JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is anyone here a police interrogator type person?
Yeah, I know a little bit about this stuff.

I used to know a guy who swore he could get me to confess to anything and Im thinking no you can't because I can shut my mouth very effectively.
Absent using some form of torture (including sleep deprivation or simply keeping you chained to a table in the same room for sixteen or more hours without letting you take a piss), he's full of crap.

Done sheriff's office, military police, police department and for a time, corrections department investigations. Worked for a department that used CVSA (computer voice stress analyzer) for a while until it got a licensed polygraph examiner. Voodoo science. I'm not entirely convinced about the polygraph, either (used to have to undergo that crap annually), I think it can be defeated.

But what I do know is that habitual criminals lie. Always.

Some criminals have gigantic egos and believe that whoever is questioning them will believe what they say... Which is why some LE types get the big egos because they've got some bad guys to talk...

Jail inmates lie. Prison inmates lie. It's a law as immutable as physics.

But those who are determined to not incriminate themselves will not typically incriminate themselves (unless we can get them on the next plane to Guantanamo Bay or they are just the average weak criminal).

I can't think of anyone that has talked their way out of jail, But the jail is full of those that talked their way in!
If I am in a tense situation I will say as little as possible. My lawyer will speak for me. DR

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top