JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like a lot of political armchair pundents trashing Benchmade for using their equipment to destroy police seized firearms.

(I use this term of endearment loosely as there are lot of really "bold" people on Facebook)

So I guess the funds from selling them wouldn't have helped the city coffers...weird.

Bad decisions lead to higher taxes...News at 11

44BB5A16-6D77-4360-AD0C-7F2F73B1BA2A.jpeg Sorry if this is a repost.

her half of the story; do with it what you will.

14264230_1167467316625088_1260503687162140997_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent.fphx1-2.jpg
Oregon City Police
31 mins ·
Good evening,

We understand some of our followers are upset with Benchmade knives because of a recent post we put out. The post did not give everyone the full story on why the guns were required to be destroyed.

We receive guns that are turned in from community members that they no longer want the guns and want them destroyed. We also have guns that are evidence and when a case is adjudicated the guns are ordered by the court to be destroyed.

These guns were required to be destroyed. We reached out to Benchmade to do us a favor at our request. Benchmade is a strong supporter of law enforcement and the Oregon City community. We were present when the guns were cut and we took them for final destruction.

We apologize for not informing everyone on the initial post. Benchmade is an excellent company and we urge everyone that had said they no longer support Benchmade to reconsider once they have all the information. Again, we apologize for not informing everyone with our recent post.

Respectfully,

Chief Jim Band and Mayor Dan Holladay

Spin it however they want. The bottom line is the message OCPD wanted the world to read. Benchmade could have said no.

I'm a long time Benchmade customer. I have my Infidel 3300 in my pocket right now....

And I'm ashamed of them for doing this. Stick to making knives BM, and remember probably 90%+ of your clientel are gun owners.

Stupid!

People have already brought up good points. If OCP is handling the final destruction why have Benchmade cut the guns in half at all when OCP clearly has the ability to destroy the guns themselves.

BM had every right to refuse to participate.

I'm considering a drive to their HQ tomorrow (been there many times) to calmly and professionally hand them over my $400 Infidel and tell them why I can no longer carry it in good conscience.

Was always proud Benchmade was in my home town. Until tonight. Plenty of other area knife makers to choose from. CRKT and Gerber come to mind. Like BM they make some here and some other places. Unlike BM they will be making my next one.

BM had every right to refuse to participate.

I'm considering a drive to their HQ tomorrow (been there many times) to calmly and professionally hand them over my $400 Infidel and tell them why I can no longer carry it in good conscience.
====================================
Please don't take it out on the Infidel.

The statement from OCP and Mayor Dan was also damage control. I'll believe it when I see that OCP sells some guns and doesn't destroy all of them.

Politcal contributions from Benchmade for the election cycle for 2018, Look back at the previous years. The vast majority of political contributions have gone to anti 2A dems.

Senate Ron Wyden (D-OR) $12,900
House Kurt Schrader (D-OR) $11,900
Senate Mark Udall (D-CO) $5,200
Senate Martin Heinrich (D-NM) $2,700
Senate Scott Brown (R-MA) $1,000
House Robert Cornilles (R-OR) $1,000
House Greg Walden (R-OR) $1,000
House Scott Bruun (R-OR) $500
Senate Jeff Merkley (D-OR) $500

Benchmade Knife Co: Recipients | OpenSecrets

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show