was fairly pricey. Now they are pennies on the dollar what they cost then.

No, that is called felony assault/homicide. CoC usually involves an arrest for failure to cooperate.
I am saying that the cop yanked the door open because he felt personally insulted by the car evading him the day before aka "Contempt of Cop".

Was it the same driver? Was it even the same car? Does not matter to the cop who felt personally insulted, so he acted overly aggressive.

I am saying that the cop yanked the door open because he felt personally insulted by the car evading him the day before aka "Contempt of Cop".

Was it the same driver? Was it even the same car? Does not matter to the cop who felt personally insulted, so he acted overly aggressive.
THAT! Is exactly what was going on here. He was pissed off at the punk, did not even know for sure it was the same punk but, he was reacting with emotion and then panic. He was damn lucky he did not kill someone else. He would be headed to prison instead of just looking for a new job.

Dunno the details, but guessing from the course of things. Does SanAntonio even have an academy? do they even have an FTO program? Might have been a stolen car, might not. No matter, 100% of the contact was done wrong. Honestly I'll bet fellow officers are glad he's toast. Guys like him put them at risk.

I guess I'm showing my age, but I remember when a guy was arrested in Salem for trying to record his interaction with a Salem Police Officer during a traffic stop. Yes, on a public street. I believe that the court sided with the police.

This is probably one of the incidents that started the loss of support for police. Why would they be alarmed at being recorded if they were doing nothing wrong? That planted the seeds of doubt.

I'm not disagreeing with anyone, but just to inject some perspective into hindsight.... if the officer had been a fraction of a bit slower and the open door had caught him, dragged him a bit.. knocking him down and the front tire riding over him... I have no doubt hindsight view would be quite different. Hu!?

Less, "rogue cop does innocent teen burger chomper wrong" and more ""despite his injuries, valiant rookie manages to disable violent car thief". ;)

Even video footage can be subjective.

Wow, I already have an extreme dislike of police.
(Don't have a single blemish on my background)
Videos like this just make it worse. I cant count the amount of times I've had my rights violated by these clowns. I've been surrounded at pro caliber by 4 cop cars because I "fit the description" also had a cop hide between 2 cars with his AR pointed at my back without identifying himself while I was sitting in a car minding my own business, same bs excuse. Guys name was Fifer of the Vancouver PD and he was a coward. Not saying they should be de funded, but they DEFINITELY need more training and more vetting. As for this guy, life in prison. Cause if it were the other way around, that's how itd be.
The whole "holding people at gunpoint" thing, ignores the rules of firearm safety. People seem way too complacent with pointing deadly weapons at others with the intention being for compliance purposes.

I thought most probationary LEOs have to ride with a partner - usually?
Usually, I would assume. That's tough though when they drive out so many senior LEO's that the probationaries outnumber them(?).

I watched a body cam OIS just last week. Of the 5 LEO's involved, the most senior was a full 2yr veteran with the force. The majority ranged in the 1-1.5yr range and one was 3 months out of the academy.

It can't possibly be the norm, but those are some sad set of circumstances to have that ever happen at all.

Okay so I just watched this video

I'm at a loss what did the kid eating the burger do to have this cop open fire on him
When he tried to take off he hit the Cop with his door backing up. The Cop had tried to stop the same car another time and it lost him. He thought it was the same car and was angry and determined to not let the guy get over on him again. After he started to fire he just went into panic fire mode. He just was no where near the mental capacity to have the job of being a Cop.

When speaking with family about taking a member into protective custody for psychological evaluation, I advised them that there was often no elegant way of accomplishing the task. They usually chose to sit in another room.

Point: Law enFORCEment is not a genteel, refined, elegant line of work. More and more, alarmingly more, it is brute force - which does not look good on camera and cameras do not and cannot register the officer's mindset or perception of threat. It is unrehearsed physical combat in 100% uncontrolled environments.

That does not film well.
Ask. Tell. Make. They only get 3 chances.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top