JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have lived in Oregon since 1971, my dad was born and raised in Oregon City and I had never heard of Benchmade Knives or known that they were headquartered in Oregon City until about 3 years ago.
Were they founded in Oregon City or moved there at some point??

I have lived in Oregon since 1971, my dad was born and raised in Oregon City and I had never heard of Benchmade Knives or known that they were headquartered in Oregon City until about 3 years ago.
Were they founded in Oregon City or moved there at some point??

Benchmade has always been in Oregon City. I was out there years ago with my son in law who was a Seal team member and he wanted to have his Benchmade serviced by them while they were here visiting. Benchmade sells a lot of knives to various parts of the military for special combat personnel. I hope the government looks into their anti gun/pro Dem stance and cancels their government contracts.

I think what bothers me the most is the "pay to play" attitude of our elected officials. It is sad that a company has to donate money to influence pro business policies.

I used to like Twitter several years ago, anymore it just like every is yelling at each other. Dumped in and Facebook the same week.

It's not for everyone. What I like about it is that I have a lot of control over what content I do and don't see, unlike Facebook. I use Twitter as my news aggregator, and it works really well for that purpose. I can always block/ignore those I don't want to here, though I don't have anyone blocked at this time.

This is going to be unpopular on this forum but yes, they donate to him, and that sucks for the 2A supporters, but from their point of view they are donating to the politician that has the most pull in their district. Wyden has a lot of influence in Oregon so it makes sense for them to appeal to him for their business.

There is no financial reason to donate the the Republican candidate in their district as there isn't one. This whole story has blown up to silly proportions. They are a business supporting their employees and community. They don't make guns and have other priorities than the 2nd amendment. it may have been unfortunate for them that helping to destroy the guns was posted, but they really did not do anything to deserve the backlash.

There business has been weakened. Supporting anti-gun politicians with money from our purchases of their products given their customer base is awful. It is good this information came out. Please spread the word not to buy Benchmaid. The power of the purse exercised.

For sure. Destroying guns is an issue. But their political donations over the years to anti-gun politicians rises to another level. Please circulate the news on this BMaid problem.

This is going to be unpopular on this forum but yes, they donate to him, and that sucks for the 2A supporters, but from their point of view they are donating to the politician that has the most pull in their district. Wyden has a lot of influence in Oregon so it makes sense for them to appeal to him for their business.

There is no financial reason to donate the the Republican candidate in their district as there isn't one. This whole story has blown up to silly proportions. They are a business supporting their employees and community. They don't make guns and have other priorities than the 2nd amendment. it may have been unfortunate for them that helping to destroy the guns was posted, but they really did not do anything to deserve the backlash.
Just as they have a right to donate to the many anti2a politicians that they have (see my comment above with some of the donations they have made) and just as you have the right to defend them here. We have the right and more importantly the justification to call them out on it with the "silly proportions" we have. We also are justified in denying them our support as customers for their systemic betrayal of their customer base

Because of this vid ^^ I will echo what others are saying. Donating to Democrat reps that vote YES for restrictions of the peoples 2nd amendment rights in Oregon make Bench Made traitors. As also mentioned, if the USA becomes like England, and others, they will be coming for their knives too down the road. Maybe it's time to start looking at what kinds of local/Oregon/Washington businesses donate to the Democratic candidates? And making contact en mass? After all, we have this local Oregon Business freaking out and doing interviews and making U-tube videos trying to convince us they aren't the enemy. It just might be the best time ever to shine a light on other companies.

Hey BM.... show me a big public donation to OFF and the NRA

I'd suggest GOA. They are currently fighting a battle in Washington State and need money now. Every thing I read from GOA reads plain and sensible, and not a rant of doom and gloom. OFF, not so much. And NRA? Are they anywhere in Oregon, or Washington, doing, anything?

Just as they have a right to donate to the many anti2a politicians that they have (see my comment above with some of the donations they have made) and just as you have the right to defend them here. We have the right and more importantly the justification to call them out on it with the "silly proportions" we have. We also are justified in denying them our support as customers for their systemic betrayal of their customer base

You are absolutely correct!

Just to be clear, I am not so much defending them as providing some context. Not everyone has the same priorities as we do. I don't defend what they did so much as wanted to explain why I understand what they did. Vote with your dollars and make their decision to give money to anti 2A politicians more costly than not not donating.

Also, I spend a lot of time on Reddit (probably a bad idea), and the "silly proportions" comment is aimed more at the posts I see there than on this site.

Because of this vid ^^ I will echo what others are saying. Donating to Democrat reps that vote YES for restrictions of the peoples 2nd amendment rights in Oregon make Bench Made traitors. As also mentioned, if the USA becomes like England, and others, they will be coming for their knives too down the road. Maybe it's time to start looking at what kinds of local/Oregon/Washington businesses donate to the Democratic candidates? And making contact en mass? After all, we have this local Oregon Business freaking out and doing interviews and making U-tube videos trying to convince us they aren't the enemy. It just might be the best time ever to shine a light on other companies.

I'd suggest GOA. They are currently fighting a battle in Washington State and need money now. Every thing I read from GOA reads plain and sensible, and not a rant of doom and gloom. OFF, not so much. And NRA? Are they anywhere in Oregon, or Washington, doing, anything?
Leupold is on the chopping block too.

As is Surefire, based out of California, so not entirely surprised.

Eotech (L3) is as well.

At this point, and the amount of folks scouring that open secrets website for others, we might not have anyone left to buy from.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top