JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Remember when VCR's first got going good? The old joke that most people's was flashing 12:00 all the time? Looks like the same thing. Driver never bothered to program his dash cam. Just plugged it in and turned it on. :s0140:
When seconds count, the police are only years away :s0140:

Second vid definitely better. From police dash cam you actually see the perp come back around taking aim at the officer, then officer unloads another volly and the perp literally drops dead.

I was debating on getting a brush guard for my new ride and this incident just sold me.

If I were in the driver's situation, I would have ran him over. Backing up, you're just giving him the opportunity to fire at you, at least it looked like he was a worthless shot.

I was debating on getting a brush guard for my new ride and this incident just sold me.

If I were in the driver's situation, I would have ran him over. Backing up, you're just giving him the opportunity to fire at you, at least it looked like he was a worthless shot.
Brush guards are called "damage multipliers" in the insurance world.

I think the officer did a heck of a job, so what if he fired 47 rounds, glad he had that much ammo- notice the individual that was attempting to carjack vehicles was across the creek by the time the officer confronted him. This appears to be pretty long handgun range. Shooting offhand with a pistol st this range is challenging, at best. Kudo's to the OSP officer and to the off duty officer that ran towards gunfire UNARMED!

glad he had that much ammo
That is why the mag in the rifle really throws me off. I'm curious the type of mount is used in the patrol car. Some have started the overall size might be the reason. Then there is a LPVO and light in it. The thing is well equipped, minus the ammo category.

47 rounds…..

Hey now I have validation for carrying the 56 rounds I have on me everyday!

Maybe we should pair the gear we have with an equal if not substantially more amount of training.

The cop is lucky he didn't hit anyone else. With that said I'm glad the perp took a permanent dirt nap.

Although I would to have loved to see someone in a vehicle clip his a$$ or simply run him over. That way my tax funded ammo didn't get waisted……

Although I would to have loved to see someone in a vehicle clip his a$$ or simply run him over.
My brain tells me I shouldn't find joy in it, but I'll admit.... nothing beats a good round of perp pin ball. 🤪

I think it's easy to empathize with the drivers inaction though. Many folks experience brain freeze in the moment just trying to process what is actually happening to them... let alone acting on a reasonable course of action to protect themselves.

It's a mental game where your best option is to have already decided and committed yourself to a plan of action long before you're actually faced with a given situation. Having to process, analyze, decide and then act... in the moment... under high a stress situation you are not accustomed to... ain't an easy feat.

My brain tells me I shouldn't find joy in it, but I'll admit.... nothing beats a good round of perp pin ball. 🤪

I think it's easy to empathize with the drivers inaction though. Many folks experience brain freeze in the moment just trying to process what is actually happening to them... let alone acting on a reasonable course of action to protect themselves.

It's a mental game where your best option is to have already decided and committed yourself to a plan of action long before you're actually faced with a given situation. Having to process, analyze, decide and then act... in the moment... under high a stress situation you are not accustomed to... ain't an easy feat.
Agreed. Most Americans are complacent and have a mentality of "it won't happen to me."

It's important to play scenarios throughout your head and how you will respond. If drivers got time to pull out their phones to record they have ample amount of time to produce a firearm. Or just jerk the wheel to the left and feel the bump go under your car.

That's if they actually carry or are willing to take a life. That's key.

What struck me was the poor shooting technique by law enforcement, just spraying bullets in the general direction of the bad guy.
Wait a minute- all this criticism of the OSP officer is crazy. I saw NOTHING wrong with his shooting technique, he was under fire (watch the bullet splashes around him when in the creek). He was alone without backup at the time, thought he had been wounded and was doing exactly the way he had been trained. Most have never been under fire, so to criticize someone that has been, is poor judgement (IMHO).

Wait a minute- all this criticism of the OSP officer is crazy. I saw NOTHING wrong with his shooting technique, he was under fire (watch the bullet splashes around him when in the creek). He was alone without backup at the time, thought he had been wounded and was doing exactly the way he had been trained. Most have never been under fire, so to criticize someone that has been, is poor judgement (IMHO).
Yes. Just point and pull the trigger. Is that what they teach in the academy nowadays?

It nearly is some places, but I think he was doing more than that. He got the bad guy to back off, then he hit him. I'm sorry he didn't look like Dirty Harry while he was busy winning the gunfight.
He only "won" the gun fight cause no other bystanders were hit.

Cops don't get a hall pass. I know that's an unwelcome opinion for some. But to me they don't sit on some pedestal. And I used to be in that line of work.

Thanks, I forgot to mention that: No other bystanders were hit. So he did that right too.

:D
He didn't do anything. He got lucky.

At least he shot though, I'll give him that. He did more then the cops in uvalde.

He didn't do anything. He got lucky.

At least he shot though, I'll give him that. He did more then the cops in uvalde.
I was gonna say like you'd have done better and then I remembered whom I was talking to. :D

I will say this - it looked to me like he was trying to get the guy's head down, and once he did, he took more carefully aimed shots. I don't think he's as bad as you're making it out to be. Lots of room for improvement, but good enough to get the job done at the time.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews