JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Quick question since I haven't read much of this thread since the first week or so of the story- I saw more than a few people talking (on the internet) about marching down and giving Benchmade knives they owned or otherwise getting rid of those evil pieces of leftist steel, I think I even remember talk of video recording it for all to see... Are there any pictures or videos of anybody in this thread doing that? Anybody actually follow through on the talk (on the internet)? Just curious. Or is everybody onto the next thing to talk tough and be outraged about (you know, on the internet)? :)

Yes, this was posted on the AR15 forum recently. A chopped up BM knife. I;d say he made a statement:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102812/20190301_013435_jpg-861821.JPG

20190301_013435_jpg-861821.jpg

D2F693A9-303B-4F29-A943-2D695DAF6DF6.jpeg

Old news, but I just heard about it.. They get a hard pass from me guilty of being anti-gun or not. I've never been a fan of the brand.
Overpriced & bland designs IMHO...
Love my Spydee's even more now! The Glessers would never be involved in such debauchery.

Last Edited:
her half of the story; do with it what you will.

View attachment 550706
Oregon City Police
31 mins ·
Good evening,

We understand some of our followers are upset with Benchmade knives because of a recent post we put out. The post did not give everyone the full story on why the guns were required to be destroyed.

We receive guns that are turned in from community members that they no longer want the guns and want them destroyed. We also have guns that are evidence and when a case is adjudicated the guns are ordered by the court to be destroyed.

These guns were required to be destroyed. We reached out to Benchmade to do us a favor at our request. Benchmade is a strong supporter of law enforcement and the Oregon City community. We were present when the guns were cut and we took them for final destruction.

We apologize for not informing everyone on the initial post. Benchmade is an excellent company and we urge everyone that had said they no longer support Benchmade to reconsider once they have all the information. Again, we apologize for not informing everyone with our recent post.

Respectfully,

Chief Jim Band and Mayor Dan Holladay
How many of the firearms destroyed were either rare, of historical importance, or collectible, like an old Colt pistol ....

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top