JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, it's my money - my choice.

Throwing my hands in the air and proclaiming: We can't win so why try?

That's not for me.

I'm not discouraged by apathy.

My money - my choice and I'll exercise it as I see fit.

BM - I wouldn't throw away a BM knife if I owned one (I don't) but I sure as heck won't 'buy one now' that I've been informed about their leftist support.

One key issue is their Anti-Gunner Support.

The antis have been dominating with message delivery (thanks in big part to friendly media). Our side not so much. I am willing to try all the tactics they are using and then some but our side seems stuck in the "write your representatives world". Judging from all the bs canned replies I have been getting those letters are not doing a whole lot of good. Media is never going to embrace our side but we need to take advantage of it as best as we can.
You have to remember, a lot of these activists have no other job than activism - paid or unpaid. Activism is a way of life for them, and they live and breath it, and operate in a bubble world surrounded by like minded persons, so their tactics and beliefs are constantly reaffirmed.

If you want to match or beat them, you have to match their fervor and then some.

I am not so naive as to think every product I buy is from a company that fully supports gun owners. But I do try not to live in a cloud and ignore the facts either. I don't spend all my time searching the internet for information on every maker of products I buy to see who is friendly to my beliefs, and who isn't either. But when I find out someone isn't friendly to my interests, I drop them, regardless of how much I previously enjoyed their product.
In the past I've broken from buying products from certain makers based on information I found. I didn't do so at the drop of a hat. I did as much investigation as possible, so my response wasn't a knee jerk reaction. But if it was confirmed to be true, I did drop them. I also didn't do anything so drastic as to toss away, or destroy all the products I'd already purchased. I admire those who do so, but I chose to use up what was already purchased, but abstain from buying anymore.
I think Benchmade, and their fans have taken the stance of being the victim here. They can't defend their involvement, so they tried to lessen it by saying they only loaned tools or space. Even though images clearly show Benchmade employees with their logos doing the cutting. They've refused to address their political donations, other than to say they're small amounts. But I personally don't care if it's $10 in the coffer of Ron Wyden; it's still too much if it goes to the wrong person fighting against my gun rights.
This morning's KPTV 12 news reported that Benchmade has announced they wont ever be involved with OCPD's firearms destruction. And OCPD has pulled the post thanking Benchmade for helping them. It's a start, but it's more like damage control at this point. In the future I'd like to see their donations go the other direction. If that happens I"ll once again support Benchmade, and tell myself they're learning, and changing their ways.

Not my guns....
F494F0A5-22FF-4D3D-BE32-DD7E255AF39E.jpeg :eek::s0023:

:s0055:

Last Edited:
I would have liked to have seen the firearms in question :
Returned to their rightful owners , if they were stolen...
The others sold with the proceeds given to say :
The police department...
Victims restitution fund...
Domestic Violence victims charity....
Andy

Andy, it was stated in the interview on the Lars Larson show with a person from OCPD that the guns were either brought in by people that said they wanted them destroyed, (what should OCPD do, ignore the citizens request?), or guns that had no owners. He stated that Oregon City has statutes that do not allow the sale of no longer needed evidence guns. He stated that they DO try to find, and return guns to their rightful owners.

It would seem to me that calls and letters to get statutes changed so PDs could sell guns to gun dealers in lots would be appropriate at this time. And perhaps calling your local PDs and asking how they deal with the fire arms they have in storage that are no longer needed.

BM - I wouldn't throw away a BM knife if I owned one (I don't) but I sure as heck won't 'buy one now' that I've been informed about their leftist support.

One key issue is their Leftist Support.

Maybe this extra pressure would be enough to have Benchmade thinking about who they donate to? And don't forget, companies get to write off political donations don't they? They want to stay in good graces with the ruling party, so they give all they can write off. I suggest if the fact Benchmade gives $$ to Dems. gives you fits you should look into some of the other companies you spend money at. What doesn't make sense is, supporting only the Dems is supporting higher taxes on Their businesses. Isn't it? I mean I hear a LOT about all the new taxes coming down the pike from the Dem majority, and sure to be signed by the guv'nor.

What's interesting are people that don't own a benchmade or have a tooth in the fight.

They complain about these kinds of threads and lecture how the majority should react or not.

Yet here they are posting away left and right, staunchly supporting a company they really know nothing about.

I own a Benchmade knife, but that has nothing to do with what Benchmade did. I own a lot of guns, and that has far more to do with what they did, and who they contribute to.

Same here, I'd rather have more gun parts & ammo components than over priced knives.
My Kershaws, Gerbers, Old Henreys & Bucks will get the job done to my satisfaction.;)

#MeToo... I prefer these for hunting and camping.

I find those countertop quality knives are useful for a few bucks in that I can have one in my pocket and if I break it or lose it... no big deal. I have a few larger knives of same quality that I keep in the camping gear box in the storage box of the 5th wheel trailer. Same thing.

Saw this thread at 4 pages, came back and now it it is at 17 pages. Holy cow!

Benchmade did a stupid for sure and the resulting dumpster fire is just self-immolation.

Since they are private will be hard to tell how bad it is for them on a revenue basis. Lots of people spout fire and brimstone but when the rubber hits the road, they usually don't follow through. It will be interesting what additional info Benchmade provides. They will probably lay low for a while as anything they say won't matter and will be turned into fodder by the mob anyways.

I just think that whoever did decide to "do this" really shouldn't be in a decision to decide this kind of stuff. Whether it is the owner or someone down the line, their decision-making rights need to be revoked because it was a poor choice. The release of their donations was probably something that the group was just waiting for the right opportunity to throw gas on a fire.

Much like the folks who had the homophobic posts from Kevin Hart ready to go when he was in the spotlight. It was not a coincidence that those came out as soon as he was announced as the MC for the Oscars. They were waiting in the tall grass for something like that to spring their news.

Even if it were a friend in the OCPD who asked a high school buddy at BM to help out, the right answer should have been, "hey, would love to help you out but I gotta pass, hope you understand why..." Doesn't matter if the guns "had to" be destroyed or not, legal or not, policy or not, there are just some things that should be "hey do what you gotta do, but don't involve me in it".

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top